[Alpha Release] - JustHome

Search This thread

jncunha

Jul 28, 2008
Porto
I DID adjust the sensitivity... ;)

As far as the bug you're having, have you installed any keyboard sip's?

And RAM doesn't always mean faster. This ROM also had a lot of tweaks that used up more RAM but sped up the ROM. ^_^

Nope. I didn't install anything for the keyboard. I simply flashed the ROM, installed my applications (none of them keyboard related) and noticed that when I was writing some SMS's.

Yes, the ROM is quite fast comparing for example to the WM7 Titanium Projects and is indeed more finger sensitive. At least is more fluid and responsive for example in the start menu when you hit the icons with your fingers.

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
I'm running JustStable V2, Build 4. I was thinking of switching over to WM6.5 and the JustHome ROM. Is the latest version, v19, the best one, or is there a better build? Also, in terms of performance and stability, which ROM is better?

Thanks,
-Adam

someeh

Aug 21, 2008
Bronx,NY
Those are all alpha releases... there are official 6.5 releases out already but I think nobody is cooking them for the Herald anymore...I could be wrong.

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
Those are all alpha releases... there are official 6.5 releases out already but I think nobody is cooking them for the Herald anymore...I could be wrong.

Well JustHome is very close to the latest WM6.5 official releases. But all the newer WM6.5 ROM's have the official release in them. Enjoy the link, there's lots of new WM6.5 ROM's!

I'm running JustStable V2, Build 4. I was thinking of switching over to WM6.5 and the JustHome ROM. Is the latest version, v19, the best one, or is there a better build? Also, in terms of performance and stability, which ROM is better?

Thanks,
-Adam

This has been asked and ansewered many times by Ivan. He said that Just Stable is way more RAM efficient, but that 6.5 handles memory more efficiently than 6.1 . In the end, he advised me, based on my needs, to stick with 6.1.

To me, anyone enamored with 6.5 is just slightly delusional. Look how it's tanking in the marketplace. But great, a few more finger friendly menus.

If you're running this on an older device like the WING, do yourself a favor and go with proven success on Just Stable.

You seem to be flopping all over the place... Asking questions is realy good. But you give up without applying all the info people give you.

One thing to realize is that, for al its strengths, XDA-devs is NOT CONSUMER FRIENDLY. I perosnally am working on an aggegator that IS aimed at end-user consumers. But here, if you are not investing some energy beyond "what's the best?", you are losing the benefit of the knowledge base.

Those are my 2 cents :)

klokwyze

Apr 30, 2010
Just installed the latest version of JustHome Alpha and it is really good. Easily the best ROM I've flashed so far. Looks great I love the color profile and it's faster that anything else I've tried.

THANKS!

Chasg1963

Oct 11, 2010
Hi Ivan -

I have a T-Mobile Wing smart phone and I tried out the alpha WM 6.5 image from the XDA developer site (MBH file dated 4/18/09, size 54,408 KB) and it flashed just fine to my Wing phone, but after firstboot I get the message "This concludes the beta test of this software release..." and I can't turn around and flash either the original T-Mobile Wing ROM image or another ROM image onto the device if ActiveSync isn't up and running on the device (my laptop running Windows XP doesn't show a successful connection to the phone via a USB connection). Do I have to do a hard reset of the device in order to get ActiveSync running on the phone correctly so that I can flash the ROM again to something else? Thanks in advance for your help! - Charlie