[Q] Signal issues.

Search This thread

Osseon

Jun 28, 2014
I've had my G3 since last week and I'm starting to get very frustrated with it. I have absolutely no issue with the phone itself. Its snappy, screen is beautiful. UI is fine, and honestly I don't even feel the need to root (yet)

My problem is the LTE on the phone. I have my phone USB tethered to my PC in a window to give me high speed. We only get dial up where we live and LTE is the only source of highspeed available. Frustratingly during the day between around 11am and 8pm Its like pulling teeth to get the phone to stick to LTE, every 1-5 minutes it switches down to 3G and stays there until I put it into airplane mode and back. Then LTE pops on again and its fine for another 1-5 minutes. During the night it will stay for hours. I've even taken off the back case to somehow eek out a little more signal strength.

Now I know that this could be a provider coverage issue, but my mother's Galaxy S4 stays on LTE even during the daytime and has one more bar of signal.
So before I throw the phone across the room in frustration, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the LTE/CMDA settings beyond the crappy preference options (that doesn't work) in the mobile data settings. I can access the hidden menus but I don't know what any of it means. Is there a way to force LTE on permanently, or disable 3G data. Are there any nice network diagnostic tools to track signal strength as I move the phone to different areas, or compare it with other phones?

I love this phone but if I can't find a fix I may have to replace it with another device.

TL;DR: Need help getting LTE to stay on, settings or tool recommendations welcome.

oneLEGITlife

Sep 26, 2014
I have this same issue!!!

Hey I know this isn't an answer to your problem but, I wanted to say you aren't alone by any means and I have also tried the same things you have. This is very irritating and I called my phone provider (T-Mobile) and all they could tell me is to get a "LTE phone booster" so that is what I have done but now I have to wait like a week and a half for it to get here.... By chance have you found a solution to our problem ?

I've had my G3 sin)ce last week and I'm starting to get very frustrated with it. I have absolutely no issue with the phone itself. Its snappy, screen is beautiful. UI is fine, and honestly I don't even feel the need to root (yet)

My problem is the LTE on the phone. I have my phone USB tethered to my PC in a window to give me high speed. We only get dial up where we live and LTE is the only source of highspeed available. Frustratingly during the day between around 11am and 8pm Its like pulling teeth to get the phone to stick to LTE, every 1-5 minutes it switches down to 3G and stays there until I put it into airplane mode and back. Then LTE pops on again and its fine for another 1-5 minutes. During the night it will stay for hours. I've even taken off the back case to somehow eek out a little more signal strength.

Now I know that this could be a provider coverage issue, but my mother's Galaxy S4 stays on LTE even during the daytime and has one more bar of signal.
So before I throw the phone across the room in frustration, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the LTE/CMDA settings beyond the crappy preference options (that doesn't work) in the mobile data settings. I can access the hidden menus but I don't know what any of it means. Is there a way to force LTE on permanently, or disable 3G data. Are there any nice network diagnostic tools to track signal strength as I move the phone to different areas, or compare it with other phones?

I love this phone but if I can't find a fix I may have to replace it with another device.

TL;DR: Need help getting LTE to stay on, settings or tool recommendations welcome.

ch0c0lateb0yctg

Dec 10, 2011
Dhaka
i dont know if my problem is same as u but i will try to relate

like u said i m pretty much more than happy with my phone...but there is something still bugging me...

1. For some reason my phone wont read micro sim card...but it will read nano sim with a xtra plastic sim tray attached to it....i also saw many ppl claiming the same problem.... didnt find any solution yet..

2. it is normal for every phone that if u are out of network...u wont get any bar...my phone also does the same...but the problem is....network bar should be back once u r in network coverage again...but my Lg g3 dont do that...i keeps searching for network....wont find any bar until i turn on Airplane mode den turn it off again...i m concerned..please someone help me :( :confused: :crying: