[JB][412][CWM] ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 (FREEDOM for EUR-xxx)

Search This thread

Bogeyof

Nov 24, 2011
Augsburg
Very nice Dexter! Many, many Thanks!!!

I flashed V20a before unlock bootloader (after the root procedure was known), and my system was running perfect. Now i read the procedure for CWM and I did it. Unfortunally it does a wipe and all is gone...
U wrote, unlock stays after reflashing, so I ask me, what if I reflash to V10h and root it and restore my actual CWM-Backup on V10h. Then reflash again V20a and root and regain CWM without wiping (unlocking) again. Is it so possible, u think?
May be u should write a warning, unlock bootloader wipes internal SD.... (Ok it is written in the other Threads, but may be also a warning here)

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
root and regain CWM without wiping (unlocking) again. Is it so possible, u think?
May be u should write a warning, unlock bootloader wipes internal SD....

yes it will work, you only unlock once.or even better, do custom restore in CWM and restore only DATA from your backup and the JB4.1.2 will simply just upgrade data in it :)

ill make a note, but i believe others wrote that about the wipe happening when its running unlock

Reactions: Bogeyof

Bogeyof

Nov 24, 2011
Augsburg
Help! I used System settings menu to wipe before restore nandroid backup. It says it will shutdown und 2 times reboot. Now it boots allways into the new CWM-Recovery. I can say reboot as much as I want, it allways boots in CWM now. I think there should be a file, which i could delete with adb, so it should boot normally again, could someone help me please?

Edit: "Reboot recovery" in menu advanced in CWM-recovery seems to help. It has booted normal again...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim_Pan

npoldrug

Sep 7, 2009
well im stuck! When i enter reboot bootloader phone restart and lg sign is on, but on the top of screen there is nothing. And when i enter fastboot i got this (see picture). But if i unplug cable i got text running factory reset for the first bootloader unlock and thats it. Nothing happens.

Attachments

• unlock.jpg
    unlock.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 557

Tim_Pan

Aug 20, 2011
GuangZhou
well im stuck! When i enter reboot bootloader phone restart and lg sign is on, but on the top of screen there is nothing. And when i enter fastboot i got this (see picture). But if i unplug cable i got text running factory reset for the first bootloader unlock and thats it. Nothing happens.

update your tools

Attachments

• platform-tools.zip
    670.4 KB · Views: 364

AlderCass

Jan 27, 2013
Cork
www.aldercass.com

I had the exact same problem so I rebooted and ran the command again and it worked straight away the second time so I guess keep trying until something budges

icewaere

Oct 7, 2007
kkk got it ;) thx Tim Pan

regards ice

and post1 is wrong: (dial 3845#*800#) its (dial 3845#*880#)

Last edited:

jhayton

Jan 20, 2012
Code:
C:\KDZ\>fastboot oem unlock
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

When trying to install "Fastboot Driver" (CT_HsPhone_General_Drivers) I get installation error?

how to do fastboot oem unlock?

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
I've noticed people are saying when they do adb reboot bootloader they have the LG screen with "now ready" at the top, I do not have that, another piece of the puzzle perhaps?

icewaere

Oct 7, 2007
i dont know what i am doing wrong to unlock.
adb reboot works and i get the Lg screen.
the i enter fastboot... und choose unlock on Devicescreen.
After 30sec i pulled out Battery and start into hidden menü.
but all the time it says Locked ;/ grrrrr

plz hlp thx.

regards ice

Reactions: Atomix86

Bogeyof

Nov 24, 2011
Augsburg
I've noticed people are saying when they do adb reboot bootloader they have the LG screen with "now ready" at the top, I do not have that, another piece of the puzzle perhaps?

I only have to call adb reboot-bootloader, after a while I tried to send "fastboot oem unlock", waited about 30 seconds, took out battery and I ran it again. The second time there was the message ."...wiped" and "now ready". I ´ve never choosed an option unlock or so. Only the 2 commands (but 2 times reboot)...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tested and confirmed that after "Unlocked" is shown in hidden phonemenu(dial 3845#*880#) using fastboot oem unlock or adb reboot oem-unlock, we got access to install recovery from root shell in recovery or during regular bootup.

updated - now uses latest 6.0.2.8 + fixed adb usb in recovery when connecting to pc.

pre-required
    - unlock bootloader , if you got a EUR-xxx in Settings->about phoné->software version, otherwise it seems you cannot unlock your model.
    (adb reboot-bootloader ; fastboot oem unlock -> enable unlock -> wait 30sec -> remove battery)
    Some notes on Unlocking bootloader
    - try and make sure your phone is fully charged (100% if possible, this might do good for the unlock mechanism to work)
    - remember, if you s/w upgrade menu has bootloader state: unlocked - it is ok,
    - if hidden dialer menu(3845#*880#) says Unlocked, it is ok.
    - rooted v20a device (follow instructions from here ) (new easier root method)

GUIDE:
    1. when you are running unlocked bootloader and is rooted goto step 2.
    2. download attached zip files and extract content to internal sdcard location
    3. use adb shell or terminal from market and execute the commands below
    4. you are now running with native CWM recovery and unsecure boot, which enable adb root at boot instantly.

5. boot into recovery, by rebooting device and hold VOL-DOWN during bootup. (from power-off = keep holding vol-down during power on)

execute these 2 commands for recovery image install
    Code:
     su
    cat /mnt/sdcard/recovery-6028.img >/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    sync

or see screenshot here
    34t92mx.jpg

do this at your own risk, and do NOT try this on old 4.0.3, which is not with unlocked bootloader, and you are required to install KDZ again.
    note: unsecure boot is not included anymore, as it was beta v20a based.

THANKS to:
    skydev - for his continued effort in finding root and giving our device full freedom with boot/recovery.
    here the new unsecure boot from the new update (v20a aneubk)

get root, follow dexters instructions and then adb is running at root all the time and flashing with fastboot is working again (with secure boot it didnt work)
    RC from CyanogenMod posted unlocking tutorial for L9 (which now has official update). Maybe we should have wait for official release. And maybe Dexter_nlb could add this in OP. (I don't know if this is valid for our device):

Unlocking the LG Optimus L9

The L9's (p760) update to Jellybean from LG started rolling out today. It has a ton of new stuff for people who are interested in keeping the stock ROM, and another new thing that's of interest to us: the bootloader is now unlockable.

How?

Step 1 - After installing the JB update (I don't know if there are any leaks, but it so avoid them. The real update is out), make sure you have a SIM in your phone and
    let it stay on for at least 30 continuous minutes. This is important!. If you skip this step, you may end up with a permanently locked device.

... (further is not important for us)

update your tools
    Updated post #1 with CWM 6.0.2.8 + adb connection fix (now you can use adb in recovery too)