Droid DNA

Would you consider getting one?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Seeing stuff about the new Droid DNA that was announced today, just kinda curious of who all will be getting it? I won't be able to get it real soon after release unless money and/or the DNA falls out of the sky into my hands, but just curious of who all would jump on that? It looks sick, and I think ViperDNA would be insane.

Just looking for you guys' thoughts on it.

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Seeing stuff about the new Droid DNA that was announced today, just kinda curious of who all will be getting it? I won't be able to get it real soon after release unless money and/or the DNA falls out of the sky into my hands, but just curious of who all would jump on that? It looks sick, and I think ViperDNA would be insane.

Just looking for you guys' thoughts on it.

I think it looks amazing, and it is probably my next. But I'm not eligible to upgrade until February, and even then...I have to convince the missus. Cnet's live blog didn't mention a microSD expansion, which is disappointing, but the camera looked amazing. It's always ready to take a picture by pressing the hardware button. Nice!

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

ill buy it the second its confirmed unlock/rooted/s off/whatever

Oh yeah...there is that issue too. Which makes waiting a few months less painful.

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Currently on the Dinc4G... I can wait till my official upgrade date in April and I'll buy the best phone available then... Not this though, I think it is way too big for me.

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Currently on the Dinc4G... I can wait till my official upgrade date in April and I'll buy the best phone available then... Not this though, I think it is way too big for me.

Well, that was a quick move to a new forum...Anyway I just want to say that I called that Verizon's app store is being replaced by Amazon's "services." The product page says you can use a single sign-on to all of the Amazon apps. I like most of them, but I'd rather be able to install/uninstall on my own.

Drakien

Mar 28, 2011
I'm planning on buying it, I just have to figure out what I am going to have to do to keep my unlimited data. If you upgrade a limited data line now and use this phone on an unlimited data line they cut the unlimited data plan off. I am thinking of upgrading the limited data line and selling it on EBay then buying another DNA since they can only take it if the device has the same serial number. I haven't been able to find a friend to swap phones with to keep our data packs yet, they dont have upgrades >.<

Netou

Sep 24, 2010
I'm planning on buying it, I just have to figure out what I am going to have to do to keep my unlimited data. If you upgrade a limited data line now and use this phone on an unlimited data line they cut the unlimited data plan off. I am thinking of upgrading the limited data line and selling it on EBay then buying another DNA since they can only take it if the device has the same serial number. I haven't been able to find a friend to swap phones with to keep our data packs yet, they dont have upgrades >.<

No they wont.

In fact... verizon reps will tell you to do this method if you want to keep your unlimited data plan.

impala454

Oct 12, 2008
Webster, TX
Jumped ship from my Galaxy Note 2 pre-order to nab this one instead. Higher resolution, lots of equal or better specs, and $100 less? Yep. Battery might be an issue but not worried about it as I tend to keep my phone plugged in at my desk at work all day anyways. Bring it on!

jonah1234

May 29, 2012
No they wont.

In fact... verizon reps will tell you to do this method if you want to keep your unlimited data plan.

What is the method? I was gonna buy the DNA on release day without contract but I would way rather save the $400.

Sent from my CM9 HTC Thunderbolt from Tapatalk 2.4

Drakien

Mar 28, 2011
No they wont.

Verizon didn't tell me to do that method. I called them asking about billing the phone to my account and they told me you can't bill preorders to your account. They also told me that any line that I switch this phone to since it carries a new two year contract is subject to be audited and if they find in their audit that it has the same IMEI number as the one I purchased on my limited data line, they will change my plan for the unlimited data phone to a limited data plan. Verizon is trying to destroy us unlimited data users any way they possibly can.

Wot-75

Nov 14, 2012
Verizon didn't tell me to do that method. I called them asking about billing the phone to my account and they told me you can't bill preorders to your account. They also told me that any line that I switch this phone to since it carries a new two year contract is subject to be audited and if they find in their audit that it has the same IMEI number as the one I purchased on my limited data line, they will change my plan for the unlimited data phone to a limited data plan. Verizon is trying to destroy us unlimited data users any way they possibly can.

Solution = Upgrade your current phone unsubsidized at full retail, sell your old phone on ebay to offset some of the cost, and retain your unlimited data until it's new contract time down the road.

Reactions: computingwarren

Drakien

Mar 28, 2011

^^^

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
No chance. Fixed storage, questionable battery life.

None of the reviews have questioned battery life, only people here that think that less than 3000mah is some sort of travesty these days.

Jumped ship from my Galaxy Note 2 pre-order to nab this one instead. Higher resolution, lots of equal or better specs, and $100 less? Yep. Battery might be an issue but not worried about it as I tend to keep my phone plugged in at my desk at work all day anyways. Bring it on!

not ready to decide between this and the note 2. Note 2 has sd card slot and bigger battery, but samsung plastic sucks and their radios don't seem to get along with cdma. Been a htc fan for a long time, so I want to play with both first.

iamarouet

Sep 2, 2012
looks beautiful, and reminds me of a skinny evo mixed with the original incredible!
i didnt know about this release, havent been very up to date >_< but im considering it now :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ill buy it the second its confirmed unlock/rooted/s off/whatever

Solution = Upgrade your current phone unsubsidized at full retail, sell your old phone on ebay to offset some of the cost, and retain your unlimited data until it's new contract time down the road.