Best car charger?

Search This thread

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH
Would prefer a dual usb but what is the best in ur opinion? (Sprint 7.0)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
My tab 3 7.0 won't charge on a car charger (or USB on PC either). Is it supposed to?

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA Free mobile app

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Yes, it should, as long as the vehicle power outlets and usb chargers are operational and provide the correct voltage.

Hmm. Maybe there's something up with my tablet then. I found a YouTube video for the tab 10.1 that showed to plug the USB cord in just slightly to where it makes a connection to charge, but isn't fully inserted to make the data connection. This trick is working for me with the USB PC connection and car charger. It makes me think there should be a way to change a setting or something to always make it charge when plugged in.

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
Sammy has been guilty of moving around power lines on their devices so that only there chargers and usb cords will work. Galaxy 2 phones and a few tablets won't charge on OEM or other manufactures cables.

SM-T217A
I don't have the problem. I use a belkin dual port car charger... one is 2.0A ... the second is 1.1A. Charge my note 3 and tab off the 2A plug. I can tell you the tab wont charge on the 1.1A... but the Note 3 will just super slow.

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
I have a Lenmar dual USB car charger that is 2.1A per port. That "should" charge it, but apparently Sammy blocks it. I wish there was a workaround in the firmware.

Top Liked Posts