[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Search This thread

rompnit

Aug 24, 2008
Granger, IN
I am definitely way too close to my project and not seeing probably what's directly in front of me. I am having the most trouble finding 3 images (or I think images). If anyone could lend a hand and tell me where they are, I would be most grateful!

EDIT: I forgot to mention the background of the Carrier logo/settings button and #3...

Look at pages 38-40 on the main thread. ;) Hope that helps!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1811750&page=38

Reactions: Jimieo

aquariex24

Jun 9, 2012
Device: Sprint GSIII
ROM: Stock TW LJ7 (deodexed by Freeza)
Experience: Other than flashing zips, I'm a noob

When you pull down the notification menu, it shows the time, date, and day of the week at the top. Currently, I have everything themed ICS blue. How would I go about changing the color of just that particular info to white, and leaving my toggles, quick settings icon, etc. as they are? And considering I have zero experience editing the systemui, I take it that such a feat may be rather complicated so I could upload whatever files for someone to do it and then donate some $, yes? :)

rompnit

Aug 24, 2008
Granger, IN
Device: Sprint GSIII
ROM: Stock TW LJ7 (deodexed by Freeza)
Experience: Other than flashing zips, I'm a noob

When you pull down the notification menu, it shows the time, date, and day of the week at the top. Currently, I have everything themed ICS blue. How would I go about changing the color of just that particular info to white, and leaving my toggles, quick settings icon, etc. as they are? And considering I have zero experience editing the systemui, I take it that such a feat may be rather complicated so I could upload whatever files for someone to do it and then donate some $, yes? :)

I am working on something already. Stay tuned. ;)

Reactions: aquariex24

aquariex24

Jun 9, 2012
I am working on something already. Stay tuned. ;)

Can't wait to see what it is though I assume it was something along the lines of what I was talking about haha. Here's a screenie of my drop-down menu with the 15 toggle mod. I love everything about it which means I'd rather keep it's elements (transparent screen, 15T mod, etc.) moreso than have the colors perfect but figured if both are possible then why not? The main part like I said was the time/date/day area but I also went ahead and drew circles and arrows around the other parts I'd like to make pure white before I consider it perfectly themed how I want it. Unless whatever you're working on would also change the other elements as well, I plan on asking the original dev if he can help me out with that part.

23jg3h3.jpg

EDIT: And just like that, I think I've decided that actually it'd look better to keep the top part all blue and only the elements that can be changed be themed white/blue. It gives it a sort of uniform feeling like "oh this is white so if I press it it'll change." Which makes me wonder now if instead of the grey close bar at the bottom turning white when you press it, maybe have it white while it's idle and then turn blue when you press it. Ahh decision decisions!

Last edited:

rompnit

Aug 24, 2008
Granger, IN
Can't wait to see what it is though I assume it was something along the lines of what I was talking about haha. Here's a screenie of my drop-down menu with the 15 toggle mod. I love everything about it which means I'd rather keep it's elements (transparent screen, 15T mod, etc.) moreso than have the colors perfect but figured if both are possible then why not? The main part like I said was the time/date/day area but I also went ahead and drew circles and arrows around the other parts I'd like to make pure white before I consider it perfectly themed how I want it. Unless whatever you're working on would also change the other elements as well, I plan on asking the original dev if he can help me out with that part.

23jg3h3.jpg

EDIT: And just like that, I think I've decided that actually it'd look better to keep the top part all blue and only the elements that can be changed be themed white/blue. It gives it a sort of uniform feeling like "oh this is white so if I press it it'll change." Which makes me wonder now if instead of the grey close bar at the bottom turning white when you press it, maybe have it white while it's idle and then turn blue when you press it. Ahh decision decisions!
Sent you a PM..

Jamin13

May 20, 2011
Recently, I tried pushing a modified SystemUI to my phone and got a some FCs of "14 dip". Can anyone tell me what u need to do to fix it? I'm running stock odex and did a dalvik and cache wipe prior to the rebooting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Razorwindmo46

Jan 14, 2011
Liberty
Ok, so I am new to the SGS3 theme deal. If this should be posted to the questions thread, I do appologize.
I am rooted and I done my backup. What do I have to do to install any custom themes? I've been reading and reading and all I can get is that you need a custom rom to change themes (haven't found a newer one yet I trust). Is it that hard to theme a stock rom without using an app from the market? I can't for the life of me find a detailed walkthrough. I understand the odex and deodex. It seems to me when I did my Evo 4G it seemed much easier.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Ok, so I am new to the SGS3 theme deal. If this should be posted to the questions thread, I do appologize.
I am rooted and I done my backup. What do I have to do to install any custom themes? I've been reading and reading and all I can get is that you need a custom rom to change themes (haven't found a newer one yet I trust). Is it that hard to theme a stock rom without using an app from the market? I can't for the life of me find a detailed walkthrough. I understand the odex and deodex. It seems to me when I did my Evo 4G it seemed much easier.

A familiar username, a familiar question...;)

The morphology thread is where to start...it just so happens that morphology supports three major and reliable TW (stock looking) roms (FreeGs3, The People's Rom, and Franken Rom)...from there, flash both mods in the OP. Morphology has the OMG themes built in there if that is what you want.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
How can I theme the stock apps icons? (Like Messaging, Phone, contacts, media player, etc.) On a deodexed ROM.
Not the actual app, just the Icon on the homescreen/app drawer.

Note: I mean actually changing the icon. Not using an app from the play store. Going in and making it the default icon

Last edited:

jookdakang23

Feb 28, 2009
Florence South Carolina
Google Pixel 4a
How can I theme the stock apps icons? (Like Messaging, Phone, contacts, media player, etc.) On a deodexed ROM.
Not the actual app, just the Icon on the homescreen/app drawer.

Note: I mean actually changing the icon. Not using an app from the play store. Going in and making it the default icon

extract the apk and its usually found in the mipmap xhdpi folders. if not there usually in the drawable xhdpi folder.

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
So, could anyone give me a kick start? Im looking to create stock themes for some different touchwiz roms. I have a general idea of what to do. But i do not have a flashable zip i could use. In other terms, how could i get a theme to flash on whomevers S3? (currently wanting to fully theme Naddicts peoples rom to full stock and not burden him with asking him to make a full stock theme. He already did some theming for me and those who wanted)..

Anyways, back on the evo 4g, years ago, i made a theme, used a zip provided by i think gruesome wolf. All i did was basically collect icons and what not and drag them into the zip and when i flashed the zip, the icons on the rom previously would be the ones i placed. Im looking to theme the rom im currently on to 100% or 99% stock (The Peoples ROM 3.0.8)

Evewon

Jan 21, 2012
When you connect to wifi, a message box pops up saying "connected to blah.blah Wireless", where can I find the text color for this? It is the last little bit of blue I can get rid of.

Evewon

Jan 21, 2012
A few changes I just cant find, please help!

I need some help guys..
After theming almost 99% of all the Samsung system apks, I am stuck.
I am trying to change all blue images/ text, well eveything that is blue to green for all apks, these are the 3 that are driving me crazy and I just cant seem to find.
1. Is in the ClockPackage.apk

Screenshot_2013-03-10-14-49-20.png

I cant find the xml that controls the blue color of the selected text above.

2. Next is when you crop a picture, I have looked all through SecGallery2.apk and SamsungCamera.apk
Screenshot_2013-03-10-14-49-44.png

I cant find the xml to change the bars of the crop square...

3. Is the SamsungCamera.apk, I have gone through every file located in res, and cant find how to make the text in the menus green.

Screenshot_2013-03-10-15-17-04.png

Looked through all files, to get rid of blue text, can't find what controls it. Please help!

I have looked and looked, I must be missing something...
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
i need help for lockscreen clock positioning. i would like to make it to look like on galaxy s4 but something is strange. what ever value i put (dip), clock doesnt move or anything. btw im talking about galaxy s2. so, is anybody expert for that so can help me with moving lockscreen clock and date? tnx

ReelFiles

Jan 29, 2012
Wrong Island
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This has been driving me crazy, I got all the dialer icons recolored to cyan, except for the back button in portrait mode. I went through each subfolder in secphone and seccontacts and can't figure out why it won't work. The file must not be in those folders, any ideas?

attachment.php
attachment.php

nevermind, I found it. It was call_clear_btn.png in \SecContacts.apk\res\drawable-sw359dp-xhdpi

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-07-05-55-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-07-05-55-08.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_2013-05-07-05-54-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-07-05-54-58.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Reactions: Naddict

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the carriers were split up and the most posts in the original thread came from the AT&T themers, I think we should make that the main thread.
    [All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions
    Please post in the thread linked above so we can keep all the info in one thread.

Thanks,
    Shane

Since themeing Samsung's TouchWiz UI is not quite as simple as AOSP, and sometimes even device specific, I thought it would be nice to have thread for the themers here to help each other, post tips and things like that so we can all learn and get some killer themes going on this thing.

Also, (if this gets becomes a sticky) we can keep the themeing question threads to a minimum.

For those of you that don't know me, I've been themeing Android for about a year and a half now. I started on the Epic 4G then moved over to the Nexus S 4G. I'm always willing to help others at time permits.

Happy Themeing!

Since the US carriers were combined into one forum, please note the carrier for you device when posting.

When people are helping you make sure you use the "Thanks" button to show your appreciation!

Here are some goodies that have been posted so far.

Remove Carrier ID from status bar on AT&T rom: Thanks to mrvirginia & deserted1 Here

Guide to remove Carrier ID / Clock from the status bar by deserted1

How to center the clock by Swiftks

Some more status bar mods thanks to freeza

There are many other tips, hints, how to's, and tools in the thread so please search to help keep the thread clean.
    I found this to work better for making it dissapear,
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:background="#ff000000" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:paddingRight="0.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />

notice how i changed its width and height, to 0.0dip.. this removes it.

if i remember correctly you have to find both lines one in statusbar and the other in status extended, the statusbar file is just the lockscreen statusbar from what i have found.

I did this and it works

well, if you read back, i added android:visibility="gone" to this line and that made it disappear. but as soon as you extended the status bar, it came back. as far as i can tell, CarrierLabel is only showing up in one xml file other than ids and public iirc. i'll check the expanded really quick...
    edit: yep, not sure how i missed tw_status_bar_expanded... i'll make edits to both and see how that goes.
    edit: 0.0dip put in both worked! it is gone. finally. jeez. i'll post a stock deodexed ATT apk for those that may want it here in a second.
    How do I edit the status bar from being black? I want to make it Grey.
    values/drawables.xml edit
    Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#[COLOR="Red"]ff000000[/COLOR]</item>
    change Clock and Date, lockscreen

Hey, sorry if this was touched on, but I did read the whole thread and then ran a search.

I'm wondering how I might change the text of the Lockscreen, specifically the clock and date. I want to remove the outline from clock, change the color of date, and remove the drop shadow of all of the text.

In addition, is there a way to use custom icons on the lock screen?

I love the ripple lock, but its lack of customization options stinks.
    well, i know that the clock are just images in framework-res in the drawable-xhdpi folder. Shane is prob right in regards to the date in layout.xml of that same file.

give me a second and i'll find the date colors. i found where they're called in but there wasn't any type of identifier for the text color :confused:
    edit: alright, it took a lot of hunting around to figure this out haha looks like Shane was correct after all.
    res\layout-sw360dp\keyguard_circlelock_clockwidget.xml
    change (line 21)
    <TextView android:textSize="20.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#fff6f7c9" android:gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/zzz_date_month" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="24.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="2.0dip" android:shadowColor="#aa000000" android:shadowDy="2.0" android:shadowRadius="1.0" />

also, the AM/PM color, i think that is line 18 of this same file as android:textColor="#fff8f8f8"
    edit: and the shadow can be found with this AM/PM line for it, respectively. for this one, you'll need to change shadowDx and shadowDy, as well as radius to 0.0. that'll get rid of shadows

edit: this post has been updated with the correct file location for making these changes. it does work now
    I've got one question. I'm trying to look for the files to edit the TouchWiz launchers page indicator icons/colors. Basically, those little circles right above the icons for the dock. In MIUI, I use to change them to X's or basically other images. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of this?
    They are in the SecLauncher2.apk => res\drawable-xhdpi => 'pageindicator' pngs. ;)