★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Search This thread

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Cool thanks. I take it when you say about the new release you mean if it's a drastic update and the new rom needs an overhaul?

I meant when sdbags released his new rom and he will instruct us to wipe data or not to wipe data. If he said we need to wipe then you will have to backup your data then wipe, install his new rom, then use Titanium backup to restore.

Last edited:

twig007

Feb 20, 2012
Headphones still not working

I think I removed the headphone icon with the no sd notification patch. Can you reinstall without it enabled to see if it fixes your problem please. How are you controlling the volume btw?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Hi!

Thanks for the first tip. I reinstalled CleanROM with Clemsyn Kernel 1.8GHz without the sd notification patch (I haven't installed it before either as I wanted to keep the notications). The issue still pertains - I have no sound in my headphones (tried two different sets!) only some random little scratches. When I connect the headphones, they are not detected (the icon does not show up). The regular tablet speakers work without any problem.

I used PlayerPro for testing a song and to regulate the volume I use external buttons and well as app settings - none have impact on the headphones

I highly doubt it's a hardware issue, since all worked fine before and nothing happened to the tablet in the meantime that could potentially impact it.

Help appreciated....

kstack34

Aug 29, 2012
boot loop after battery drain

Went to use my TF700 this morning and the battery was completely dead...after charging it to about 50% i tried to reboot and its stuck in boot loop. i tried a dirty flash and no results. I do have data2SD installed so im not sure if that has anything to do with it..Is this a common problem if the battery is fully drained?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Went to use my TF700 this morning and the battery was completely dead...after charging it to about 50% i tried to reboot and its stuck in boot loop. i tried a dirty flash and no results. I do have data2SD installed so im not sure if that has anything to do with it..Is this a common problem if the battery is fully drained?

This usually caused by corruption of the sdcard, you can try to fix the card or just reformat the card. For the future reference, don't disabled journaling with data2sd.

Ruud Westerhout

Dec 30, 2005
Oberasbach
Although this helpthread is for 3.x and I am now on CROMI-X 4.3b6 I still the question does not hurt to be asked here.

I am using Titanium Backup as well as Media Sync from the same company.
I am making a daily backup but noticed that while restoring I am not aware of the correct way to do so.

Can maybe somebody tell what are the correct settings while making a backup and the same for restoring when You want to do the following :
-running one ROM, making backups on ext SD, incl backup of my Nova Prime launcher
-putting a new ROM for flashing on that same ext SD
-with TWRP wiping all, incl system and format
-after installing another ROM with TWRP the initial setup is followed from Android (or is it Asus)
-google is allowed to sync with my account and hence Play Store will start downloading the latest version of all my apps
-Titanium is getting Root and resets the device ID to former one
-now I would like to restore the settings for all of these programs, but at the same time not messing the clean setup up
-if allowed without screwing up I'd like to restore settings for Nova from the respective backup

What are the settings I use in Titanium here ?
Are You using some presets.

I am wondering very much that even without using Titanium for Restore my system has somewhere saved the WiFi settings of places I have been. Now where is that stored ?
Somewhere in Nova's backup file or does Titanium find something in the device ID settings ?

thanks a bunch for the one clearing this up.
Ruud

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Dzwiedz

Nov 22, 2012
Problem with 3d movie

Hi there,
Recently I flash new CHROMIX rom based on 4.2 android and when I wanted to watch 3d movie over the tablet on my TV something was wrong. I have turned on 3d mode in TV but it didn't recognize it. Last time I watched 3d movie on CHROMI 3.7.4 and it works fine. My question is: Did someone try to watch 3d movie on 4.2 android?

Thibor69

Hi there,
Recently I flash new CHROMIX rom based on 4.2 android and when I wanted to watch 3d movie over the tablet on my TV something was wrong. I have turned on 3d mode in TV but it didn't recognize it. Last time I watched 3d movie on CHROMI 3.7.4 and it works fine. My question is: Did someone try to watch 3d movie on 4.2 android?

First off ..... I want to personally thank both XDA-Members _That & Buhohitr for all their help here in this thread. I have a very busy life
with my family, kids, dogs, cats & (disabled wife) and 2 full time jobs. Without you 2 and a few others ( sorry I can't remember names, but you know who you are )
this Official Help Thread would have died off. Instead I believe it has really helped a lot of people and kept the other threads a bit cleaner. Thanks guys :good:

As for CROMI-X questions and help .... we are thinking of starting another "Official" help thread, but sdbags, myself and ThatsOK are in the planning stages only.
For now feel free to ask here but BE SURE to mention what ROM you are using CROMI 3.4.x or CROMI-X v4.xRCx or soon v4.x.x

Cheers to all :highfive:
Thibor69

Dzwiedz

Nov 22, 2012
Sorry about that, you absolutley right. First I schould (and i'm doing it:)) thank all of XDA-Developers who makes this rom and helping people to solve thier problems.

I have restore CleanROM 3.4.7 deodex and plug my TV to micro HDMI, in settings appeard the option "HDMI" where I can choose to play 3D movie. When I flashed back CHROMIX RC2 after plug microHDMI in settings I couldn't find this options. So is it posible at all to play 3D movie in new CHROMIX??

BTW sorry for my bad english:p

Wysyłane z mojego ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T za pomocą Tapatalk 2

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
unlocking 4.2.1?

anyone know how to unlock the tf700 4.2.1???
i went to the website and downloaded the unlocker tool but it doesnt work, i guess its not compatible with 4.2.1 yet....

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
anyone know how to unlock the tf700 4.2.1???
i went to the website and downloaded the unlocker tool but it doesnt work, i guess its not compatible with 4.2.1 yet....

Yeah, I saw Asus released the new version (V8) for the tf300, so I guess sooner or later we're going to see version 8 for the tf700 JB 4.2.1. If you can't wait, just downgrade to JB .25, then do the unlock with version 7 tool.
Edit: BTW, I heard some ppl actually used Version 7 to unlock JB 4.2.1 successfully, however, I can't confirm.

Reactions: rickymh19

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah, I saw Asus released the new version (V8) for the tf300, so I guess sooner or later we're going to see version 8 for the tf700 JB 4.2.1. If you can't wait, just downgrade to JB .25, then do the unlock with version 7 tool.
Edit: BTW, I heard some ppl actually used Version 7 to unlock JB 4.2.1 successfully, however, I can't confirm.

i guess im stuck having to downgrade to 4.1.1
and i tried to use version 7 to unlock it, but it wouldnt even let me get past the agreement part.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
i guess im stuck having to downgrade to 4.1.1
and i tried to use version 7 to unlock it, but it wouldnt even let me get past the agreement part.

It's not that bad to downgrade, If you want to try again with v7on JB 4.2.1, do a factory reset then give it another try, otherwise downgrade:
1. download full Asus JB.25 from Asus website, then unzip the downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
2. Rename the new zip to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
3. Format FAT32 the MicroSD card that you will be using for the update process
4. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
5. Insert it into the tablet
6. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
7. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
8. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button twice and upgrade process should start by itself.
9. Wait patiently for 10 minutes or so and Done.

rickymh19

Apr 17, 2013
It's not that bad to downgrade, If you want to try again with v7on JB 4.2.1, do a factory reset then give it another try, otherwise downgrade:
1. download full Asus JB.25 from Asus website, then unzip the downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
2. Rename the new zip to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
3. Format FAT32 the MicroSD card that you will be using for the update process
4. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
5. Insert it into the tablet
6. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
7. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
8. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button twice and upgrade process should start by itself.
9. Wait patiently for 10 minutes or so and Done.

ok just had to let you know so you can put the word out to everyone.
i finally got the bootloader unlocked, and rooted all on stock JB 4.2.1

Version 7 works perfectly fine to unlock, all i was doing wrong was that i wasnt scrolling down on the terms and agreements therefore i could not accept them lol.
and to root it, i used motochopper.

Reactions: buhohitr

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
ok just had to let you know so you can put the word out to everyone.
i finally got the bootloader unlocked, and rooted all on stock JB 4.2.1

Version 7 works perfectly fine to unlock, all i was doing wrong was that i wasnt scrolling down on the terms and agreements therefore i could not accept them lol.
and to root it, i used motochopper.

Nice!!! thank you for your confirmation. Enjoy the power of the tf700.

techcrazy101

Apr 11, 2013
I flashed this rom and I'm having slow download problem from the play store any help appreciated. I already tried clearing cache and data for app but that doesn't work.

ronniereiff

Oct 28, 2012
Pride
Nope, from all I read it won't ever work on 4.1.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
Actually i read many people got it to work on 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 but i cant seem to get it to work on my tf700

I have tried two different zips and both work but on one PS says my device is not yet supported and the other PS takes the first pic and force Closes

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

------- LAST UPDATED ON 12.15.2013 ------

*** READ THIS UPDATE PLEASE 12/15/2013 ***

UPDATE READ ME !!
    I just wanted to let you all know I am in the process of doing a major overhaul on this help thread. It is VERY OUTDATED.
    I am very sorry for this, but real life took over for a while ..... I am still quite busy working 6 days a week, so it might take
    a while ... if anyone is able to help out and you know a good amount of info on at least installing and helping new guys with
    some simple questions, please let me know. Basically We will be fielding questions and help for:

1. [CROMi-X 5.2.x]
    2. [CROMi-X 5.2.x][ROM2SD]
    3. [CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.x]
    4. [CROMi-X-MiNi 1.3.x]
    5. [CleanROM Inheritance 3.5.x]

I will have to do a major re-write to the OP.... unless someone wants to help me with that ... :p

Anyways .... Thanks for your patients and in the mean time if you get no answers here, then please seek your
    answers in the developer OP for your ROM. (The above ROMS are linked to their respectful Developer OP)

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW AS THEY WERE MADE MAINLY FOR CLEANROM INHERITANCE NOT CROMI-X

Cheers all.
    THiBOR69

===================================================​

*** OFFICIAL ***

HELP THREAD & GUIDE FOR THE ASUS INFINITY (TF700) CUSTOM ROM...

* * * CLEAN.ROM.iNHERiTANCE * * *

aKa CROMI

DEODEX & ODEX version

CREATOR OF CLEAN ROM INHERITANCE

SBDAGS

SPECIAL THANKS TO
    .SCROSLER ( CROMI is based off his original work )
    .SurduPetru
    .Clemsyn
    .Buhohitr

A LITTLE BACKGROUND
    CleanROM Inheritance ..also known as CROMI.. is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 10.4.4.23 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 WW release and updated to latest bootloader as needed. CROMI has its roots in the original CleanROM by Scrosler. Scrosler started the project and the 2.x series was largely based off his work with Sbdags' tweaks added. Starting with the 3.x series Sbdags took over the project and renamed it CleanROM Inheritance. He completely rebuilt it from a new Asus base by hand from the ground up. Extracting the rom and kernel, deblobbing, decompiling each and every apk to make it deodex ready, recompiling and rebuilding all the tweaks by hand and then testing and adding updated apks, etc. It has been all UPHILL From There !!!

Sbdags has taken this somewhat small project and turned it into a monster of a ROM ( in a good way ) The original idea was to base this ROM off the Asus stock one and keep it as close to stock as possible whilst also adding many new features and fixing a ton of code that Asus had screwed up AND keep it small in size. Sbdags has done this and more. Plus he updates like a madman. If there is any little issue with a release, you can bet he will have a fix for it within 24 hours. I do not think Sbdags is 100% human ... I also believe he never sleeps. :D ... Now that we have this awesome ROM ( in both a DEODEXED & ODEXED version ) and most of us are seeing Quadrant scores well over 7000, what could possibly be next ?? ...... Just wait and see what he has planned :D

• CleanROM Inheritance is targeted towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is tuned for performance and built for stability! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is true to stock in looks! (subject to change) •
    • CleanROM Inheritance can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) edition during install. •

For a FULL LIST OF FEATURES, AND THE FULL ROM DOWNLOAD SEE THE DEVELOPER'S RELEASE THREAD HERE

2pqwgi9.jpg

CleanRomInheritanceScreenie.jpg

Performance Mode with fsync disabled and force GPU:

CleanROMInheritancePerformance2.jpg

WELCOME TO SBDAGS OFFICIAL CLEANROM INHERITANCE GUIDE / HELP / Q&A THREAD

This is the place where we ease the burden on sbdags and utilize open source for its intended purpose ... to help one another for FREE !!
    Please ask your questions regarding ROM issues here. If we can not figure it out, they will be forwarded to the master.
    While this is an open thread there are a few rules:

1. If you're NEW - Stop what you are doing and go thank Sbdags ..... He has done more for our device then anyone could ever of imagined !!

2. READ!!!!! and when you think you've read enough .... READ it again.

3. No complaining about tweaks the DEV built into the ROM. More than likely it is just eye candy which is easily removed. Personally, most enjoy the eye candy and is what separates DEVs from each other.
      Remember, they do this for us for free and could easily dev their rom as they like it and share it with no one. If you do not like something, o.k. i'll say it i.e. flames, just read up on how to change it.

4. Do not mention how much you love some other rom and are going back .... just go back. At this point we already know you must work for ASUS ;).

5. For specific issue's regarding this thread or you have found an error in some step or if you found something we should add or replace in the OP or if you just find something that has helped and want to
      say thank you, please submit via xda PM to myself THiBOR69 or THATSOK so we can keep the thread clean and reader friendly.

6. If you like certain themes, apps, apps that created an issue, etc. you can post here with screen shots. Let's open it up a bit but please stay on task.

7. No question is a stupid question. Please feel free to ask anything relating to the ROM. A silly question to one person, might be a very important question for a newer user. For those here that are more familiar with ROMs and development, please show patience with new users"

2pqwgi9.jpg
    2pqwgi9.jpg

Here we go..................
    XDA member 'Thats OK' gets full credit for this awesome guide !!

For those wanting to move their Infinity to a whole new world here's how to.
    Create a folder on your Windows PC and place in an easy to find location.
    Place all downloads from this guide into that folder organized by your preference.
    Flashing a custom ROM for some of us can be a bit intimidating so here are a couple ways to get there:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to flash your Infinity from the stock ROM to a custom version it is necessary to unlock the tablet.
    There is currently no way around this.
    Get the ASUS Unlock tool
    The Asus website can be little slow.
    Select Android OS then utilities and the V7 unlock tool is first on the drop down.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Verify debug is selected enter settings\select\Developer options\tick\USB debugging\then close settings.

Debug.jpg

Connect your tablet to a windows desktop PC using the tablets charging cable to an available USB port on your Windows PC.
    Once unlock is accomplished recovery utility can be used to install the custom recovery on the Infinity.

Scotts%20tool.JPG

(I did this recently to flash TWRP 2.3.3.0 to my tab) Details are here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If not rooted in Jellybean ADB\Fastboot (click here to get it) must be used to push a recovery installation.

Fastboot.JPG

(To open a command window shift+right mouse click inside the fastboot folder)

Tablet%20Fboot%281%29.JPG

(Fastboot on tablet to get here shut down-press hold volume down plus power button-then volume down twice-then volume +)
    **Remember to connect thru USB

ADB\Fastboot Guide

Download either CWM download image file here or TWRP (click here to get the blob file)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To flash TWRP:
    Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to twrp.blob
    Launch terminal emulator (from within Android) or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:
    Su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    Then reboot to complete installation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When the Custom Recovery install of your choice has finished the ROM flash will be quite easy.
    Shut your Infinity down (off condition.)
    Next press the volume down rocker button and hold while pressing the power button (both at the same time.)
    Release power button while continuing to hold volume down.
    Your tablet should boot into the custom recovery screen.

The CWM and TWRP screens are pretty self explanatory.

From here it's a matter of downloading CROMi or your choice of another fine ROM.
    Saving the downloaded file to the root of your tablet (just for simplicity.)
    Booting back to the recovery screen:
    Use back-up within recovery
    Tapping the install option...making choices from the installer
    Reboot to system
    ...and Voila Profit!
    *Remember you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx
    Useful utilities:
    Android SDK-Windows
    SDK-MacOS
    SuperSU by Chainfire
    MD5 Checker
    RootChecker
    Goomanager

The following video was created by XDA member SAUGSTAUBER.
    It is a slightly different way to get the same results as written above.
    This will work for CROMI 3.x also, just don't forget
    you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx

Video credit goes to: SAUGSTAUBER

Hopefully this guide will provide enough info to get the new user started.
    If any of it is too confusing, incorrect or if there are any helpful shortcuts or tips, please PM the OP with the appropriate changes.
    We will be happy to add or change. This is a work in progress for the benefit of everyone.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO THE AUTHORS OF THIS THREAD : "THiBOR69" / "THATS OK" / SBDAGS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A couple useful Android links worth reading once:
    Anti Virus on Android ? : Click Me :
    Deodexing Explained + How To : Click Me :
    Optimizing Battery Life & Speed : Click Me :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Warnings:
    * We are NOT responsible for any damage caused to your device by using these tutorials or any information that is presented to you for your consideration to apply to your device. Use them at your OWN risk.
    DEODEX & ODEX more info on what it is.

Would also like to know the difference between ODEX and DEODEX. If someone has to time to explain or post a link that explains the differences between Odexed and Deodexed roms it would be appreciated..

Cheers Q

Hey Marci4na and Quozl,
    Sorry for the late reply, but I thought I would post this info in case you or anyone else that needed more info... ( plus I am bored atm lol )

2pqwgi9.jpg

part01_zps1280e214.jpg

part02_zpsb0203ba9.jpg

part03_zps3939b402.jpg

2pqwgi9.jpg

I hope this clears things up a bit for people. I will probably add it to OP soon.
    If any of you "experts" (which I am not) see any wrong info, please PM me.

Cheers All !!
    Thibor69

Thanks to WugFresh for the help, and and Crypto for some corrections
    Buffer page ........

for more info as needed....
    Whoa!
    It's arrived!
    :good:

Yes phew..... so much time on such a small project. Now lets hope people will trickle in and some of the bigger names here help out :good:

Thanks to you guys ....

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the following people for their much appreciated following of this thread
    and helping people, here in our CROMI help thread. I have been very busy with "real life" ... I am working 6 days
    a week, between 10 - 12 hours a day. Then I volunter at our church for 5 hours every Sunday. I hope to return to
    a normal schedule soon and be able to help out more in this thread.

For now tho I want to give out a huge THANK YOU to these guys:

• Sbdags (of course)
    • _That
    • Buhohitr
    • Thats OK

Keep up the good work you guys (if you have the time).

If I missed someone, I am truly sorry, but your help is also much appreciated.

Cheers :highfive:
    THiBOR69