[Q] Please Help!!! HTC ONE RUU.exe failed, cannot ADB or FASTBOOT. Nothing works

Search This thread

silesrap

Sep 16, 2012
Hi guys,
I hope you can help me. Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I tried looking for an answer but nothing has worked so far.
I can get into recovery or hboot but thats all. Phone is not recognised by WIN 8.1. Tried installing drivers and HTC SYNC, still no luck. It's driving me crazy. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

stovie_steve

May 12, 2012
First of all what did you try and do that has lead you to this? Are you s-off? Is your boot loader unlocked or locked?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

silesrap

Sep 16, 2012
First of all what did you try and do that has lead you to this? Are you s-off? Is your boot loader unlocked or locked?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Hi, thanks for quick reply.

I am s-off and unlocked.

I was trying to reinstall because my camera was constantly out of focus. and i read that it maybe a bug since 4.2. So the install failed and then i formated system and whatever I tried since, nothing has worked. Tried all kind of drivers etc. still nothing

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Reactions: silesrap

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
stuck

hlo sir,I m really depressed these days bcz I can't find ruu for my htc one as it shows TAMPERED RELOCKED SECURITY WARNING.. my cid is VODAP021 and mied is PN071400 hboot is 1.54 and os is 2.24.980.3... I tried to flash a guru reset with same cid no. but with slight difference in os it was 2.24.980.2 and it showed signature verify fail......so plzzzz helpppp meee....suggest me the perfect ruu

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
hlo sir,I m really depressed these days bcz I can't find ruu for my htc one as it shows TAMPERED RELOCKED SECURITY WARNING.. my cid is VODAP021 and mied is PN071400 hboot is 1.54 and os is 2.24.980.3... I tried to flash a guru reset with same cid no. but with slight difference in os it was 2.24.980.2 and it showed signature verify fail......so plzzzz helpppp meee....suggest me the perfect ruu

Unlock your bootloader and try the Guru reset again..

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
stuck

thx for replyi g sir, but when I try to give command 'fastboot oem get_indentifier_token' it says command error

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
stuck

at first I unlocked using kingo unlock bootloader...so I m not having any bin fioe of token..........and I don't have android sdk does it matter in any way...

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
thx for replyi g sir, but when I try to give command 'fastboot oem get_indentifier_token' it says command error

Have you still got the identifier token given to you when you first unlocked the phone,
Also check that its not a typographical error on your part.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

@jaspreet4140 please keep in one thread so either this thread or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2724479&page=2 whichever you prefer, but not both. thanks.
(not to mention the third one, but nobody replied there anyway)

Reactions: bored_stupid

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
re

extremly sorry sir for wrong posting........I m new here.......thx for providing informaion....
btw I unlocked my bootloader ....
another problem is now when I on phone it directly goes into clockworld recovery....bcz I flashed it before .......help me to fix it.....

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
extremly sorry sir for wrong posting........I m new here.......thx for providing informaion....
another problem is now when I on phone it directly goes into clockworld recovery....bcz I flashed it before .......help me to fix it.....

no problem, i was just pointing out that we can't follow your progress if there are multiple posts around.

So now you are able to go to CWM recovery? then just flash the Guru Reset ROM mentioned earlier (can't remember if it was in this thread or the other), and select stock recovery in the installer so you can receive OTAs.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

now this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723504&page=4 is just plain rude!! :rolleyes:

EDIT: @jaspreet4140 : I recommend you open your own thread, and start posting the information necessary, such as fastboot getvar all (excluding IMEI and s/n), and everything else that is of relevance, including what you want to achieve.

Last edited:

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
sry

last time soryyy...now I will only talk to u.......promise......
ya guru reset is my 2nd option...I was thinking of deleting cwm recovery can u tell me how.....or chnging recovery to twrp can solve this problem.............

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
ya guru reset is my 2nd option...I was thinking of deleting cwm recovery can u tell me how.....or chnging recovery to twrp can solve this problem.............

you're not understanding my point, you're randomly posting onto different threads which may or may not have the same problem (i'm leaning towards not the same problem)

and i'm not the only one you should be "talking to", both @alray and @bored_stupid have already been helping you, but you can't expect everybody to always be online. we all are in different timezones, and may have other things to do to; for example i have to sign off for a while...

So my recommendation is: open a new thread in Q&A with all the necessary information, and we'll try to help.

xda is a community, it's not about one person, it's about the group... and there are many friendly people here trying to help each other out :good:

MasterThiefGarrett

Sep 4, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/GDZHuuG.png
Can anybody help me too please?
I bought the phone, only to found out it has a crackling top speaker AFTER unlocking bootloader, rooting, custom recovery and custom rom, s-off, removing the 'tampered' status etc...
should I RUU now? (I think I should because I have a custom rom on it)
Been reading all day... very confusing lol..

jaspreet4140

Apr 22, 2014
okkkk...... I will make it tomorrow morning........but tell me how to delete cwm recovery to slove this prob..

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
http://i.imgur.com/GDZHuuG.png
Can anybody help me too please?
I bought the phone, only to found out it has a crackling top speaker AFTER unlocking bootloader, rooting, custom recovery and custom rom, s-off, removing the 'tampered' status etc...
should I RUU now? (I think I should because I have a custom rom on it)
Been reading all day... very confusing lol..
use my guide (RUU.ZIP method)
with this ruu.zip: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_...1-27_10-31-1131-05_release_310878_signed-exe/
please read it carefully, and if you have questions post there.

okkkk...... I will make it tomorrow morning........but tell me how to delete cwm recovery to slove this prob..
it will be gone once you flash the Guru Reset ROM (Guru Reset ROM includes stock recovery)... you cannot "delete" a recovery, only replace it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you're not understanding my point, you're randomly posting onto different threads which may or may not have the same problem (i'm leaning towards not the same problem)

and i'm not the only one you should be "talking to", both @alray and @bored_stupid have already been helping you, but you can't expect everybody to always be online. we all are in different timezones, and may have other things to do to; for example i have to sign off for a while...

So my recommendation is: open a new thread in Q&A with all the necessary information, and we'll try to help.

xda is a community, it's not about one person, it's about the group... and there are many friendly people here trying to help each other out :good:
    Hi, thanks for quick reply.

I am s-off and unlocked.

I was trying to reinstall because my camera was constantly out of focus. and i read that it maybe a bug since 4.2. So the install failed and then i formated system and whatever I tried since, nothing has worked. Tried all kind of drivers etc. still nothing

read FAQ 1 and 5 from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082
    OMG!!!!!!!! You are a GENIUS :D
    I installed windows 7 on a different drive and flashed RUU.zip again without any problems.

I was already looking to get a new phone :D
    Thanks again!

Your welcome

Have you still got the identifier token given to you when you first unlocked the phone,
    Also check that its not a typographical error on your part.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

@jaspreet4140 please keep in one thread so either this thread or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2724479&page=2 whichever you prefer, but not both. thanks.
    (not to mention the third one, but nobody replied there anyway)
    yes I did by that command also... it says....
    sending zip
    okay
    writing zip
    bootloader zip header checking ..
    bootloader zip info parsing..
    FAILED <remote:24 parsing android-info fail…

this comes

EDIT: I didn't realize you're using a zip that isn't supposed to be fastboot flashed, since nkk71 is helping you actively I'm adding confusion, his advice below is some of the best I've seen, I didn't mean to step on his toes.