[Q] Galaxy S Advance won't turn on after installing custom recovery (TWRP)

Search This thread

Abyel26

Jun 4, 2014
Hello, i just tried to install TWRP recovery on a Galaxy S Advance. Everything went great, odin didn't show me any error and when it finished the phone rebooted. After that it won't turn on ( stuck on the Galaxy logo) and i can't access the recovery. I tried to install another TWRP but i get the same error.

andreiav

Jun 4, 2014
Brasov
Hello, i just tried to install TWRP recovery on a Galaxy S Advance. Everything went great, odin didn't show me any error and when it finished the phone rebooted. After that it won't turn on ( stuck on the Galaxy logo) and i can't access the recovery. I tried to install another TWRP but i get the same error.

Where did you get TWRP for Galaxy S Advance. I can't find it in the supported device list: teamw.in/twrp_view_all_devices
If you can't get past the logo and can't access recovery, you should try flashing stock firmware for you device and carrier from sammobile.
(sammobile.com/firmwares/ Enter your device model and download the latest firmware for your carrier and region)
You can flash via Odin.

If you still can't boot after flashing original firmware, then try going into recovery again (press and hold volume up + home + power) and do a factory reset.
After that, if you still want to install custom recovery, I recommend rooting your phone (you can easily find tutorials on that) and after, use an app like Rom Manager or Rom installer to flash a recovery. Both of these are available on the play store.

Good luck.