[Q] tf300t Wifi no longer turning on

Search This thread

Shourisha1

Feb 15, 2013
Hello ladies and gents, was hoping I could get a bit of assistance. I was recently cleaning out my tablet, trying to free up some room for some files and deleted a few files I was under the impression I'd left in the root folder when I rooted and installed a custom rom. That was 3 days ago, and ever since, my wifi will no longer turn on, stuck on "Turning wifi on..." I figure obviously I deleted something needed(Though I haven't the faintest what it was now) and have run into the issue that of course it can't be recovered. Nothing else has stopped functioning, and the tablet runs spot on otherwise. I have tons of apps and files on here that I'd like to keep, but I kind of need my wifi access working again. Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened, or how to get the issue resolved? Thanks in advance.

I'm running:
Android 4.1.1
wifi:v7.1.0.65
Kernel: 3.1.10that2-oc
Build: Cleanrom inheritance 3.3 - 10.4.4.25/ww deodex

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello ladies and gents, was hoping I could get a bit of assistance. I was recently cleaning out my tablet, trying to free up some room for some files and deleted a few files I was under the impression I'd left in the root folder when I rooted and installed a custom rom. That was 3 days ago, and ever since, my wifi will no longer turn on, stuck on "Turning wifi on..." I figure obviously I deleted something needed(Though I haven't the faintest what it was now) and have run into the issue that of course it can't be recovered. Nothing else has stopped functioning, and the tablet runs spot on otherwise. I have tons of apps and files on here that I'd like to keep, but I kind of need my wifi access working again. Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened, or how to get the issue resolved? Thanks in advance.

I'm running:
Android 4.1.1
wifi:v7.1.0.65
Kernel: 3.1.10that2-oc
Build: Cleanrom inheritance 3.3 - 10.4.4.25/ww deodex

You probably deleted some of the kernel init files. You should never remove any files from root or put any files there.

To fix just reinstall the ROM again, or upgrade to the latest version ;)

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Did you try re-flashing your ROM? Should re-add any important system files and keep your others.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk