S5 Screen

Search This thread

Danny_75

May 4, 2012
Hi,

Not had alot of luck with this this thing!.

Fixed an update problem last week to only drop it at work last night!!!

So just a Q before i go and buy a screen,

Will any SM-G900 model screen fit my H ? I will have to fly to Bangkok to collect this so need to make sure any will fit.

Cheers

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Will any SM-G900 model screen fit my H ?

Screen is an unfortunate description. Most people use this to describe the exterior Gorilla glass. But it is sometimes used to refer to the AMOLED LCD or digitizer as well or even all three together as a module. If you are using screen in the common parlance, yes. If you really meant the LCD, then no.

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Screen is an unfortunate description. Most people use this to describe the exterior Gorilla glass. But it is sometimes used to refer to the AMOLED LCD or digitizer as well or even all three together as a module. If you are using screen in the common parlance, yes. If you really meant the LCD, then no.

Why wouldn't it fit? Display assembly should have the same measures even if they are sourced from different providers.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Why wouldn't it fit?

The differences are not necessarily physical. They may be electrical differences. Why do that? Ask Samsung, but it could be cost control - leaving out parts not used by a specific carrier or country. Or it might be an effort to prevent using a lower priced grey market part in countries where they price a variant part higher.

Whatever the reason Samsung did the same thing for the S3 /S4. For example there are at least three physical S3 layouts. Sprint, the remainder of the NA modules and the international version. The Sprint version is electrically, but not physically interchangeable with the other NA modules. And neither is electrically compatible with the international variants. I have direct experience with this on the S3. I'm told by Samsung parts that the same situation exists for the S5 and have little reason to doubt that this is the case as it is what they have done in the past.

Reactions: drakester09

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why wouldn't it fit?

The differences are not necessarily physical. They may be electrical differences. Why do that? Ask Samsung, but it could be cost control - leaving out parts not used by a specific carrier or country. Or it might be an effort to prevent using a lower priced grey market part in countries where they price a variant part higher.

Whatever the reason Samsung did the same thing for the S3 /S4. For example there are at least three physical S3 layouts. Sprint, the remainder of the NA modules and the international version. The Sprint version is electrically, but not physically interchangeable with the other NA modules. And neither is electrically compatible with the international variants. I have direct experience with this on the S3. I'm told by Samsung parts that the same situation exists for the S5 and have little reason to doubt that this is the case as it is what they have done in the past.