[OVERCLOCK] [3-7-2012] dagkernel 0.2 CPU/GPU Overclock up to 1.94GHz

Search This thread

BrentR01

Mar 19, 2011
Overclock

It would be nice to see Roman's Super Happy Fun Time OC working together with Da_G. WE neen FauxClock, you guys could go far! ...well farthER that is!

BrandonPrice31

Jan 12, 2012
Can someone tell me in noob terms how to do this:

"You will need modified libraries to take full advantage of this kernel as they override speeds at times, you can find these here.

You'll have to push them over adb for now after flashing the kernel, when CWM is up I will make a CWM zip for it"

Synner12

Mar 28, 2011
Can someone tell me in noob terms how to do this:

"You will need modified libraries to take full advantage of this kernel as they override speeds at times, you can find these here.

You'll have to push them over adb for now after flashing the kernel, when CWM is up I will make a CWM zip for it"
The specific instructions are in the code block in the first post. They are adb commands that will put those libraries on your phone. If you are not familiar with adb, someone posted an excellent link to an adb for noobs guide that includes a download link. In one of the first few posts I think.

BrandonPrice31

Jan 12, 2012
The specific instructions are in the code block in the first post. They are adb commands that will put those libraries on your phone. If you are not familiar with adb, someone posted an excellent link to an adb for noobs guide that includes a download link. In one of the first few posts I think.

Do you mind helping me by posting the links instead of making me look everywhere. I have not a clue of what to do.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I'd appreciate it if I can get help here.

Please don't give me useless responses to increase your post count.

How do I do this whole ABD process?

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
Do you mind helping me by posting the links instead of making me look everywhere. I have not a clue of what to do.

Just trying to save a soft brick here... you might want to wait just a very short time until clockwork and recovery options are available before playing around if you are brand new to this. Wouldn't want to have you stuck with a blank screen and no new toy to play with :D

Reactions: macqueyl

BrandonPrice31

Jan 12, 2012
Just trying to save a soft brick here... you might want to wait just a very short time until clockwork and recovery options are available before playing around if you are brand new to this. Wouldn't want to have you stuck with a blank screen and no new toy to play with :D

I can do it! I just need a bit of help!

Synner12

Mar 28, 2011

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I'd appreciate it if I can get help here.

Please don't give me useless responses to increase your post count.

How do I do this whole ABD process?
Here is a link that contains instructions for installing adb. It includes a download link. Once it's installed you just run the commands in the first post from a command prompt. Although I think you have to run them from the directory you saved the libraries to. I've never tried pushing files without being in the directory they are located in.

That said, I highly advise you to follow the advice the previous poster offered. If you aren't familiar with adb, you should at least wait until recovery options are available. Shouldn't be long. If you want to risk bricking your phone, here you go...

http://dottech.org/tipsntricks/2153...ows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Adb process is well documented around the web and xda. I suggest you do what i just quoted here. Adb is not something you learn just for one quick mod and is very usefull tool that deserves all the time to learn it.. Start by downloading android sdk. I dont need greater post count btw

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Reactions: KanjiMan1977

BrandonPrice31

Jan 12, 2012
Adb process is well documented around the web and xda. I suggest you do what i just quoted here. Adb is not something you learn just for one quick mod and is very usefull tool that deserves all the time to learn it.. Start by downloading android sdk. I dont need greater post count btw

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

I have ABD downloaded I jus cant get cmd to work.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

His commands make ABSOLUTE no sense! Can SOMEONE help me understand what to do step by step!

I know how to use SDK!

Synner12

Mar 28, 2011
I have ABD downloaded I jus cant get cmd to work.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

His commands make ABSOLUTE no sense! Can SOMEONE help me understand what to do step by step!

I know how to use SDK!
His commands work perfectly. I just ran through it a few hours ago. I don't know what else to tell you dude. You're asking for "step by step" but it's already right there in front of you. It doesn't get any more basic than that.

maxjivi05

May 28, 2009
Lexington, KY
Has anyone found anything stable above 1.83 GHz with voltage tinkering use system tuner like Da_G stated it works perfect for under volting

sent from AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Dual Core 1.83 GHz

BrentR01

Mar 19, 2011
Android Development

[/COLOR]His commands make ABSOLUTE no sense! Can SOMEONE help me understand what to do step by step!

I know how to use SDK![/QUOTE]

Your best bet would be to ask in the general forums or the Q&A, this dev section is mostly for people that know how to do these things step my step already. I'm possitive if you posted a question over there, it would be answered very quickly! :D

bsw11

Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
alphabase.com
Do I need to install the modified libraries is I am using CPU Master Pro?

Edit - just noticed my speed max goes to 1944! - Do I dare go that high? Set to 1782 - got 6940 BM!!

Will CMP work?

Is there a better option?

If there is do I still need the Mod Libs?

So far my benchmark is a touch less then with just the rooted Kern.

My LTE speeds have ranged from 3500kb to 7400kb down, to 2mb to up - is that good?

Last edited:

maxjivi05

May 28, 2009
Lexington, KY
Don't push it to 1.94 yet it freezes unless we can find away to make it stable that high. =/

maxjivi05

May 28, 2009
Lexington, KY
He said to take full advantage of this kernel yes, I'm sure it will still work but not as good. I would push them over since it's easy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, this doubles as a root kernel (might as well keep the scripts in there since I already made 'em!), custom boot animations (/system/media/sanim.zip), init.d support.

Max speed is 1.94GHz. Max speed I've benchmarked stable at is 1.83GHz. Reboots at higher.. YMMV with voltage adjustments etc.

Stock speed on this kernel is 1566MHz, I have removed a lot of scaling overrides that Samsung added, so this should be a bit smoother than the stock kernel without OCing more than the slight default.

GPU is also OC'ed from 3d speed 266 -> 300 and 2d speed 200 -> 266.

I will be releasing a GUI soon with more advanced tweaking options for the kernel (it is compatible with existing tools like system tuner, fauxclock, setcpu, etc.)

Version 0.2 CWM Zip: http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/cwm-sgh-i717-dagkernel-oc-v0.2.zip
    Version 0.2 CWM Zip (with KALLSYMS + KALLSYMS_ALL for debugging) http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/cwm-sgh-i717-dagkernel-oc-v0.2-kallsyms.zip
    Version 0.2 CWM Zip (No root script, su, busybox in ramdisk) http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/cwm-sgh-i717-dagkernel-oc-v0.2-nosubusybox.zip

New stuffs:
    * BLN Support (Use BLN Control from market)
    * XZ Compression
    * CFQ Scheduler
    * New CPUFreq governors: smartassv2, lagfree
    Code:
    CWM Zip 0.1 [url=http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/cwm-sgh-i717-dagkernel-oc.zip]Available here[/url]
    Odin Tar 0.1 [url=http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/pda-overclocked-dagkernel-v01.tar]here[/url]
    Modified libraries 0.1 [url=http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/modded-libs.tar.gz]here[/url].

Stock CWM zip (Stock Kernel and Libraries) Available here

CWM Flashing Instructions:
    CWM Install Instructions said:
    1.) Install CWM from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517134
    2.) Copy the cwm zip to your /sdcard/
    2.) Reboot into CWM either by issuing "adb reboot recovery" from command line, or loading ROM Manager app and choosing "Reboot into recovery", or by powering the device off and holding vol up+vol down and powering on.
    3.) From CWM, choose "install zip from internal sd card" then navigate to the cwm zip you copied in, select it
    4.) Select "reboot system"

Souce code available at: https://github.com/dagnarf/sgh-i717-dagkernel

Don't forget the donate link in my sig if you find this useful :)
    I never learn my lesson about providing an ETA, keep slipping! I've got BFQ, CFQ, smartassv2, etc. etc. in now, just dotting some i's and crossing some t's.. coming soon! Lowered some default voltages on the higher end of the scale (1.89+) also since some people have reported stability at lower voltages at those speeds.
    sgs kernel flasher will work if it read/writes to mmcblk0p8 (which is where the kernel lives on our device)

Here is version 0.2 CWM ZIP: http://m-s-j.net/dagnarf/cwm-sgh-i717-dagkernel-oc-v0.2.zip
    New stuffs:
    * BLN Support (Use BLN Control from market)
    * XZ Compression
    * CFQ Scheduler
    * New CPUFreq governors: smartassv2, lagfree
    Updated first post with CWM zip including libs so you no longer have to push via adb/odin. Will update shortly with a return-to-stock CWM zip.
    Long weekend.. working on a new build now ;)

HAVS is actually already built into the stock system. It scales according to demand from 3 separate units (the memory/bus subsystem, the GPU, and the CPU(s) )

The voltages you can set in system tuner/fauxclock/etc. only apply to the CPUs, once my app is out you'll be able to adjust GPU and L2 voltages/speeds as well.

The other governors etc. are coming shortly.. hopefully tonight ;)