[GUIDE] Rooting Galaxy Tab 10.1 - ICS

Search This thread

Jimbellingen

Sep 29, 2017
I was going ok until I got to steps # 7 & 8 here:
7. Once the backup is done, press "Install" in the TWRP main menu.
8. locate the "Flashable_SuperUser.zip" and flash it.

Also, my Win7 operating system would not open the downloaded files. I opened them and unzipped them in Linux Mint 17.3 KDE, then transfered them to my Win7 partition using a USB stick.

How and where do I open the TWRP menu?
And how do I "flash it" ?
Can someone assist this beginner please?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510
Linux Mint 17.3 KDE most of the time.

Last edited:

updatetab

Jan 4, 2019
TWRP recovery file no longer working?!

HI, just trying to root my Samsung Tab 10.1 gt p7500 (before I throw it in the rubbish because it is now practically useless).
I realise this is a long shot but if anyone is still administrating this thread could they please update the links for TWRP file etc.
I have spent days searching online and cannot get a file that works!
Would be greatly appreciated.

cop968

May 31, 2019
HI, just trying to root my Samsung Tab 10.1 gt p7500 (before I throw it in the rubbish because it is now practically useless).
I realise this is a long shot but if anyone is still administrating this thread could they please update the links for TWRP file etc.
I have spent days searching online and cannot get a file that works!
Would be greatly appreciated.

When you urge it to CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and open it in download mode it enters the loop mode. How to solve this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody.

I had some hard time rooting my tablet because of the broken links and outdated guides that didn't work if you had updated to stock ICS. After some hours of tinkering I managed to find the correct files for rooting it so here's and up to date guide for rooting the Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the latest ICS OTA update.

For the record my tablet is GT-P7500 with 3G. This guide should also work for GT-P7510 which is WiFi-only. Please leave a reply if it worked for your other model so I can include it here! Please also tell me if there are mistakes in the guide or you have a problem at some point.

If you follow these steps you will void your warranty.​

The package can be downloaded from the signature, or in a single file here:

MIRROR - 1 (Down at the moment)
    MIRROR - 2 (Mediafire)

The package ROOT-GT-P7500.rar includes:
    • A recent version of Odin (v3.07 - 2013)
    • Samsung USB drivers for Windows
    • Odin flashable TWRP recovery
    • TWRP flashable SuperSu

1 - Preparation
    1. Extract the files to a place on your computer.
    2. Make sure Kies isn't running on your PC. Look for its icon in the notification area.
    3. Install "Samsung_USB_Driver_1.5.5.0.exe".
    4. Move the file "Flashable_SuperUser.zip" to the root of your sdcard.
    5. Open "Odin3 v3.07.exe" on your PC.
    6. Press the "PDA" button and select "recovery-TWRP-P4-P7500.tar".
    7. Leave Odin open on the PC.

2 - Download mode
    1. Turn off your tablet.
    2. Connect the USB cable.
    3. Hold POWER + VOLUME DOWN until you see some Android images.
    4. Press VOLUME UP, wait a moment until you get to another screen an press it again.
    5. You should now be in "Download mode".
    6. Open Odin and make sure that the first ID:COM column has a bluish colours and some text like "0:[COM4]". The ID:COM turns blue whever Odin has detected connection between your PC and the tablet. If it's still white/grey something is wrong with the USB connection or the Samsung USB-driver.

3 - The flashing
    1. Now everything should be ready for Odin to flash you a new recovery. Don't change any of the default settings other than what's mentioned here.
    2. Press "Start" in Odin to begin the flash, it should only take a few seconds. If your tabletreboots everything went fine!
    3. If you have problems with Odin detecting your tablet, try rebooting your computer and your tablet, and using a different USB port. It's probably a driver problem.
    4. Now turn off your tablet to enter the new TWRP recovery.
    5. Hold POWER + VOLUME DOWN until you see some Android images.
    6. Press VOLUME DOWN once and then VOLUME UP once to enter recovery.
    7. Use TWRP to backup your current ROM in case something goes wrong or you want to return to stock ROM some time. Google "TWRP guide" if you don't know how to use it.
    8. Once the backup is done, press "Install" in the TWRP main menu.
    9. Locate the "Flashable_SuperUser.zip" and flash it.
    10. If it flashed without errors, reboot your tablet and see if you now have SuperSu within your apps.
    11. You should now have root access!

4 - Custom ROMs
    1. If you want to install custom ROMs, find a flashable ZIP of your favourite ROM and put it on your SDCARD.
    2. You might want to use a program like TitaniumBackup to back up all your apps so you can restore them later on your new ROM.
    3. Follow the above steps from step 4 to enter recovery.
    4. Backup your ROM again.
    5. Press "Wipe" and then wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system and do the factory-reset.
    6. Press "Install" and locate your ROM's ZIP-file.
    7. Flash it and reboot!

That's about it. For long-time reliability I've included the file package in the signature in a split rar file (XDA doesn't allow big files). Download them all and then extract only one of them like any other rar file. If none of the mirrors aren't working and you have a problem downloading it from the sig, feel free to send me a PM.

If this helped you, please press thanks! :angel:
    Following this guide, I finally root my GT after so long. Thx, OP!
    Thanks! But doesn't unlock root work?

Sent from my GT-I9000 with cm10.1

I have never user UnlockRoot. This is the manual way of doing it. If UnlockRoot works then it's probably easier for beginners to use that method :)
    What is this unlockroot you speak of

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app
    Hey man thanks for this guide. I've been flashing my sgs1900 here & there for a few years but just acquired a SG 10.1 tab so obviously I had to root it for flashing some custom roms later on. Anyway I can see things are more or less the same, but still just a little bit different enough to want to have a good guide at hand before I get all smug at myself later on for thinking I'm a rom king ;)

Excellent guide & thank you for all the required files. KUDOS!