solved [Q] Need help can't get into CWM or Stock recovery

Search This thread

tnygigles66

Aug 19, 2008
All working again! Thanks to all that helped!

Ok, five hours later and I'm about to bash this damn phone!

So, being new to the sgs4g i was trying to flash miui self kang (didn't work, not sure why) then when I restored back via cwm it wouldn't boot past the galaxy logo. So long story short I used heimdall (sp) to get to where I am now. Phoene boots, it's usable, kies states it's up to date. Problem is it won't go into any recovery.
vol down + power= download mode
Vol up and down + power= nothing
vol up + power=nothing

I flashed the subtly modded stock kernal. No recovery, same issue

I copied and pasted the cwm recovery file to the /system/bin file and still same problem.

Here is the about phone

Model Number= sgh-t959v

Firmware=2.3.6

Baseband= t959vuvkj6

kernel version=2.6.35.7-sms-kj6-v0.1.1-rc1+

build number= gingerbread.vuvkj6

Rooted using super one click.

Please help keep me from going back the my WP7 HD7!

Last edited:

tnygigles66

Aug 19, 2008
Awesome!! That worked and I can still flash, but I don't understand why I have hold any volume buttons to boot into recovery.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
You can use the buttons it's just a little tricky. Hold volume up & down. Hold power. Galaxy spalsh screen comes up. In a few seconds it gets brighter. As soon as it get brighter let go of power only. Keep holding volume up and down until you get recovery. Quickboot just makes it really easy.

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis

hechoen

May 7, 2011
No dice, still doesn't boot into recovery. Can't even get into stock recovery.

When you use quickboot what version of cwm are you in? Should be v5.0.2.7 with that kernel. I don't think you'd still have stock recovery available. If it it v5 than you should be able to use the botton combo I posted above. Make sure to let go of power. If it still is giving you issues I agree with steven. Reflash.

tnygigles66

Aug 19, 2008
Reflash went well! Can boot into recovery holding volume keys. Flashed Valhalla Final and all is well.
Had to use the HD7 yesterday, nothing compares to the sgs4g screen!

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
Awesome, glad you're working again. Please edit the OP & add [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Top Liked Posts