Cant get Vibrant to start help plz!

Search This thread

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
Ok i was on ICS passion then all of a sudden my phone said something about encryption an that it had failed an only option was to reset phone so i hit reset then it went to recovery mode an green android came up with chest open then error message happened an so i booted in to recovery then i try to go in sd an it would not allow me to so i then tried to odin an flashed then i powered on it gies to vibrant screen then it just shuts off so i then flashed Eugene froyo that does not brick then it takes me to stock recovery an says an i cant click on anything in recovery can only move -- movi_checking done!...

update media, please wait
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(No such file or directory)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD:

your storage not prepared yet, please use UI me
nu for format and reboot actions.

Here are instructions i have followed an no luck http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1043892

Ok I think you got some extra cache or some other piece of data that did not get wiped. either way, do this in this sequence and you should be ok

1. Download Eugenes 'Froyo that does not brick' file.
2. Extract the files.
3. Open Odin, plug in your phone, then put it into download mode.
4. load the PIT file in appropriate area.
5. load the .tar file in the PDA area.
6. DO NOT check 're-partition'.
7. Click start, let it finish. Your phone will load and reboot into stock recovery. It will error out again. DONT panic! This is what's supposed to happen.
8. Now, pull your battery.
9. Load the JFD rom for the vibrant'.
10. Extract the files.
11. Once again, open Odin, plug in your phone, put into download mode.
12. Load the PIT file into the appropriate area and the .tar in the PDA area.
13. THIS TIME you want to check the 're-partition' box.
14. Now click start, let it finish, and this time your phone will load up just fine!
15. Then, root the phone and you can flash your new Rom.

doing this method will get everything back to normal and the phone will work just like it did right out of the box

It is #7 that is important when it reboots into recovery after froyo that does not brick then pull the battery and go back into download mode and flash the JFD, This will clear everything out and put you back into stock

Good luck

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
Got it started

I got it booted though a very hard process an now i cant get my sd card to mount it says when i go into anything media related it says "Your phone does not have a SD card inserted" an Externel dont mount either

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
Don't use eugene's rom, since you were using an ICS rom follow these steps

flash froyo bootloaders
flash regular jfd and TICK REPARTITION ( ICS/CM7/CM9 change the partition layout and you need to flash correct partition table for stock rom to work )

back in bussiness.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848737

it never booted on Eugene rom it just went to recovery an gave me an error the one time i got it booted was on 2.1 Stock all the phone does is go to vibrant screen then shut down an no boot loop just off it has done this before an i fixed but Sd was not working an first time apps worked but then 2nd time no apps worked besides browser messenger

Last edited:

valenceo

Oct 15, 2010
it never booted on Eugene rom it just went to recovery an gave me an error the one time i got it booted was on 2.1 Stock all the phone does is go to vibrant screen then shut down an no boot loop just off it has done this before an i fixed but Sd was not working an first time apps worked but then 2nd time no apps worked besides browser messenger

Hey Jason. I'm in the exact situation you're in. Loaded Passion for about 1 week, got the encryption screen and was forced to reset. Now my SD cards (internal and external) won't load. Have you found a work around for it yet? Cheers Mate.

swehes

Jul 26, 2010
Utah
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 11
In the same boat

I am in the same boat. I was using the Euphoria ROM. Yesterday things slowed down on the phone. I rebooted a few times and it crashed. The last couple of times it told me about the encrypted data. That was when I tried to take it back to stock and it won't do anything now other than boot to the vibrant logo and shutdown. Searching for a way to odin a ROM/Kernel that has a CWM recovery so I can go in and manually format the SDcard.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Webstas- Just out of curiousity, were you trying to mount your phone to your computer while on ICs when this happened? I have a theory that I believe I know why this is happening. Just need you to see if you remember a few weeks ago and if you had any problems mounting to your PC and then your next reboot you got the Ecnryption Error.

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
Webstas- Just out of curiousity, were you trying to mount your phone to your computer while on ICs when this happened? I have a theory that I believe I know why this is happening. Just need you to see if you remember a few weeks ago and if you had any problems mounting to your PC and then your next reboot you got the Ecnryption Error.

no i got up an took a shower then came back it gave me an encryption error then i odin back an more trouble odined a couple more times an now it boot loop an also wont start with eugenes froyo

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I know it has been awhile but think back. Were you mounted to your PC at anytime between your last reboot and the Encryption Error? Doesn't have to be right before, the error gets throw on your "next" reboot. And as you know, reboots can happen manually or for something as simple as wrong UV settings.

Looking back in this thread, I saw that you got it to boot up. See if you can do that again and then mount your External via ADB and you should to push the proper commands then. Pretty much your internal is hosed, but me and a few others are working on that too.

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
Can't get it to boot it makes it to Vibrant screen an shut off an on Eugene"s froyo it gives me a couple of errors an I just can't get it to start anymore it there anyone who has encountered this an got it fixed like I really need this fix I am using a blackberry please save me

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
YAY

I got it fixed but now im on step 13 of that guide where you have to use ADB an i cant get the phone to show up on my PC what drivers do i need i already have Vibrant drivers but still nothing an the usb works its a samsung USB so can anyone help me with ADB

tenantrep

Dec 27, 2008
Winter Park
I am having a similar problem. Was running ICS 4.0.3 w/Euphoria without issue until this morning. Got a couple of errors after a normal recharge. Pulled battery and rebooted, but is stuck in boot loop. Cannot access either recovery or fastboot screen. Vibrant logo flashes and release buttons, but never enters mode. Then cycles to Android screen and would likely stay there until battery died. This is primary phone and need to put back into service quickly. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JIM in FLA