[Q] Alcatel OT-983 root and unlock

Search This thread

vadiro

Nov 21, 2012
Oxford
I just bought an Alcatel OT-983 and I would like to root and unlock it.
Any ideas about how could I do one of these?

vadiro

Nov 21, 2012
Oxford
I managed to unlock it for free using the O2 one month pay monthly trick. I received the unlock code in 48 hours.

momo1997

Dec 11, 2012
root alcatel ot 988

thanks theoneofgod. got the phone rooted....any chance of an unlock to other networks?

pls explain crefully step by step how u rooted it because i didnt understand the instructions in d link of your post, i just got the phone and cant root the ot 983 , pls help i will appreciate ur help , thanks in advance:(

vadiro

Nov 21, 2012
Oxford
pls explain crefully step by step how u rooted it because i didnt understand the instructions in d link of your post, i just got the phone and cant root the ot 983 , pls help i will appreciate ur help , thanks in advance:(

On the hotukdeals.com is a long topic about ot 983, you can find there too a lot of infos about how to rooting it.

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3

There is a Read Me in the zip.

On the hotukdeals.com is a long topic about ot 983, you can find there too a lot of infos about how to rooting it.

No need, post #2 has links to it.
http://error-soft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2923

Last edited:

shyam888

Dec 10, 2012
help me, alcatel ot 983 bricked

I think I bricked my alcatel ot 983 by installing something, seriously I didn't know what I was doing, I am so dumb, this is my first cheap android phone.

I found some file called Andread_32_i2e on google downloaded from 4shareddotcom and flashed my phone, and the phone now hangs in boot logo the green android logo

help me, I didn't make any back up

do I need the original stock rom or something, I got no clue

Last edited:

xzyk

Sep 6, 2006
Hi xzyk

How did you unlock Alcatel OT 983. Please share......

Many Thanks.

Some kind person over at 'hotukdeals' did me a favour and got me the SIM unlock code from the carrier. Root was easy enough, unfotunately not much support for this device, without a CWM recovery, or a stock rom, Iam reluctant to do any further changes.

shyam888

Dec 10, 2012
my bricked phone keeps restarting so I couldn't use alcatel one touch upgrade

thanks mate but still my problem is not solved

the thing is alcatel onetouch upgrade tells me turn my phone off and connect to pc via usb cable but the problem is as soon as i connect my phone via usb the phone turn on, so alcatel one touch upgrade fails at 65% download from the server

I can get my phone in to recovery mode but I think I will need the rom, i dont know

if someone bought a new phone of this model and made a rom backup and if you can post that it will be really nice

Attachments

• fone1.png
    fone1.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 247
  • fone2.png
    fone2.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 180

joseJLL

Dec 25, 2012
need the system.img for this phone

i have lost my system.img and i need it, please send it
thanks

hajj_3

Jul 17, 2010
if you guys could give me detailed instructions as to how i can extract the system.img file i might be able to help you. I have a stock rooted phone btw, i've uninstalled a few applications i didn't want and move some to sd using link2sd i think, not sure if that matters or not. My phone is currently not unlocked to all networks but will be within the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:

shyam888

Dec 10, 2012
fixed alcatel ot 983 unbricked

hello guys I have bought a new alcatel ot 983 to fix my old one

I got the rom, I am a new guy so I can't post link

email me on asrafali1991@yahoo.co.uk

I will send you my dropbox file link which has the rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely fantastic this! :)

Thank you very much it worked! :) First two times it did not work and i got a white screen and then it (luckely) rebooted automatically.
    Things I did which may help others is start the Alcatel Android Manager and let it connect and then exit it. Furthermore i downloaded the drivers.zip files and just put them on my PC in the folder where I have the other files too.
    Then I tried again and see voila it worked:
    View attachment 1949466

Came in recovery and did the magic! :) rooted and all updated SuperUser through Play and happy days! :)

Thanks a lot for the help and cheers!:good:

You're welcome :)

I forgot to mention about the 'white screen of death'. It happened to me loads of times before I managed to get into recovery. I found just tapping the Home button rebooted the phone back into normal operation. If that failed, I just removed the battery for a few seconds and then replaced it.

Now your OT983 is fully rooted, I recommend you download link2SD from Google Play to massively increase your app space on the phone. It's WAY better than the native app2SD functionality.

There's a good tutorial here:
    http://www.noypigeeks.com/android/tutorial-a-guide-to-link2sd/
    is there anyone working on a custom Tom for this?
    No. No-one's even working on a custom ROM, let alone a Tom. :highfive:
    Can you provide the update.zip?

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sure, hope it works with other too! :good:

a question just to know.. (i'm a noob :angel: )
    i read somewhere that if you change the privileges of the "su" folder with an explorer for rooted devices, maybe the other apps going to work too.
    Is it true? i can't remember the topic/path of su folder... :eek: