Kitkat GS3 at&t confirmed

Search This thread

SwaggyDabbyDoo

Mar 27, 2014
Oklahoma
Hopeful

As much as I hope it is released for our phones, a single person who does live chats all day may not be the most rock-solid source. Any number of things could turn out to have happened, from misreading an information sheet before giving you said information to her being just plain wrong.

Thank you for posting this though, it is important that up to date information like that is made public. Its just that I'm not sure if one representative saying it is on its way is a complete confirmation.

Does anyone know how reliable these live chats usually are?

internethuman

Mar 22, 2014
As much as I hope it is released for our phones, a single person who does live chats all day may not be the most rock-solid source. Any number of things could turn out to have happened, from misreading an information sheet before giving you said information to her being just plain wrong.

Thank you for posting this though, it is important that up to date information like that is made public. Its just that I'm not sure if one representative saying it is on its way is a complete confirmation.

Does anyone know how reliable these live chats usually are?

Not very reliable in this case since they are not allowed to give too much information out to the public. I posted a thread after I talked to one of Samsung's live representatives and they told me that the update would come in a matter of weeks. You can check my thread out if you want.

Reactions: SwaggyDabbyDoo

SwaggyDabbyDoo

Mar 27, 2014
Oklahoma
Not very reliable in this case since they are not allowed to give too much information out to the public. I posted a thread after I talked to one of Samsung's live representatives and they told me that the update would come in a matter of weeks. You can check my thread out if you want.

Ah yes I found that thread. Well if it was more than just one confirmation that adds too the legitimacy :good: I don't want to get my hopes up but its looking good!

Reactions: internethuman

Carsus55

Apr 1, 2013
I'd love for this to be true. I'm holding off on updating to a custom rom in case they push KitKat and it doesn't work after using the stock restore posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
My post on the rumor thread

I was talking with AT&T repair regarding my phone freezing when switching from portrait to landscape since the 4.3 OTA and they told me they were not aware of a fix coming out for this, but that 4.4 will probably come out in a couple months and it may replace whatever is causing the problem. When I went to the Samsung Experience center to let them force the OTA onto my phone again to see if that would fix the issue, that tech said the same thing about 4.4 coming out, but he thought my freeze issue is hardware related.

Deonta23

Mar 18, 2014
From Official Samsung

Not sure if this is only US versions but this is a list of devices from the official website

www "DOT" samsung "DOT" com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/EFC-1G6FFEGSTA[/url] :good:

Reactions: amir_n71

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Not sure if this is only US versions but this is a list of devices from the official website

www "DOT" samsung "DOT" com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/EFC-1G6FFEGSTA[/url] :good:

I just went to change my sim card to one with secure element, and ask guy at At&t store ( is said "manager" on his name tag) about kitkat for S3. He answer
We don't have any specific date, but I heard it should be at mid May.

Make sense since S5 will be release in April so they can bust sell of S5 before they let us have it KitKat on S3.

Last edited:

sgloki77

Jul 14, 2012
Hallandale Beach
Can anyone explain what would be the advantage of an official kk rollout from AT&T?

At this point in time AOSP kk roms are fully functional, no need to hang with an ugly fat chick like touchwiz haha

atthebeach

Mar 11, 2011
I've been using kk with pwncake's Quantum ROM for so long now, that I'm not very inclined to go back to touchwiz either. It's just too late.

vbetts

Jun 21, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Can anyone explain what would be the advantage of an official kk rollout from AT&T?

At this point in time AOSP kk roms are fully functional, no need to hang with an ugly fat chick like touchwiz haha

Kit Kat does bring down memory usage, so if you use or want some of the S applications and features that Touchwiz has, you should see better performance due to released memory.

Theoretically that is, I've been on CM11 nightlies for awhile now.

HiKsFiles

Aug 7, 2010
Québec city
Reactions: pre4speed

SpacePotato

Apr 6, 2014
Thats nice

Its not really important since most stock TouchWiz roms are total ****, especially those from samsung.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was going to try to get a rom out this afternoon but had to puck up my daughter a few hours earlier than expected. I should be able to get it later tonight though. But everyone, PLEASE be patient. In the end, you know you will get a rom, but constantly asking for it does not make anything happen any faster.
    Got the sprint rom installed on my D2ATT from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

1) Extract the ZIP file.
    2) Extract the TAR file.
    3) Use ext4_unpacker_exe to extract the system.img.ext4 to a regular system.img
    4) Copy the new system.img file and the boot.img previously extracted to the root of your external SDCard
    5) In recovery (I used TWRP) wipe all partitions and reboot recovery.
    6) In recovery, using ADB, run the following:
    Code:
    dd if=/external_sd/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
    dd if=/external_sd/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
    7) Reboot and enjoy 4.4 (hopefully everything went smoothly, takes a few minutes to boot).

Note that I am on MJB bootloader/modem. Also wifi is not working on this ROM (usual occurrence when using kernels/boot.img from a different version). Mobile data is working though.

Not really sure this is usable as a daily driver, but hope this helps others begin playing around with it.
    Fellows Lemonboi5 port of kk . Running great on Sg3. I travel 455 to 570 miles a night no problem with likewise s5 Rom.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using LikeWise S5 on Sg3 & Tapatalk Pro.
    Current ATT web details for S3 says
    “ Android™ v4.3; upgradeable to v4.4”

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I just checked on the mobile site and it straight up said 4.4.