[ROM] Stock AT&T 1.58 Deodexed

Search This thread

manofcolombia

Jun 19, 2013
Virginia Beach
Can we flash this over stock rooted with twrp as a substitute for the OTA. Cuz if I wanna take the tradition OTA I would have to flash stock recovery take the OTA and then re root.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

miller_kid

Dec 7, 2012
Tampa Bay
Can we flash this over stock rooted with twrp as a substitute for the OTA. Cuz if I wanna take the tradition OTA I would have to flash stock recovery take the OTA and then re root.

Don't dirty flash this one over stock. This is deodexed so it will screw things up. Been busy with getting the badseed Rom ready but I should have time to do an odexed version this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

manofcolombia

Jun 19, 2013
Virginia Beach
Don't dirty flash this one over stock. This is deodexed so it will screw things up. Been busy with getting the badseed Rom ready but I should have time to do an odexed version this weekend.

Awesome. Once its odexed I can dirty flash then?
Else I was just gonna wait for viper to update to 1.58 and flash that or worse comes to worse flash stick recovery and take the OTA but I know some have been having issues with that and the OTA would only get 40% done and fail because of some xml file differences

nick1313

Jan 14, 2011
Columbia
Awesome. Once its odexed I can dirty flash then?
Else I was just gonna wait for viper to update to 1.58 and flash that or worse comes to worse flash stick recovery and take the OTA but I know some have been having issues with that and the OTA would only get 40% done and fail because of some xml file differences

If you have a stock rom backup you should be able to take the OTA no problem. You just can't have anything modified in the system partition, if you do it will fail.

I just restored my untouched/unmodified stock backup and flash stock recovery and got the OTA from system updates.

manofcolombia

Jun 19, 2013
Virginia Beach
If you have a stock rom backup you should be able to take the OTA no problem. You just can't have anything modified in the system partition, if you do it will fail.

I just restored my untouched/unmodified stock backup and flash stock recovery and got the OTA from system updates.

Yea I just have to flash the stock recovery. How and where do I find it?

JValorDV

Dec 25, 2012

I reflashed the stock recovery for the OTA, but my rom backup already had some of the bloat taken out, and other apps updated. For instance, when I tried to run the OTA is said that Kindle was not as expected, since the update was integrated into the system rom. Would I then have to wait for the odexed version of your stock version, and then have the OTA included anyway?

manofcolombia

Jun 19, 2013
Virginia Beach
I reflashed the stock recovery for the OTA, but my rom backup already had some of the bloat taken out, and other apps updated. For instance, when I tried to run the OTA is said that Kindle was not as expected, since the update was integrated into the system rom. Would I then have to wait for the odexed version of your stock version, and then have the OTA included anyway?

Shoot xposed framework had to be flashed from recovery since i still have write protection on and it needed to be a system app.

miller_kid

Dec 7, 2012
Tampa Bay

The odex version I'm doing to full stock rooted this was it will take future updates.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
OK I feel dumb. Whats the difference between the Rom and the Firmware?

The word "firmware" is rather generalized and can apply to any type of program code flashed to a device. Don't feel dumb, because the term "firmware" is sometimes used on XDA interchangeably with the word ROM.

But their are other times when folks talk about "the firmware" (such as in posts 5 and 6 above) to mean "the other modules that are included in the 1.58 OTA aside from the ROM". I haven't looked at this particular firmware zip, but they can typically contain: hboot, kernel, radio, WiFi, media and possibly other modules.

These other modules are typically not needed to run a particular ROM. But it might be argued, if they cared enough to change them, there might be something in there worth installing.

Personally, I'm rarely in the practice up updating the firmware packages, and have only rarely seen it make much difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a stock bloated Rom for anyone that wants it. Feel free to use as a base.

*Deodexed
    *Rooted
    *Busybox
    *init.d support
    *Removed Carrier IQ
    *Unsecure boot image
    *@flar2 r/w and s2s mods

DOWNLOAD:

ATT_1.58_STOCK_ROOTED_DEODEXED.zip

ATT_1.58_STOCK_ROOTED_ODEXED.zip
    OK I feel dumb. Whats the difference between the Rom and the Firmware?

The word "firmware" is rather generalized and can apply to any type of program code flashed to a device. Don't feel dumb, because the term "firmware" is sometimes used on XDA interchangeably with the word ROM.

But their are other times when folks talk about "the firmware" (such as in posts 5 and 6 above) to mean "the other modules that are included in the 1.58 OTA aside from the ROM". I haven't looked at this particular firmware zip, but they can typically contain: hboot, kernel, radio, WiFi, media and possibly other modules.

These other modules are typically not needed to run a particular ROM. But it might be argued, if they cared enough to change them, there might be something in there worth installing.

Personally, I'm rarely in the practice up updating the firmware packages, and have only rarely seen it make much difference.
    do you by any chance have the new firmware?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52672520

Can you upload the untouched odexed version too please?

Sure. I'm a lillte busy today but I'll try to get it uploaded later today or tomorrow.

The odex version I'm doing to full stock rooted this was it will take future updates.