[Q] I brick my nexus, need help

Search This thread

no-tactic

Mar 9, 2014
Hello everyone.
Yesterday I tried to flash my nexus to f2fs. After that I wanted to go back to the stock, but forgot format filesystem to ext4 and run flash_all.bat.
Flashing was stopped on system write with error: "Unknown chunk type". After that i can't open recovery or turn on phone.
On 4pda i read, that bootloader reopen can help fix this problem.
When I flash new boot, nexus was died.
Can you help me?

no-tactic

Mar 9, 2014
What happens when you hold down Power + Vol down keys together? Hold them until you feel a vibration. May be the battery has died? Keep it on charge for an hour and then try to enter bootloader?

nothing happens. When I put the phone on charge, it starts to warm up a bit in the camera, but even the display does not light up.
when i connect the phone to computer, it is defined as qhsusb_bulk or unknown usb device

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
nothing happens. When I put the phone on charge, it starts to warm up a bit in the camera, but even the display does not light up.
when i connect the phone to computer, it is defined as qhsusb_bulk or unknown usb device

Your memory is no longer accessible unfortunately, you most likely need to have it repaired (new motherboard) :crying:

Reactions: samersh72

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

If all the key combinations don't work, them your device is done for! Since it's totally dead there shouldn't be any problem to RMA it! Good Luck :)

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site

Press and hold volume up while you connect usb cable to pc.
can you see download mode on device screen?
if yes read this thread entirely http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515760

Edit: try this also:
connect your phone to the pc, open device manager.
hold your power button until QHSUSB_BULK disappears, then in that split second press and hold both volume key while you still press the power key. it may end up into the second bootloader

Last edited:
Reactions: gee2012 and vin4yak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If all the key combinations don't work, them your device is done for! Since it's totally dead there shouldn't be any problem to RMA it! Good Luck :)

Press and hold volume up while you connect usb cable to pc.
    can you see download mode on device screen?
    if yes read this thread entirely http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515760

Edit: try this also:
    connect your phone to the pc, open device manager.
    hold your power button until QHSUSB_BULK disappears, then in that split second press and hold both volume key while you still press the power key. it may end up into the second bootloader

Your memory is no longer accessible unfortunately, you most likely need to have it repaired (new motherboard) :crying: