[Q] remove cleanrom

Search This thread

rakeshm01

Apr 4, 2014
Guys

I wonder if i could ask how to go about removing clean rom and going back to a stock rom with Root.
I have thus far done the following.
rooted device
installed twrp
installed clean rom

I want to remove clean rom for a number of reasons.
1. I regularly get "email not responding" messages that come up every couple of hours or so.
2. The above also happens for S Planner
3. The battery usage has gone crazy - i get massive drain from around 40% which will drain to 15% in an hour or so of video watching (never happened before)
4. I get a stutter every 30 mins of video watching on MX player (streaming) - never happened before.

So to that end, id like to go back to a stock rom and keep root and freeze the bloat ware.

Any idea on what i need to wipe in TWRP before going back to ODIN to flash the ROM. Is it the following
WIPE
  • dalvik Cache,
  • Cache
  • System
  • Data
Or do not do any of this, and just flash the stock Rom in Odin?

Any clues?

nrage23

Guys

I wonder if i could ask how to go about removing clean rom and going back to a stock rom with Root.
I have thus far done the following.
rooted device
installed twrp
installed clean rom

I want to remove clean rom for a number of reasons.
1. I regularly get "email not responding" messages that come up every couple of hours or so.
2. The above also happens for S Planner
3. The battery usage has gone crazy - i get massive drain from around 40% which will drain to 15% in an hour or so of video watching (never happened before)
4. I get a stutter every 30 mins of video watching on MX player (streaming) - never happened before.

So to that end, id like to go back to a stock rom and keep root and freeze the bloat ware.

Any idea on what i need to wipe in TWRP before going back to ODIN to flash the ROM. Is it the following
WIPE
  • dalvik Cache,
  • Cache
  • System
  • Data
Or do not do any of this, and just flash the stock Rom in Odin?

Any clues?

When you Odin it does not wipe your data so to go truly back to day one you should wipe data. You do not have to do anything before you Odin back to stock technically. It sounds like something you have installed is the cause of your problems though. I have been using CleanRom since it was released and have had no such issues. If I were you I would flash his stock rooted rom if you do not want CleanRom.

rakeshm01

Apr 4, 2014
When you Odin it does not wipe your data so to go truly back to day one you should wipe data. You do not have to do anything before you Odin back to stock technically. It sounds like something you have installed is the cause of your problems though. I have been using CleanRom since it was released and have had no such issues. If I were you I would flash his stock rooted rom if you do not want CleanRom.

Thanks for the response mate.

So if i wipe data, what do i check in TWRP, before i flash the stock rom?

Just "data"
or do i do all of the following
dalvik chache
cache
system
data

Its a bit of a mine field to know what to delete and what not to.. i have no idea what the above even means!

nrage23

Thanks for the response mate.

So if i wipe data, what do i check in TWRP, before i flash the stock rom?

Just "data"
or do i do all of the following
dalvik chache
cache
system
data

Its a bit of a mine field to know what to delete and what not to.. i have no idea what the above even means!

Wipe data and then odin the factory image and you should be golden. Then set it up and reroot via chainfire's method. Here is a link to getting back to stock with a Tab Pro 8.4 which is the same process for the Note 2014. Just make sure you use a .tar image for the Note 2014 and you will be good to go.

http://nasirtech.blogspot.com/2014/02/t320ueu1anai-android-442-for-galaxy-tab.html

rakeshm01

Apr 4, 2014
Wipe data and then odin the factory image and you should be golden. Then set it up and reroot via chainfire's method. Here is a link to getting back to stock with a Tab Pro 8.4 which is the same process for the Note 2014. Just make sure you use a .tar image for the Note 2014 and you will be good to go.

Sorry - last question!

SO when you say wipe data - you mean just tick the data box on twrp but leave everything else (ie dalvik cache, cache, system)?

nrage23

Sorry - last question!

SO when you say wipe data - you mean just tick the data box on twrp but leave everything else (ie dalvik cache, cache, system)?

You can just do the TWRP factory reset if you want. The odin flash will wipe everything but data though.