Probably stuck or dead pixel

Search This thread

Numero7

Sep 21, 2008
Hi guys, yesterday i recieved my OPO and i noticed that there is a little dark point ( watchable only on white screen) which probably is a stuck or dead pixel. The point is very very little and amost unwatchable during normal use , but i m very finicky......what can i do? Is possible to obtain a replacement of the phone for only one pixel? Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Only OnePlus can answer that question, there's no point asking here because nobody here is an employee of OnePlus. If it is defective though, they should cover it under warranty.

Transmitted via Bacon

Numero7

Sep 21, 2008
Only OnePlus can answer that question, there's no point asking here because nobody here is an employee of OnePlus. If it is defective though, they should cover it under warranty.

Transmitted via Bacon

But no one bere with a similar situation? Just no know if there is a possibility to obtain the change. I have already opened a ticket on OPO official site, but no reply at now.

lucker#1

Apr 22, 2011
Dortmund
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a dead pixel too - but honestly - is it worth making such a big deal out of it?! Why don't you just live with it and save you all the trouble? It's not worth it in my opinion - what if you get another device with a yellow band in exchange? That would be worse wouldn't it? There are bigger problems than just one dead pixel - if it were green all the time that would be much worse.

rndmboyz3

Jan 2, 2014
Tampa, Florida
But no one bere with a similar situation? Just no know if there is a possibility to obtain the change. I have already opened a ticket on OPO official site, but no reply at now.

ugh I have the same situation with my new oneplus one, this didnt happen on my old one but there is a dead/stuck pixel near the top that is green usuallly very hard to notice but sticks out like a sore thumb on black backgrounds. i am just going to deal with it unless it gets much worse is there any way to fix it short of replacing the hardware?

unknown1205

Sep 16, 2008
San Francisco
my co-worker has 1 stuck pixel, like you, its only visible on a white background. OPO's defective policy is only for 3 pixels or more. he ended up selling it on craigslist for the price he bought it at.

phunkyandry

Apr 25, 2011
I have the exact same issue and feel the same way, though I haven't bothered with a ticket yet because I feel lucky to even have one given the extremely short supply. They haven't made a specific statement on dead pixels in the FAQs, but here are a couple close ones:

What is your warranty & return policy?http://oneplus.net/support/answer/what-is-your-warranty-return-policy
What should I do if I receive a defective product?http://oneplus.net/support/answer/what-should-i-do-if-i-received-a-defective-product

Other than that, thishttps://forums.oneplus.net/threads/dead-pixel.68381/#post-3362283 is about the most useful statement I could find from any admin on the topic. >.<

You can also do like I might and wait for your shared invites to come in, use one to buy a new phone, then sell your current one on eBay or something. Just be sure to be honest about any issues with it. ;) Given the low supply you'd probably still get darn close to retail for it. :D

Sent from my OnePlus One using the XDA mobile app.

Last edited:

timbuctoo

Stuck pixel here :(

Though I bought the phone nearly two months back, got it only today from a friend travelling from the US as my country is unsupported yet for shipping.

I discovered a white stuck pixel that stays on in any damn screen when the phone is on.

Pete Lau was drumbeating so much about being very strict with quality, but if so many people are complaining about the screen, this is not good.

d4fseeker

Oct 16, 2010
Depending on whether the pixel is actually dead (meaning it either gets no power or shortened) or stuck (crystal can't rotate) you may be able to revive it. There are applications for that purpose in the Play store that very quickly toggle through several colors in the hope of jiggling the pixel free - leave it running for a few hours and check if the screen is fixed.

AVTR1337

Aug 10, 2012
dei muadda

Hello! Yes!
I have a stuck pixel at my opo. I can just give you one advise. Don't change it. Just don't care about those pixels and more important: Don't search dead pixels. I wad also like you, and so i ordered 3x htc one x, 3x galaxy s3 and all of them had dead pixels or stuck pixels. Also my galaxy s4 had one, and my lg g2! So every ****in phone has them. It's like a big joke and you need very good luck to get one without.

So now i have my opo, and also have 1 stuck pixel. But you know what, i don't care. You have to learn this.
Otherwise you'll be going crazy. Just be happy with your phone. In some time you will get another phone anyway.
So pfff.

timbuctoo

Depending on whether the pixel is actually dead (meaning it either gets no power or shortened) or stuck (crystal can't rotate) you may be able to revive it. There are applications for that purpose in the Play store that very quickly toggle through several colors in the hope of jiggling the pixel free - leave it running for a few hours and check if the screen is fixed.
Thanks @d4fseeker. Any tips on which apps we can try?

rbrandser

Jan 7, 2013
North pole
Yup! Stuck pixel here, it appeared after having the device for less than a day, it's 1 red pixel, so it's not visible on white background. But dark background its right in my face.
I had a little cluster of white pixels on my m7, never really bothered by it.
The way oneplus handle this, I don't think I'll even bother to try to get a replacement device. Well, that's the price we pay for buying from cheap Chinese manufacturer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello! Yes!
    I have a stuck pixel at my opo. I can just give you one advise. Don't change it. Just don't care about those pixels and more important: Don't search dead pixels. I wad also like you, and so i ordered 3x htc one x, 3x galaxy s3 and all of them had dead pixels or stuck pixels. Also my galaxy s4 had one, and my lg g2! So every ****in phone has them. It's like a big joke and you need very good luck to get one without.

So now i have my opo, and also have 1 stuck pixel. But you know what, i don't care. You have to learn this.
    Otherwise you'll be going crazy. Just be happy with your phone. In some time you will get another phone anyway.
    So pfff.