4.4 Rooted - PC connection problem

Search This thread

alemonte

Apr 13, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
After I rooted my 4.4, my Windows XP won't recognize the phone and the phone will only charge when connected to the pc....

Is anyone also having this issue?

alemonte

Apr 13, 2011
Rio de Janeiro

sasokutenshin

Jan 31, 2012
Nashville, TN
I used this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603358

Yes I do have the usb debugging enabled....

I have already disabled, enabled and nothing....

The only way the phone and the pc detects the usb connection is when I restart the phone in bootloader and then do a normal boot.

I've had similar issues a few times and from my end, it seemed to be some kind of quirky driver bug. This might seem so simple it's ridiculous, but the few times it's happened to me, unplugging the device and rebooting both the PC and phone before plugging back in worked. Worth a shot?

alemonte

Apr 13, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Yeah, that works but I don´t want to reboot the phone every time I need to plug it in.

Since I use the Mobizen app to use my phone from the PC at work, I plug in and out about 4 times a day....

I've had similar issues a few times and from my end, it seemed to be some kind of quirky driver bug. This might seem so simple it's ridiculous, but the few times it's happened to me, unplugging the device and rebooting both the PC and phone before plugging back in worked. Worth a shot?

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Tried every port.. Though of that when it started..

well i wish i could help but i have an unlocked phone so im not sure what your problem is. if rebooting the phone works then it is clearly the phone. you can try to kill the adb server connection in cmd and see if that works.

Code:
adb kill-server

alemonte

Apr 13, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
well i wish i could help but i have an unlocked phone so im not sure what your problem is. if rebooting the phone works then it is clearly the phone. you can try to kill the adb server connection in cmd and see if that works.

Code:
adb kill-server

I appreciate your help!

Problem is that the phone only charges when connected by the usb port, so the debugging isn't enabled by the phone and there is no adb connection to kill.
:(

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
I appreciate your help!

Problem is that the phone only charges when connected by the usb port, so the debugging isn't enabled by the phone and there is no adb connection to kill.
:(

oh, i just assumed since you can start the server on your computer without the phone plugged in and the server stays running even after unplugging the phone that you might could try killing it before plugging the phone back in (assuming you have ran adb commands on that computer and it hasn't rebooted since). But that was just a guess.