ROM Support - Moto G or 4X HD

Search This thread

ClarkOwen

Oct 5, 2013
I'm going to buy a new phone soon and I just wanna ask if this phone is ready for android L. Does it have developer good support? I'm deciding between this or Moto G for the ROM support.

abhi08638

Jul 11, 2012
I'm going to buy a new phone soon and I just wanna ask if this phone is ready for android L. Does it have developer good support? I'm deciding between this or Moto G for the ROM support.

Honestly this is a good phone BUT the truth is since the moto g is a newer phone, it will be easier to support. I checked out their Dev forum and it seems pretty active

don't forget to hit thanks!

Reactions: ClarkOwen

ClarkOwen

Oct 5, 2013
You're awesome :)) thanks :)) but if it were you, would you sacrifice hardware for software? Or sacrifice software for hard ware?
Sacrificing software means 0 to none ROM development but having a great top specs hardware

But sacrificing Hardware means you get a minimum 5mp cam, 8GB internal and a smaller screen but With a lot of ROM support.

Which one do you prefer?

abhi08638

Jul 11, 2012
You're awesome :)) thanks :)) but if it were you, would you sacrifice hardware for software? Or sacrifice software for hard ware?
Sacrificing software means 0 to none ROM development but having a great top specs hardware

But sacrificing Hardware means you get a minimum 5mp cam, 8GB internal and a smaller screen but With a lot of ROM support.

Which one do you prefer?

Tough choice, I think I'd choose ROM support, although I would never go lower than a 4.7 inch screen. This phone has its fair share of problems for some people like network loss, GPS not locking, bad battery life, and overheating. For other people, its completely fine but its the risk you take when getting this phone. I would rather just buy a used nexus 4 with 16gb of storage (8 is wayyy to small for me) from swappa for around $200

Reactions: ClarkOwen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Honestly this is a good phone BUT the truth is since the moto g is a newer phone, it will be easier to support. I checked out their Dev forum and it seems pretty active

Which one do you prefer?

Tough choice, I think I'd choose ROM support, although I would never go lower than a 4.7 inch screen. This phone has its fair share of problems for some people like network loss, GPS not locking, bad battery life, and overheating. For other people, its completely fine but its the risk you take when getting this phone. I would rather just buy a used nexus 4 with 16gb of storage (8 is wayyy to small for me) from swappa for around $200