[Q] Newsmy car pad quad core dt3256s faulty ANDROID BOX

Search This thread

Mr Winter

Aug 29, 2014
I was given a car stereo for a present . best present ever .
Its a duel operating system android wince

It was all working correctly for about a month then the android part became faulty.

it comes up with a error message .

bonovoHandle has stopped . when this comes up after booting the screen dulls
you can press ok but then it does the same thing.

I have had many attempts in contacting Newsmy but not one single reply. the ebay shop it was purchased from has closed down .

the windows part works well just the android is dead. I think if I was able to get firmware for it I could fix it but cant find that anywhere .

I really appreciate any help . links or advice . This website has been a big help amongst my friends but this android stereo has us all beat. Until it died this stereo was the best thing since sliced bread. Big thankyou for any help

Attachments

• androidCapture.PNG
    androidCapture.PNG
    198 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
Happy with the new operating system,
I'm now trying to connect a Mic to the Android box.
My goal is to use "ok google" and Android speech recognition.

I have used a standard USB mic, like this from Aliexpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...-Mic-With-Holder-For-PC-Laptop/875597932.html
the voice cannot reach the android unit. Since I disassembled and re-soldered the cables I assume I did some mistake..

Then with this better quality mic:
http://www.boya-mic.com/products/show-394.html
the 3,5 to USB adapter included is not Mini-USB standard so I bought a standard one, but no luck: still no signal in Android box.

There is something I have to activate?
I read several posts on the unit NU3001 about the use of the mic but maybe my unit is different.
Someone has a tip?

Edit: I noticed, i'm writing in a thread wich is not for my version: I have DT5233

Last edited:

mucthetruck

Aug 5, 2016
driver issue maybe

I was given a car stereo for a present . best present ever .
Its a duel operating system android wince

It was all working correctly for about a month then the android part became faulty.

it comes up with a error message .

bonovoHandle has stopped . when this comes up after booting the screen dulls
you can press ok but then it does the same thing.

I have had many attempts in contacting Newsmy but not one single reply. the ebay shop it was purchased from has closed down .

the windows part works well just the android is dead. I think if I was able to get firmware for it I could fix it but cant find that anywhere .

I really appreciate any help . links or advice . This website has been a big help amongst my friends but this android stereo has us all beat. Until it died this stereo was the best thing since sliced bread. Big thankyou for any help

1024x600's latest firmware is: AD3188_S_KK4.4.2_1.0.3_1024x600
http#//pan.baidu.com/s/1hquw37A
Update tool is:
http#//pan.baidu.com/s/1eQu0IQm
Sorry I can't upload them to mega or somewhere,because my network have a very-low bandwidth to upload.
I'll let you know how to download it at baidu disk.
View attachment 2951120
View attachment 2951121
And then you should unzip them all and open the update tool.
View attachment 2951125
So,the last thing you should do is connect the carpad to your computer and wait the software connect it.
if not ,you can plugin the power cord and press the reset button for 5 sec to enter the flash mode.

good luck
I have a carpad android that says Bonjo has failed so I tried to reflash android software on it . Problem is every time I connect it to pc it will not use drivers downloaded for software upgrade , instead it comes up as
2 storage devices on device manager . but it used to come up as car-pad on device manager and driver would not work from software uploaded . maybe i have wrong versions .

I opened up the carpad case to see what model it is and I am unsure of what the latest software is and were to download it in English without going through the china newsmy download site. I think once I can sort out drivers I could fix this . car pad has a sticker on circuit board says AD3188-JB4.22-CARPAD-1,0.0
hope some one could please help make my pc recognise the car pad correctly . Thankyou for your time .

Last edited:

mucthetruck

Aug 5, 2016
We really take care of your problem, yoy can add my skype for problems: summer_352.

Sent from my vivo Y17T using XDA Free mobile app
do you have a link for carpad one firmware and software as mine just boots up and then says bonovohandle stopped working . with a box that says ok , you click on box and same meassage and box comes back .
I can not get my pc to recognise it with batchtools I have . Hope you can help Thanks .

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

hey,i saw your thread in newsmy forum,
i think you needs a firmware to get your carpad reborn...
ok,i've found one for you.
here is the update image:Kitkat 4.4.2 for AD3188,800x480 model.if your HU is 1024x600,don't use this.
http#//pan.baidu.com/s/1kTso5AR
and this is a flash tool for PC,no Mac,you know..
http#//pan.baidu.com/s/1eQu0IQm

method to enter flash mode:
1.powered your android box
2.connect it to your computer
3.if you can see that software's first gray box turns pink,you got it.
or
1.unplug the power cable
2.press down the reset button
3.don't release it ,plug in the power cable.
4.you will get the pink box.

br,
zygame

do you have current links that work for this download. links have failed or deleted.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Upgraded Android with instruction and image file given:
is it normal ?
I have lost Android Box??

aypz0o.jpg

:edit
NEVERMIND! Upgrade succeeded!
This 4.4 Android version is beautiful configured this way on the carpad and I can see a better UI and user experience.
Good work for this upgrade.

In the WinCE section instead, there is still an open issue regarding RDS and its related AF (alternate frequencies) function. This function allow user to travel km and km keeping the same Radio Station tuned. This function is responsible to scan in the background for alternative frequencies of the selected station and transparently switch.
Unfortunately carpad is currently sold as "RDS enabled" but is not fully enabled.
Hope in the future the manufacturer will update this part too.

Many thanks to Summer.
I am going to pass your skype contact other clients I know who are not fully satisfied with the product. I hope you will want to give them some good advice.

do you have download links for carpad one . on the sticker inside the android box it says ad3188-jb4.22-carpad-1.0.0