Official CM11 Nightlies

Search This thread

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Those of u having black screen of death an can't wake the phone u have to use a different kernel because CM11's kernel is riddled with hundreds of kernel bugs an CPU core bugs use lean kernel or temseks kernel they only have about 6 bugs

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Dont forget about yank555 kernel.. His is the best imo

netsyphen

Apr 28, 2007
The lean kernel made all the difference. Less issues overall, noticeably faster but still managed to get better battery life. 10/10 would install again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbernusg

Gerr1985

Feb 12, 2010
Chicago
Battery life was what was keeping me on Jedi Elite v5... I flashed the 1/22 nightly yesterday and WOW battery life is better. Granted I'm also using Greenify (paid version) but I was on the Jedi Elite Rom as well. (default CM Kernel and no issues so far)
I was at 96% when unplugged, 6 hr 10min later I still have 90%. I'm good with that!

I also really love the Muliwindow from TW roms which made me hesitant, but honestly I ONLY use it when in the car... I go halvsies on Navi and Spotify (or some other music player). I've learned to use and love "XHaloFloatingWindow" via the Xposed Framework. I may even prefer it over TW's MultiWindow!

For those looking for SPen for CM, simply go to the playstore and grab the following apps:
CM S Pen Add-on (ROOT)
Note Buddy (S Pen Helper)
Papyrus - Natural Note Taking
Pencil Sketch

Gerr1985

Feb 12, 2010
Chicago
Didn't find an easy answer, so maybe one of you knows. Is it possible to get Halo on CM11?

Not really being a halo lover myself, I think it is a system app built into the UI, so no its not on here. Not sure its ever been a part of the base CM roms.... I could be wrong.

There are apps that will do similar functions though:
- Floating notifications
- Portal (might not be on play store, but you can find APK likely somwhere online) (newer app)

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
There is no out going ringing when calling someone. So it makes it hard to find out if the call is actually going through or not lol

Edit: nvm, seems to be an issue on my end

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mowiemark

Feb 28, 2011
St. Louis
1/24/14 Nightly

Today nightly seems a lot better. I haven't had one black screen and no random reboots since install this morning around 6am. Yesterday I probably had 10 throughout the day. Also I'm using CM kernel. Battery also seems a lot better.

Luthien1

Nov 14, 2010
so, with cm 11 on note 3 does always listening work, can we wake the note 3 with ok google, like the nexus 5. WE have the snap 800 so we should be able to. Does anyone know anything about this?

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
Titanium works fine on ART.. They patched it within weeks of the 4.4 release

Indeed you're right. I just switched to ART again, and TiBu is fine. The only app that ForceCrashed on me upon bootup was Google's SoundSearch Widget, which I've only used once or twice anyway.

The overall increase in responsiveness with ART is small but definitely noticeable, as are the battery savings. The biggest downside to ART, IMO, is that rebuilding the ART cache (vs Dalvik) after installing each CM nightly takes many times longer. With my 307 apps installed it takes 30+ mins with ART (didn't time it exactly) vs 5 mins with Dalvik. (Only something flashaholics would complain about)

Last edited:

mlpmail

Dec 7, 2005
so, with cm 11 on note 3 does always listening work, can we wake the note 3 with ok google, like the nexus 5. WE have the snap 800 so we should be able to. Does anyone know anything about this?

With the Google Experience Launcher always listening works if your phone is unlocked and at the home screen. So far as I know, only the moto-x and maybe moto-g always listening works when the phone is locked. But if you install the Google Experience Launcher and special versoin of search it will work with the TW ICS .

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Anyone getting frequent radio disconnects? Happens every 10-15 minutes or so. Wifi seems ok.

thethirdeye

Dec 27, 2009
My bluetooth volume is unusably low, is there any known way of fixing this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you guys go CM updated their site with CM11 nightlies for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hltetmo&type=nightly

Gapps http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

Yeah, "This should have been the fix but looks like Steve forgot something" isn't super clear. And 'just watch github' does those of us who don't, ya know, *use* github and thus know what to watch for no bloody good. 'Check github and look for such and such to say such and such' would have actually been helpful to *everyone*, instead of only to people with a specific knowledge set.

Getting snippy about people asking for actually clear info just because you *think* your info was perfectly clear doesn't do anyone any good.

Exactly what is snippy about asking you to read the thread one page back????????

In fact I gave the very simple explanation early on..
    on the 29th I explained what was the cause of the issue

The issue is the result of prop updates... Hopefully it gets fixed soon but I can tell you now that as of this very min.. It has not been fixed

then yesterday I said the fix was applied

Good news... Nightly's should be fully functional again tonight

then after seeing it bomb I looked at what happened on jenkins and said this

Well i spoke to early... Looks like the build failed

then I followed up with what the fix was (see link) and that something was forgotten in it

this should have been the fix but I think Steve may have forgotten something

https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...3c80545573c7fc

This is what broke the telephone calling etc..

https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...82ee680911db2b

then when all is said and done I gave the detailed explanation

do you guys even read one page back... While a fix was submitted and applied, it was missing a piece that caused the build to bomb last night.. Unless this is fixed, we will not get builds at all.. but when it is, all should be fixed..

So.... Anything from the 3/28 to 4/1 is broken (as in you cant make calls)....

I went ahead and submitted a pullrequest on git this morning that will fix the fix https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...msung/pull/422 but until that is applied we will no longer get builds, as they will continue to bomb out, like this http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.org/job/a.../63982/console

So in a nutshell, unless you know how to build yourself you are stuck waiting until that gets patched, if you want to keep an eye on it, just watch https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri...vendor_samsung for an update to the hlte vendor folder.

What exactly is unclear about any of this? You seem to want more info, but when I provided it you just complained about github being to difficult?!?!?! Sure it was technical but we are on a development forum for crying out loud and I like to provide details with links to people that may actually want to know more.

After all that I was told that my info was unclear and that I was snippy, wow guess I need to write a paragraph like this every-time to draw it out for you, maybe we should get a whitebord while we are at it.?!?!?!

Look I am not a CM Dev and was just trying to give you guys good info. Not to mention trying to help you out, by reaching out to friends that work at CM and telling them about the issue so that it gets relayed to Steve K... Nevermind the fact that on github I commented in the very beginning that it was an issue. Nevermind the fact that I pushed a fix via pull request..

Don't like it, fine, I will go back to my ROM's thread and you can all just wait and wounder

Good news... Looks like nighlys for cm should be back up and running as early as tonight.. Although the device name will now be called hlte.. Also note custom kernels will not work until they are updated

Looks like steve posted a fix.. Builds should be live tonight and should be working properly again tonight..

Here is a link to the fix for those that are interested https://github.com/TheMuppets/propr...mmit/87e1159f7040c842f16b4517e1cce4d85a03e341

Why is everyone so obsessed with ART, its experminental, and save you .75 seconds when opening an app. Use Dalvik if you want it to be stable. Tethering works just fine.

Its not CM11 camera, its the AOSP camera. CM just adds a few things to it. In no way did they create it.

Use Focal or Lenovo Super Camera. I use lenovo and it's just as good if not better than Samsung camera.

Let's say I perform 500 actions on a typical day and using ART saves me 0.75 sec per operation, that's like an extra 5 min of drinking time I've saved... All Hail ART!!!:D

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app