Battery calibration problem.

Search This thread
I was playing with my tablet last night with what I thought was 60% battery left when it suddenly turned off. I thought at first it will reboot but no it didn't, not even if I press the power button to start it up. It was only after connecting it to the charger that it finally powered up. It was a surprise that the battery showed it is at 0%. I charged it to full and then disconnected it.

Now the problem is that it is stuck at 100%, both in the status bar display and when checking in the settings and then battery. Any insight to this issue?

Stock, rooted but not unlocked.

UPDATE: After reading around with posts of the problem similar to mine, I tried a suggestion of turning the tablet completely off for at least an hour. Others did so overnight. I chose to power it off for an hour and now it is already discharging. Maybe this is a bug or a hardware fault, no one can tell for sure.

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was playing with my tablet last night with what I thought was 60% battery left when it suddenly turned off. I thought at first it will reboot but no it didn't, not even if I press the power button to start it up. It was only after connecting it to the charger that it finally powered up. It was a surprise that the battery showed it is at 0%. I charged it to full and then disconnected it.

Now the problem is that it is stuck at 100%, both in the status bar display and when checking in the settings and then battery. Any insight to this issue?

UPDATE: After reading around with posts of the problem similar to mine, I tried a suggestion of turning the tablet completely off for at least an hour. Others did so overnight. I chose to power it off for an hour and now it is already discharging. Maybe this is a bug or a hardware fault, no one can tell for sure.

It's a bug in the battery calibration software. We've seen it on the TF700 and TF300 and now it appears you haver the same thing on your TF701.

Usually a full discharge and full charge fixes it.

Reactions: pipopipz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's a bug in the battery calibration software. We've seen it on the TF700 and TF300 and now it appears you haver the same thing on your TF701.

Usually a full discharge and full charge fixes it.