spam, delete

Search This thread

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
Mhl is quite bad, works very laggy, which is super anoying, z1 is a beast, no reason for thia to happen, my old Nokia n8 qith a single 600mhz cpu had flawless hdmi output...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
Replacement how should it makes a difference? The cable.can't be that bad as to cause delay because the signal moces too slow through it.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

mellll

Aug 25, 2010
London Ontario Canada
Hi developers, I'm thinking about buying this phone but I have some questions to you who own a MHL HDMI adapter for Xperia Z1.

1) The phone uses MHL 1.0 or 2.0 ?
2) At what frequency works the HDMI ? 30Hz or 60Hz ?
3) is the output to TV laggy / delayed ? if yes, how much? (screen from my SGS 2 is delayed by about 500ms what I feel acceptable for movies/surfing but bad for work)

Thank you very much for answers.

I used 2 different MHL adapters. One was from Rocket Fish and the other was just a generic type MHL Adapter which just had MHL apapter written on it. The Rocket Fish one was $9.99 and the generic no brand one was $24.99 . The Rocket Fish one performed slightly better. I played Rayman games on MHL to my Sony 60" LED HDTV and it was flawless no lag, tried Asphalt 8 and was great, tried Modern Combat 4 and I had major lag, slowness to it. Web browsing and playing around the interface was good, you can tell it has a slight lag but I think it was great really.

I think theres an option in the developer options to display the 2nd display to 720P and Im sure that would improve speed a bit.

Go for the Rocket Fish MHL adapter. It worked great for me except for the very intensive game Modern Combat 4.

Webpocket

Jun 26, 2011
I just checked some of the response from that youtube video and the creator of that video did say it won't work with Xperia z1. Thats weird because I thought the Galaxy S3 also had a 5 pin (1.0) MHL and it worked. I am wondering why it won't work with the xperia z1 that is also 5 micro usb. I already ordered a Samsung MHL 2.0 from my local NCIX. I should have it in the next few days. I will report back.

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
i think it's a global problem... hdmi 1 or 2 or whatever just means if hdmi will work or won't.

once it's working it should run the same on every adapter...

untill i see a video of z1 working flawlessly with a specific hdmi adapter i'm not convinced.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Got myself this
udu8a5a4.jpg

This piece of crap can't even output 1080p. I went to the service menu using *#*#test#*#* (replace test with corresponding numbers) and there was select resolution option. Of course it said N/A even though I had the ability to choose the resolution which didn't change anything.
I could tell a small lag in GTA San Andreas + Sometimes it even lagged (for an eye-blind, but still) in the plain UI doing nothing. I also tried DTS and Dolby Digital plus. Both worked in stereo.
Weird thing is that even though I was doing basic stuff like chrome etc it didn't charge using the stock charger and cable if connected to this adapter. HDMI cable was not plugged to the adapter at all. I tried to use it as a charger pass through. With HDMI not plugged in the phone said smartconnect: charger so it's the adapter itself.

Stay away from this one for sure!
Will try this rocket sth one.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Scarf Face

Jul 29, 2012
I bought a cheapo eBay version, from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1080P-Mini-Micro-USB-MHL-to-HDMI-Adapter-Cable-150mm-NEW-/200912649225

Lag is non-existent, or at least not easily noticeable, when scrolling through screens or websites. I haven't tried playing games but I don't see a problem. Have heard a lot of problems with these adapters, but I lucked out and mine works with no issues.

The specs for even MHL 1.0 say that it supports 60hz 1080p; in fact the only difference I could find in v2.0 was 900mAh charging, versus 500mAh in v1.0, and some kind of Samsung compatibility improvement. Samsung uses 11-pin microUSB port, and requires a specific USB-MHL adapter (or a tip adapter, 5-to-11 pin).