CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I use waze...if you don't I suggest you get it...it's such an awesome app, but yes, I have noticed a change in the voice when I first started testing cm9 (was afraid to run many of my usual apps when I first was asked to test cm9).

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

anyone else super excited about

Add separate headset and speaker volumes (android_frameworks_base)

Hmm.. will give that a try thnx man. N yeah I'm excited for the separate volume control too :D

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
what are y'all using to handle voicemail? anybody have a visual voicemail going????????

HJZS2K

Dec 23, 2011
Been checking my VM the old fashioned way, dialing.

Still having pixel on the top left corner issue?

HJZS2K

Dec 23, 2011
Oh nice. Would you look at that, its gone :). I posted that before the 4/1 nightly install. Now after the new nightly I don't see the white pixel any more. Nice.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
just rebooted and my camera works, took a pretty snappy pic too!

that google voice is going to work out nice + free texting...............thanks again for that!! :)

Reactions: S1XXV

yuranet

Jan 28, 2012
anyone noticed the sensor display is "shaking", but finger is not move? On stock firmware everything is OK!

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
anyone noticed the sensor display is "shaking", but finger is not move? On stock firmware everything is OK!

What???

Lol. I think he meant that when you touch the screen to move something, lets say to transition between homescreen, and you leave your finger idle on the screen, not moving at all, the screen "shakes" like it's trying to move but can't cuz you're holding it. Same thing in Angry Birds Space too. You will notice that your aim will constantly move even though you're not moving your finger.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Lol. I think he meant that when you touch the screen to move something, lets say to transition between homescreen, and you leave your finger idle on the screen, not moving at all, the screen "shakes" like it's trying to move but can't cuz you're holding it. Same thing in Angry Birds Space too. You will notice that your aim will constantly move even though you're not moving your finger.

Ahh yes, I've noticed this too. This didn't happen on stock roms? I installed CM9 within hours of getting the phone :p

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
I've been keeping an eye on the changelog for this and am always kinda stunned at the amount of work that's required and what seems to be A LOT of detail work, small changes everywhere and such to get this working better and better.

I rly had no idea.

I looked at some other phones with cm available at get.cm and noticed there are no stable versions of cm9, no release candidates either, but quite a few phones getting updated nightly with cm9.

It all got me wanting to know how this impressive process works.....is it fair to say that Ricardo is THE guy doing the work on the p930? Looking at his programming checklist page it appears that all p930 work originates there and then gets OK'ed by a required # of colleagues then automatically merged into the current version and uploaded as a nightly?

Is that about right? It's ****ing very very impressive.

!

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@scott0,

You are pretty much correct, Ricardo is the one responsible right now for fixes and code specific to our device. However, if you'll notice, a lot of the changes in the nightlies are actually ones affecting the entire cyanogenmod codebase or devices that share our chipset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP