hello
I cannot find infos when it will arrives
specsifications looks great
it can be use by me as a daily smartphone
:)
I cannot wait longer

moviehunter2009

Mar 13, 2010
There is one retailer who sells it on eBay for 279,99 GBP (or about 339,21 EUR).

Beware as this a 3G version and not the 4G/LTE version.

Otherwise you can try to buy one on aliexpress dot com but this is some kind of a jungle there as prices can vary from as much as US $449.98 (even US $759 ^^) to as low as US $154.28... ^^

So you have to check out if this is a 4G/LTE version, a 3G version or ... maybe... a fake... so check it out twice about the reliability of the retailer as most if not all of them don't accept Paypal payment...

I have not buy anything yet from aliexpress so I have no experience with them : I've heard both about very positive and very negative evaluations...

I'm inquiring my banker about what options I have to be sure I can get my money back in case I don't receive the product or if it the product is not as described.

A few days ago I've seen a thread on XDA about a review of this Huawei Honor Mediapad X1 product and about the low prices, but sounds like this thread has been deleted or moved, so I can't retrieve any feedbacks from those who tried to buy it at low cost... ^^

Try the 3G version from To2c...im waiting it from there,..i bought many phones from there but its not the 4G version...in my country 4g is a myth.....and about the thread im wondering why they delete it.....im searching how to root it and this tread was full of info...now i find a german site but..its a dificult language for me.

Sep 22, 2013
It just depends on your wearing... If you wear regular pants even just as with Docker pants, you can't carry it with you, unless you have a bag with you.

But if you have sport,mountain, fishing pants with large side pockets or a jacket with large pockets it's not a problem...

I've got the first Galaxy Tab 7" from Samsung (GT-P1000) thicker and heavier than the Mediapad X1 and it was very nice.
Then with the Galaxy tab 7.7, I've got to have systematically a small rucksack with me... ^^

That's the reason, I want to buy this Mediapad X1 as Samsung didn't released any good 7" pad anymore. Since the very first GT-P1000/GT-1010, Samsung's 7 inches pads are still with a crappy 1024x600 display resolution... :eek:

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Is it single sim or dual-sim Honor X1 pad ?

Have you tried to root it with tools from other Huawei Mediapad or is it locked bootloader ???

single sim
i've rooted it
i dont know if it is locked bootloader,but i flased CWM REC.

bbs.gfan.com/android-7369193-1-1.html

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
I'm looking for this one too - can't find it in any of the shops!

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Premium HD app

saerdryl2

Sep 30, 2011
Anyone find some info on how to flash CWM ? and root it also?

hi you can buy it here : http://sciphone.fr/fr/718-huawei-mediapad-x1-7-fhd-quadcore-4x16ghz-2gb16gb-3g-900-2100mhz.html

It s a 4g/LTE, and u can ask for a version for US. They are cool, it s a shop in shenzen, there are french and they are fun and they can be trust :)

So u can buy it

http://sciphone.fr/fr/718-huawei-mediapad-x1-7-fhd-quadcore-4x16ghz-2gb16gb-3g-900-2100mhz.html

moviehunter2009

Mar 13, 2010
hi you can buy it here : http://sciphone.fr/fr/718-huawei-mediapad-x1-7-fhd-quadcore-4x16ghz-2gb16gb-3g-900-2100mhz.html

It s a 4g/LTE, and u can ask for a version for US. They are cool, it s a shop in shenzen, there are french and they are fun and they can be trust :)

So u can buy it

http://sciphone.fr/fr/718-huawei-mediapad-x1-7-fhd-quadcore-4x16ghz-2gb16gb-3g-900-2100mhz.html

Sorry but i didnt ask where to buy it .....i asked how to root it and if we can have a CWM.... im waiting to get it in my hands in 15 days as i order it from To2C and searching to be ready when it comes..

saerdryl2

Sep 30, 2011
too expensive it s a joke.
U ll see the price when it ll be launch on US market and eiropeen market => 400 € or more

moviehunter2009

Mar 13, 2010
I thought you would understand the hints in my conversation with cmcc13901753700...

I can't say for sure as I haven't decided yet where and which version to buy, but as most Huawei use more or less the same SOC (Hisilicon Kirin 910) you can have a look here :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1373814

or other links to other Huawei products... Ask to be sure and maybe cmcc13901753700 can confirm or infirm if this is a reliable source or not... ^^

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

At present time, the price on aliexpress or To2c is about US $353.99 or even cheaper for the 3G version so about 256 €, when sciphone sells the same product for 305 € (so about US $ 421 for a 3G version)... :eek:

And this is a chinese website retailer, NOT a US or European retailer. So guarantee isn't better than aliexpress or To2c as if we have any problems the product has to be sent to Chine or so... ^^

No ....To2C is ok.....i have made many orders from there for me and my family and is very reliable...im waiting mediapad for my wife now..

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
i hear that there was a wi-fi only planned by huawei, is there any truth to this?? i would prefer a non phone function but i will take a wi-fi only if its later available.

gregou

Dec 20, 2006
Nantes
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thé 4G/LTE version came out officially 2 days ago in China, so you can order it on the web but they'll ship the phones only next week as the first three days of May are off in China !

For your information, the 4G/LTE chinese version should work with the. 4G/LTE networks of your countries ;)

Can't wait to get mine !

uncleabubear

Thé 4G/LTE version came out officially 2 days ago in China, so you can order it on the web but they'll ship the phones only next week as the first three days of May are off in China !

For your information, the 4G/LTE chinese version should work with the. 4G/LTE networks of your countries ;)

Can't wait to get mine !

I have been trying to buy one this week. I cancelled my order when it turned out it was for the 503L Chinese version with TDD LTE only which doesn't work here in the UK. There will be an international version 501L with FDD LTE and TDD LTE available soon which does.
All the models are
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 7D-501
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 7D-501L
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 7D-501g
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 7D-502L
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 7D-503L
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0 7D-504L

I have not found on the web exactly what the differences are but they are 3g or 4g.
Its also called Honor X1, Glory

Have a nice day,

kinghu

Apr 28, 2007
www.chinawhat.net
Looks like the 4G version is available now if: you live in Guangdong Province and want it on a China Unicom contract - so no use to most of us :p

However, it does look like there's a 'flash' sale of contract free X1s next week for Chinese residents. Again, not much use although you can be sure many scalpers and Taobao and Aliexpress agents will be buying them up to sell on/abroad. At 1,999 RMB ($320USD) it's only $30USD up on the 3G variant, although these are obviously local prices.

I guess it may be a month or two before they are on open sale at least. I've still yet to see the 3G version on open sale on either Huawei's own website or in local phone stores despite it being released (in staggered flash sales) for around a month now.

As for the device itself, the 3G version I got a few weeks back is excellent value. Good feel in the hand, not too heavy, and fantastic build quality. The stock EMUI was a bit laggy in places out-of-the-door but there have been 4 OTA updates already so it's clearly being worked on. I run Nova instead and it is fine. Still, it could do with moving to 4.4 rather than the 4.2 that it is at the moment. Next to my 5s, it's crazy to think this is 30% of the price for what you get. I'd put this up there with the OnePlus One (however impossible it might be to acquire one of those) in terms of bang-for-buck. Reading, movie-watching, browsing and gaming are all great and the battery lasts forever. Just wish I could move the power button but have managed to adjust my grip to avoid accidental depressions.

One thing: the Honor brand is mainly for China. I think it'll be known as MediaPad X1 in foreign markets.

Last edited:

gregou

Dec 20, 2006
Nantes
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The version of the Huawei Mediapad X1 4G i bought is FDD-LTE so it'll work with the french 4G networks (i'm in France obviously.. ;)

Can't wait to get this phablet, from what i've been reading so far on the web, this phone is a killer ! I just hope that some devs will start to bring us some good customs roms ! :) not just a cyanogen rom...

And for those who already got this phone, what about the external speaker ? it seems great from what i heard (DTS technology built-in), can we make the comparaison with the external speaker of the HTC One ?

Would be great if someone could make a full review of this phone ? I know i will when i'll get it :)

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
Really hope this is a hit so they make more. It has everything I want with 7in 1080 screen, large battery and sd card. Only problem I have is the cpu which needs to be updated. Think I'll end up passing on this one unless I could find someone that trade it for my GN2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please let us know. It will be good for the community.

I come to you because as many people on the internet, I wanted to update the firmware B002 to B006on the Huawei Mediapad X1 and it showed me FAIL :-/
    I found by myself how to do it so here's my solution! :)
    It's really quite simple, you must reinstall the B002 firmware and then after update with OTA and firmware B006 will work perfectly!
    Here is the link for the B002 firmware 7D-503L (Chinese version only 4G !) :
    https://mega.co.nz/ #! KJkiCI5Z
    Key description to download the archive: VBJCu1gGHwZFi9d0yX3qJPLMmYlz5JwTLTu80q2GoH0
    1 - Unzip the archive and place the "ddload" folder on your SD card.
    2 - Then go to: Settings / Update / Local Update and follow the instructions.
    3 - The phone will completely reinstall the system.
    4 - Wait until the phone turns on again (for this, the phone will ask you to remove the SD card from the phone and then it'll reboot by itself).
    5 - Set the phone at first boot and then, via any File Manager, delete "ddload" folder that you put on your SD card.
    6 - Then go back to settings/system update/ and download the B006 update.
    6 - Allow to install and voila!

Hope it'll help lots of people !!

P.S : I'm not responsable if anything goes wrong !! I tested myself and it works perfectly !!!
    It just depends on your wearing... If you wear regular pants even just as with Docker pants, you can't carry it with you, unless you have a bag with you.

But if you have sport,mountain, fishing pants with large side pockets or a jacket with large pockets it's not a problem...

I've got the first Galaxy Tab 7" from Samsung (GT-P1000) thicker and heavier than the Mediapad X1 and it was very nice.
    Then with the Galaxy tab 7.7, I've got to have systematically a small rucksack with me... ^^

That's the reason, I want to buy this Mediapad X1 as Samsung didn't released any good 7" pad anymore. Since the very first GT-P1000/GT-1010, Samsung's 7 inches pads are still with a crappy 1024x600 display resolution... :eek:

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Is it single sim or dual-sim Honor X1 pad ?

Have you tried to root it with tools from other Huawei Mediapad or is it locked bootloader ???

single sim
    i've rooted it
    i dont know if it is locked bootloader,but i flased CWM REC.

bbs.gfan.com/android-7369193-1-1.html
    I decided to go with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    I'll give you my first impressions after a day and a half of intense use ;)
    DESIGN :
    Huawei did a great job with Honor / Mediapad X1, For having the Ascend Mate its release, I regretted his gabaris too thick and poorly worked ... But they changed that for the model .
    It is fine, condense what makes it easily usable with both hands without appearing bulky or huge , it seems to be the size I needed in fact. The buttons are simple but sober , locations and sd card micro sim are well incorporated making them very discreet . The jack is on top, you say that there is nothing exceptional about it, but having had the Xperia Z Ultra , which for him was on the side in jean pockets c ' was an eyesore ... so thank you for Huawei that little detail ! ;)
    QUALITY SCREEN :
    The screen is very very good. We are on a slab + FULL HD (1920x1200 ) , which gives us a nice ratio of 323ppi , which is more than enough . (For Xperia Z Ultra for comparison , it is 245ppi memory , albeit for a slightly smaller screen : 6.44 " ) .
    However, I would add that the screen quality was sharper and impressive pile on the Z Ultra. This probably comes from the fact that it was an LCD screen, and the X1 has an IPS screen). My knowledge was limited about it ... :)
    To summarize , you will be more than satisfied ! A full HD movie makes more than good on this screen !
    NETWORK :
    Yes , the network is well , it is 4G/3G + / 3G/2G all there! and no problem you permuterez from one to the other without having to activate anything !
    For 4G , we all know now that the phone is a priori compatible with antennas that have a frequency of 2600 MHz .
    INTERFACE EMOTION UI 2.0
    My big problem with Emotion UI interface is that there is no application launcher . I 'm trying to get used to but unfortunately nothing could be done ... For what I have read , it is very good ( we found it easily , it is ergonomic, lovely animations scroll of unlocking screen ( special mention to the theme Brightness and unlocking effect that I love !)
    I will not dwell on this interface not using it every day , for my part I install Nova Launcher. Everyone will go his personal appreciation.
    CAMERA :
    The camera is very good! I took some pictures outside in the wide shot , I did try to put all the features to the test yet.
    The front camera also looks very correct , and for good reason , we are entitled to 5 mgpxls :)
    For video, I have not yet had the opportunity to film a piece with so I come back to you later.
    AUDIO:
    A KILLER ! So I said a little anyway because I see you already come: "But it's the HTC One Killer" ! So ... uh ... not may not be abused . At least on the top part external speaker , which however remains excellent ! Very good bass management , no saturation , its clear and very honestly returned . In addition, the X1 has no default equalizer , so be free to install and to further improve this!
    To the sound through headphones / earphones , DTS makes all the difference and I sincerely fart ears with since I have so it is a sound fun! ;)
    *AUTONOMY / BATTERY:
    I can not move me and tell you that as sold by Huawei , the battery is huge. Certainly, we are entitled to a battery of 5000 mhz ( no less ) . If not on a large battery short smartphones of all manufacturers .
    You will receive the settings in a power saving mode , divided into 3 options:
    - Smart : Automatically adjusts CPU usage and network use and to keep balanced performance (recommended for daily use )
    - Enduring : Limit CPU usage and network to save energy (recommended when the battery is low)
    - Normal: Adjusts slightly CPU usage and network to maximize performance ( recommended for games and online videos ) .
    For my part , Smart mode is amply me . The battery holds charge very well (think also to charge for a period of 12 hours during his first charge as indicated by Huawei ) .
    And something that is terrible is that the battery does not heat, finally I guess it must be heated even a minimum but we do not feel any heat or really really small, and further down the phone at back. The aluminum plate is doing its job very well.
    In short, you can breathe and start to leave your charger at home to rest two or three days :)
    I would return to you when I have a few more days of using the phone to complete everything.
    PROCESSOR / PERFORMANCE :
    On the processor X1, we are entitled to home processor Huawei, a heart Hisilicon Kirin clocked at 1.7 GHz Quad chipset, 2 GB of RAM and Mali -450 graphics chip . I am accustomed to Qualcomm processor , including the penultimate , the S800 . I must say that I see no difference even though the house Huawei processor is still below performance level , since on Antutu benchmark , I get 22000 points when a S800 actually 30000-35000 easy.
    In terms of fluidity , video playback, there is nothing wrong, it can sometimes feel some latency but not annoying in use.
    To be confirmed later for those who play demanding games in particular performance .

I think I have been around for a first overall impression.
    If you have any questions or points that I forgot to covered do not hesitate!

P.S : Sorry for the language mistakes, but i used google translate cause this is my review from and for a french forum ;)
    I bought the same version 7D-501L, but with build version 7D-501LV100R001C100B003 from Germany. Unfortunately Permission Manager is missing from that build. Can you please check if it on yours? It should be part of the Phone Manager app. In my build Permission Manager is replaced with Do not disturb...

Mine is 7D-501LV100R001C209B002, and it is also Do not disturb.

Hi,

A new firmware rolled out for the 7D-503L (4G Chinese version). I tried to installed it by downloading it through OTA, and i downloaded as well from Huawei suport website to install it with the "local mode" but nothing works !

I get FAIL in red when the phone try to install this update.

I un-root my phone before to do it... I have not idea why it doesn't work. I'm not alone with this problem but nobody found a solution yet....

Any idea ?

Is yours a 501L or 503L ? My 501L supports LTE in Malaysia which is 1800 and 2600MHz. I'm wondering if ROMs for both 501L and 503L are interchangeable except maybe for Chinese language interface and apps in the 503L.