[Q] Does charging CABLE effect charging speeds?

Search This thread

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Im curious if I can use the extraordinarily large USB cable from the nexus 7 coupled with my m8s wall plug and get the same charging speeds from the higher amp charging wall plug? I only ask because HTC makes some pretty short cables and hinders my internet browsing at night abilities :good:

Sent from Tapatalk on my one m8

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Not at all. Charge away!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Length of dc wire will lead to voltage drop. Lower voltage means the unit will draw more amps to get the same wattage of power. If anyone needs a longer cable make sure it's not cheap and that it uses a heavier gauge USB cable. Unless you are fan of heat in both your charger and phone.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mlin

Zwitterion

Dec 15, 2009
Yes, but we are talking a foot or two at most here; the voltage drop would be inconsequential.

Length of dc wire will lead to voltage drop. Lower voltage means the unit will draw more amps to get the same wattage of power. If anyone needs a longer cable make sure it's not cheap and that it uses a heavier gauge USB cable. Unless you are fan of heat in both your charger and phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not at all. Charge away!

Not at all. Charge away!