[Q] [THL W8 BEYOND ] HOW TO ROOT and GPS FIX

Search This thread

darkbrendon

Jul 4, 2013
San Nicola La Strada, Italy
Hi to all!

I recently bought this phone, I have to admit to being fully satisfied of the features except for one ... the GPS function.
I have read dozens of guides to adjust the GPS W8+ but not for my model. If I knew how to do the root I could at least try to use the same method.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to do it on this phone?:(:(:(

JoaoAmado11

Jul 5, 2013
THL W8 Beyond

Hello, i have also bought a thl w8 beyond and i have the same questions, if anyone could help id be very apreciated!! Thanks

thienhoa

Nov 28, 2012
THL W8 Beyond:Recovery,Root máy

hi,
Motochoper root hack fail on W8 beyond.
I'am Thienhoa3 in Tinhte.vn
Topic install recovery and root THL W8 Beyond MT6589t
Seach google THL W8 Beyond root,recovery tinhte.vn
link: tinhte.vn/threads/thl-w8-beyond-recovery-root-may.2132474/#post-38561380

birdyisme

Aug 14, 2010
Thanks thienhoa

Hi thienhoa,

Thanks for this tutorial.
With the help of C3C076 (thanks for the recovery image) , I proceed in the same way.
This archive contains all the necessary and also a howto.

link: ovh.to/GrW17MP

I'am Thienhoa3 in Tinhte.vn
Topic install recovery and root THL W8 Beyond MT6589t
Seach google THL W8 Beyond root,recovery tinhte.vn
link: tinhte.vn/threads/thl-w8-beyond-recovery-root-may.2132474/#post-38561380

Low_Man

Nov 10, 2010
So I got mine W8 beyond two days ago.
So far so good, but:
1. GPS problem. I am geocacher (more at: geocaching.com) and I need accurate GPS. When I stood still in the open for few minutes, I could see GPS jumping around for 400-900 meters for no reason. AGPS and EPO activated. We will see how it goes

2. I would love to get polish language settings, since there are some apps which fetch the content depending on Your language setting (I know that this is poor design, but this is how they works), so that would be nice. Not an issue anymore. I installed MoreLocale2 and pm'ed it which is more than enough at the moment.

3. I do not see option for sorting the apps in the main apps menu (it was working on my old Lenovo A750) - am I missing something?First 9 icons are fixed and alphabelical, the rest is just alphabetical. I can live with that.

4. I have my contacts stored with country prefix which is not used by my operator. I do not see my contacts data when they are calling me.
The SMSes are provided by operator with country prefix, so the problem is with calls only. I tried to follow this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268120 but I am unable to decompile framework.jar - no classes.dex inside. I am not able to deodex framework.odex either, so I am stuck for the moment.
GravityMod2 3.0 ROM fixed that problem.

The link provided with the tools and howto contains W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618-cwm6033.img,
when I go to phone info at my phone I can see W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM8P128_MT6589TV1.0.2_20130626.
Seems like I have newer firmware. If anyone can tell me how to extract this, I would be more than happy to share.

GravityMod2 3.0 installed - not an issue anymore

For my good old Lenovo I was able to modify the ROM as soon as I got my hands on any ROM in zip format. I guess I could also try to compile something (I am a programmer), but since I am extremely low on time I would need MT6589T kernel patch (is it the same like mt6589) and some basic manual.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperSkill

Low_Man

Nov 10, 2010
Topic fix GPS on Mediatek
diendan.mobiistar.vn/index.php?posts/104048[/url]

Thanks, but I got A-GPS and EPO already enabled and EPO downloaded.
I till try to go to the engineering menu and locking via YGPS.

As I understood from google translator, I should just wait for lock and then close everything. Since then everything should be running smoothly. Am I right?

What about my other questions? Lack of polish is driving my crazy. My news feeds are all US which is driving me crazy ...

ilmeccanico

Feb 7, 2011
w8 beyond dead

Guys ..... HELP!!!!

with my habit of fiddling I think I brick the cell.
I tried the guide for root and recovery for the beyond, but now I can not turn on anymore, not even in recovery mode, the LED does not light up even if I put it on charge.

Can anyone give me some advice on where I can start to revive the terminal?

Thanks in advance. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Low_Man

Nov 10, 2010
Guys ..... HELP!!!!

with my habit of fiddling I think I brick the cell.
I tried the guide for root and recovery for the beyond, but now I can not turn on anymore, not even in recovery mode, the LED does not light up even if I put it on charge.

Can anyone give me some advice on where I can start to revive the terminal?

Thanks in advance. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I am not sure if it helps (I am quite sure it does not acctually), but which version was running on your phone prior to root attempt? Which part has failed? writting the CWM image or rooting?

Try to connect the phone to the PC via usb and then turning it on. If PC reacts (ADB device as far as I rememeber will be recognized) then there might be chance for You.

ilmeccanico

Feb 7, 2011
I am not sure if it helps (I am quite sure it does not acctually), but which version was running on your phone prior to root attempt? Which part has failed? writting the CWM image or rooting?

Try to connect the phone to the PC via usb and then turning it on. If PC reacts (ADB device as far as I rememeber will be recognized) then there might be chance for You.

When work was mounted W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618

I followed this guide
h**p://***.tinhte.vn/threads/thl-w8-beyond-recovery-root-may.2132474/ # post-38561380

in the end I also showed the window of ok with the green circle but by that time you are no longer on again.

if I connect it to the PC you will hear the sound that is connected but nothing happens

Low_Man

Nov 10, 2010
When work was mounted W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618

I followed this guide
h**p://***.tinhte.vn/threads/thl-w8-beyond-recovery-root-may.2132474/ # post-38561380

in the end I also showed the window of ok with the green circle but by that time you are no longer on again.

if I connect it to the PC you will hear the sound that is connected but nothing happens

Have You tried reflashing it again with this: ovh.to/GrW17MP?

yonnieu

Aug 3, 2013
Getting "Incorrect scatter file format" error

Hi thienhoa,

Thanks for this tutorial.
With the help of C3C076 (thanks for the recovery image) , I proceed in the same way.
This archive contains all the necessary and also a howto.

link: ovh.to/GrW17MP

Hi,

Thanks for this great tutorial and for arranging all the needed files in one location!

I have a small problem
1. When I open the flash tool I get the following error: "fail to load a raw data file: "c:\users\stephane\Desktop\thl8beyond\W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618-cwm6033.img

2. When I continue the falsh tool opens but when I try to upload the scatter file I get the following error: "Incorrect scatter file format!"

3. My current build number is: W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.2_20130626. Can I still use the image you provided ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

lepsulet

Aug 5, 2013
Hi guys,

I am having trouble to install the drivers for the THL W8 Beyond that I have. My model is:

W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618

When connecting it to the computer it will install HTC drivers under Android Phone entry in device manager and also W8 Beyond under Portable Device.

I cannot root the phone using the msdos script or SP Flash tool. Also Snapea does not see the device. On the same computer I used a ZOPO C2 Platinum and Snapea found that instantly and I could rooted and also pushed a custom ROM.

Now... wish I could also root this THL to be able to back-up my stock ROM. No need for me to work with a custom, just need to be able to back-up the original ROM just to be safe.

Can you please help me in regards to the communication problem between computer with Win 7 64bit and the THL W8 Beyond phone?

Thank you.

zombie_wireless

Jan 17, 2007
Hi guys,

I am having trouble to install the drivers for the THL W8 Beyond that I have. My model is:

W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618

When connecting it to the computer it will install HTC drivers under Android Phone entry in device manager and also W8 Beyond under Portable Device.

I cannot root the phone using the msdos script or SP Flash tool. Also Snapea does not see the device. On the same computer I used a ZOPO C2 Platinum and Snapea found that instantly and I could rooted and also pushed a custom ROM.

Now... wish I could also root this THL to be able to back-up my stock ROM. No need for me to work with a custom, just need to be able to back-up the original ROM just to be safe.

Can you please help me in regards to the communication problem between computer with Win 7 64bit and the THL W8 Beyond phone?

Thank you.

The easiest and only way i could root my W8 beyond is with this program:

droidchina.com/forum/Thread-ROOT-GUI-Root-Wizard-for-MTK65xx-phones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I got mine W8 beyond two days ago.
    So far so good, but:
    1. GPS problem. I am geocacher (more at: geocaching.com) and I need accurate GPS. When I stood still in the open for few minutes, I could see GPS jumping around for 400-900 meters for no reason. AGPS and EPO activated. We will see how it goes

2. I would love to get polish language settings, since there are some apps which fetch the content depending on Your language setting (I know that this is poor design, but this is how they works), so that would be nice. Not an issue anymore. I installed MoreLocale2 and pm'ed it which is more than enough at the moment.

3. I do not see option for sorting the apps in the main apps menu (it was working on my old Lenovo A750) - am I missing something?First 9 icons are fixed and alphabelical, the rest is just alphabetical. I can live with that.

4. I have my contacts stored with country prefix which is not used by my operator. I do not see my contacts data when they are calling me.
    The SMSes are provided by operator with country prefix, so the problem is with calls only. I tried to follow this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268120 but I am unable to decompile framework.jar - no classes.dex inside. I am not able to deodex framework.odex either, so I am stuck for the moment.
    GravityMod2 3.0 ROM fixed that problem.

The link provided with the tools and howto contains W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM.8P128_MT6589TV1.0.1_20130618-cwm6033.img,
    when I go to phone info at my phone I can see W8_beyond.JB2.FHD.EN.COM8P128_MT6589TV1.0.2_20130626.
    Seems like I have newer firmware. If anyone can tell me how to extract this, I would be more than happy to share.

GravityMod2 3.0 installed - not an issue anymore

For my good old Lenovo I was able to modify the ROM as soon as I got my hands on any ROM in zip format. I guess I could also try to compile something (I am a programmer), but since I am extremely low on time I would need MT6589T kernel patch (is it the same like mt6589) and some basic manual.

Anyone interested?
    I got my THL 8 Beyond rooted, and installed with Xposed and Gravitybox.

I gave the steps I followed and which Recovery Rom I used here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44642903&postcount=784

Hope it helps.