[Q] HELP!!! Bootloop

Search This thread

Kuvster2014

Apr 5, 2014
This is my first time using XDA. I can't post this in development threads, so I'm putting it here.
I am rooted, bootloaded locked, and have been using Existenz. When I updated to Existenz 4.0, (cleared cache and dalvic cache) I got a bootloop. It says SONY then that fades away. If I charge it, the bottom light glows red. If I connect to computer in flashmode (volume down) the bottom glows green. I have TWRP and CWM but don't know how to boot into them, as the thing my xperia sp normally does (bottom cycles through three colors, during which you hit a button to boot into recovery) isn't happening. I need urgent help. Thanks in advance

adil786ali63

Jun 12, 2014
This is my first time using XDA. I can't post this in development threads, so I'm putting it here.
I am rooted, bootloaded locked, and have been using Existenz. When I updated to Existenz 4.0, (cleared cache and dalvic cache) I got a bootloop. It says SONY then that fades away. If I charge it, the bottom light glows red. If I connect to computer in flashmode (volume down) the bottom glows green. I have TWRP and CWM but don't know how to boot into them, as the thing my xperia sp normally does (bottom cycles through three colors, during which you hit a button to boot into recovery) isn't happening. I need urgent help. Thanks in advance

try flashing another recovery from flashtool... and flash the whole v4.0.0 existenz ROM... not the OTA
try it brother.. all the best!!! :good:

Last edited:

Kuvster2014

Apr 5, 2014
Thanks, but..

try flashing another recovery from flashtool... and flash the whole v4.0.0 existenz ROM... not the OTA
try it brother.. all the best!!! :good:
Thanks, but what would I flash from flashtool (could you link me to a file??). I really have no idea how to get into a recovery. I can't even charge the phone without the bottom glowing green for a bit, then it getting stuck back into the bootloop.

adil786ali63

Jun 12, 2014
Thanks, but what would I flash from flashtool (could you link me to a file??). I really have no idea how to get into a recovery. I can't even charge the phone without the bottom glowing green for a bit, then it getting stuck back into the bootloop.

try this kernel recovery i have attached... its doomkernel with advanced recovery
follow these steps :
open flashtool
connect your device in fastboot mode (volume up while connecting through usb)
it will show that your device is connected in fastboot mode
click the flash button
select fastboot
than click on flash kernel to flash
specify the path for the file
click ok and your recovery will be installed..

(extract the file first)
all the best bro..!!! :good:

Oblox

Oct 8, 2012
Maidstone
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Do not flash this kernel if you are bootloader locked as you said you were.

Just download a full 205 FTF and start from scratch with towelroot and recovery from dev section. Then reflash existenz.

Kuvster2014

Apr 5, 2014
Thanks

Do not flash this kernel if you are bootloader locked as you said you were.

Just download a full 205 FTF and start from scratch with towelroot and recovery from dev section. Then reflash existenz.

Thanks, do I flash the .205 ftf through flashtool? Do I clear data or cache or dalvic or what? Sorry but I need the specifics :). I also thought towelroot only worked for kitkat, are you sure it works for xperia sp .205?