Problems Downgrading From 4.06.651.9

Search This thread

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
OK....I am on 4.06.651.9 --- S-off --- 1.56 H-boot ---CID SPCS_001 --- Unlocked. I've been trying to completely downgrade and tried using RUU 1_29_651_10, both zip and exe and I get the same notification ---"FAILED"--- Device is recognized and I've tried it with both "locked" and "unlocked" and with the Sprint CID and with Super Cid. I feel like I'm out of options. Anyone have a sure-fire fix for this? :confused:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
OK....I am on 4.06.651.9 --- S-off --- 1.56 H-boot ---CID SPCS_001 --- Unlocked. I've been trying to completely downgrade and tried using RUU 1_29_651_10, both zip and exe and I get the same notification ---"FAILED"--- Device is recognized and I've tried it with both "locked" and "unlocked" and with the Sprint CID and with Super Cid. I feel like I'm out of options. Anyone have a sure-fire fix for this? :confused:
Follow this guide to get back to JB then use the 1.29 RUU to accomplish what you are trying to do. :D
Something changed with hboot 1.56...for some reason it won't allow you to run an older RUU even though you are s-off

Reactions: devo3d

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
Well crap....it didn't work. I got the "error 155". Do I need to downgrade the h-boot to 1.55 or should it have worked for 1.56? Thats the only reason I can see why it didn't work. Also, I downloaded and ran the ".exe" file at the top of the page, should I have used the modified firmware ".zip" ?

EDIT: Oh man...I feel so dumb...I somehow missed the part about downloading the "decrypted" file....I just saw it saying "Developers" and didn't think that was the one....I'll try that one tomorrow..

Last edited:

devo3d

Oct 10, 2012
Huntsville
Well crap....it didn't work. I got the "error 155". Do I need to downgrade the h-boot to 1.55 or should it have worked for 1.56? Thats the only reason I can see why it didn't work. Also, I downloaded and ran the ".exe" file at the top of the page, should I have used the modified firmware ".zip" ?

EDIT: Oh man...I feel so dumb...I somehow missed the part about downloading the "decrypted" file....I just saw it saying "Developers" and didn't think that was the one....I'll try that one tomorrow..

I finally got it done right :) I wasn't able to flash the second RUU like the first (through Fastboot) so I had to run the ".exe" file and it completed.
Thanks for all your help :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow this guide to get back to JB then use the 1.29 RUU to accomplish what you are trying to do. :D
    Something changed with hboot 1.56...for some reason it won't allow you to run an older RUU even though you are s-off

THANK YOU!! I'll definitely try it... I'll post my results :fingers-crossed: