[Q] Can I change data partition size for existing partition on SafeStrap?I

Search This thread

ahchah08

Oct 24, 2012
I rooted and put Jelly Beans rom on my Note 3. I accidently kept the default settings on it unknowingly. The default settings are set at 5.0GB total. I want to be able to use the full 32GB amount of internal memory for this partition. Is there a way to change the Size of it through safestrap or anything else? Or would I have to create a new partition? If that's the way I have to do it, is there a way I can just straight copy and paste the existing data on the partition to the new one?

Thanks

chickenmon

Oct 15, 2010
I rooted and put Jelly Beans rom on my Note 3. I accidently kept the default settings on it unknowingly. The default settings are set at 5.0GB total. I want to be able to use the full 32GB amount of internal memory for this partition. Is there a way to change the Size of it through safestrap or anything else? Or would I have to create a new partition? If that's the way I have to do it, is there a way I can just straight copy and paste the existing data on the partition to the new one?

Thanks

Any followup?

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
You can use the full size of the device if the ROM is in the stock slot.

If the ROM is not currently in the stock slot, you certainly have the option of backing it up and restoring it to the stock slot. You can delete the alternate slot(s) as soon as you have made the backup successfully.

If you are low on space the you will want to make the backups to the external SD card.

If you have lightly-rooted stock in the stock slot (a good idea IMO), make a backup of that too, and make sure you have copies of these backups off the device. (On the ext SD card at a minimum, on a PC even better).

Note that if you wanted to resize an alternate slot, you can use the exact same technique:
- backup
- delete slot
- generate new slot of desired size
- restore into the newly created slot.

Maybe it's just me, but if you are asking this question it suggests little practice at making backups and restoring them. You should be making backups somewhat regularly.

good luck