[Q] Send pictures while in a call

Search This thread

XXchocolatetouchXX

May 3, 2011
So yesterday I'm on the phone and I go to send a picture to someone(MMS) and after a bit it came up with a box saying it failed and to retry now or later. I tried it a few more times and still nothing. I know my Galaxy S3 allowed me to send picture messages while in calls so is this a device limitation? Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is there a New law or something that doesn't allow picture sending while in calls for some reason?

Just wanted to get some feedback to see what other people are experiencing.

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
So yesterday I'm on the phone and I go to send a picture to someone(MMS) and after a bit it came up with a box saying it failed and to retry now or later. I tried it a few more times and still nothing. I know my Galaxy S3 allowed me to send picture messages while in calls so is this a device limitation? Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is there a New law or something that doesn't allow picture sending while in calls for some reason?

Just wanted to get some feedback to see what other people are experiencing.

Which app were you trying to send it through? And no, there is no new law that would stop this.

postal302

Nov 21, 2013
Nashville
Is it possible you were on wifi when you were trying? From what I understand Verizon devices will not send picture messages over wifi, they have to use the network.

XXchocolatetouchXX

May 3, 2011
Stock LG messaging app, stock dialer. Rooted device and that's about it. I noticed I actually do not need mobile data on to send and receive picture messages normally (not in a call) so I typically leave it off when I don't need it for data.

My setup when I tried was WiFi on and connected to my home network, mobile data off, and phone call present. Would not allow me to send the picture. I'll try it with data on later and see if it works.

Didn't think it was a law, Which is good. May be that the data was off. And yes Verizon phones do not send pictures through WiFi they do need mobile data for Verizon services (text,MMS).

XXchocolatetouchXX

May 3, 2011
Well weird.. Called my voicemail and sent a picture message to myself and it went through both with data on and off.

Well I must have had another issue last night where it wasn't wanting to send. Weird thing is it sent after I hit try again and was off the phone.

Only thing I could think of is that the area I was at before typically gets less coverage (although still 4g).

So I'm confused but as long as it works I'll be happy!

postal302

Nov 21, 2013
Nashville
Stock LG messaging app, stock dialer. Rooted device and that's about it. I noticed I actually do not need mobile data on to send and receive picture messages normally (not in a call) so I typically leave it off when I don't need it for data.

My setup when I tried was WiFi on and connected to my home network, mobile data off, and phone call present. Would not allow me to send the picture. I'll try it with data on later and see if it works.

Didn't think it was a law, Which is good. May be that the data was off. And yes Verizon phones do not send pictures through WiFi they do need mobile data for Verizon services (text,MMS).

Well weird.. Called my voicemail and sent a picture message to myself and it went through both with data on and off.

Well I must have had another issue last night where it wasn't wanting to send. Weird thing is it sent after I hit try again and was off the phone.

Only thing I could think of is that the area I was at before typically gets less coverage (although still 4g).

So I'm confused but as long as it works I'll be happy!

Any solutions please update us

I the solution was found. Apparently a fluke issue.

XXchocolatetouchXX

May 3, 2011
Yes, seems something else was the issue there. I figured it was the call because that was the main thing I was using the phone for. If I get anymore info on this I will share.