[Q] Hangouts APN Issues

Search This thread

ddzado

Nov 21, 2012
All-

I've been trying to get my verizon APN settings to save in google hangouts to no avail.

The default set are all spring/metropcs. I believe this is due to the app #mirrorenabler which allows you to use chromecasts screen casting feature from a phone. I have tried disabling that app and its effects, but that didn't correct the issue.

I tried editing an existing APN settings, and when I save it, it disappears.

Anyone have the slightest in what's going on here?

Thanks!

jaredtims

Dec 24, 2010
All-

I've been trying to get my verizon APN settings to save in google hangouts to no avail.

The default set are all spring/metropcs. I believe this is due to the app #mirrorenabler which allows you to use chromecasts screen casting feature from a phone. I have tried disabling that app and its effects, but that didn't correct the issue.

I tried editing an existing APN settings, and when I save it, it disappears.

Anyone have the slightest in what's going on here?

Thanks!

I have this same issue on my Vzw Note 2. All the APNs in Hangouts are for Sprint/PCS and if i try to add or edit them, they delete as soon as i hit save. Restore to default does not help either. The system level APNs are all vzw. I've found where someone said you have to decompile hangouts, edit the apn file, then recompile. Surely this isn't the only way to fix this?

randalstroup

Jul 19, 2014
ditto

I have this same issue on my Vzw Note 2. All the APNs in Hangouts are for Sprint/PCS and if i try to add or edit them, they delete as soon as i hit save. Restore to default does not help either. The system level APNs are all vzw. I've found where someone said you have to decompile hangouts, edit the apn file, then recompile. Surely this isn't the only way to fix this?

same problem here on my S3, Android 4.4.2 (ND8)

EDIT: I figured out that if I edit an existing APN but don't change the MCC or MNC values, then it'll stick. I read that the MCC/MNC should be zeroed out for VZW but apparently it doesn't make a difference, as I'm able to send/receive MMS messages with 310/120 respectively. Hope this helps.

Last edited: