T-Mobile Wing, Text Message Locking Up

Search This thread

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
I have a Wing and about two weeks ago, I put my first calendar event in it and since, it has been acting up. I deleted the calendar event and it worked ok. So last week I put another event in there I needed and now it runs a LOT slower and locks up when I try to text message. Once I slide it to use the keyboard, sometimes I can put in who I'm sending it to but once I get to the message, locks up. I can't close the program or continue typing. I close the slider and it stays in landscape mode. Every other program on here works well but sometimes slow. After lurking on here, i thought it was a memory issue, program or storage. I've done a couple things to move stuff to the memory card so it shouldn't be memory. I have plenty of space on there and nothing helps. I have an overclock program on here and run it at 228 instead of 186 but nothing changes. I also downloaded MemMaid and have played around with it trying to help but no. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? Is there a way to reload just the text program to work right again? I don't want to do a hard reset because I have almost 200 contact #'s and I really don't want to lose all those or have to write them down and retype them all in. Thoughts? I know I'm not the only one and after searching/lurking on here for a few days, i'm not finding the help needed. Thanks!!!

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
forgot to state the facts.

Storage memory 27.56mb free, program memory 16.51mb free. I did delete the MyFavs program which helped dramatically.

neiltoe

Nov 8, 2007
Albuquerque
Are you using the stock Rom? If so have you tried changing your pagepool? My experience with using the stock rom was disappointment and eventually changed to a custom rom. But I do agree with you it does sound like a memory issue.

Also I would consider finding a Contacts backup program so when it all goes to crap you are safe. There are many options for backing up so I would recommend just using your favorite search engine. But sooner or later your wing will get so unresponsive you will want to reinstall and a backup is a nice option with that many contacts.

Last edited:

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
I am going to do a backup tomorrow for sure but I don't think it's a memory issue. If it was, how do people have wings working perfectly with 4-8mb and I'm consistantly 13-16? It has to be a software issue which means it can be fixed. Anyone else have this problem? I saw a few people on Yahoo Answers but no one stated a fix to the issue. Beuller?

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
Also forgot which it just did again is once in a blue moon when I go to do a screen lock, it gives me an all white screen then won't let me unlock it. I have to do a soft reset. Another piece to the puzzle that no one is figuring out. lol

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
Lately it's starting to do it when I even try to type using IE, say to log into a gmail account or to put in a URL. Somehow the keyboard is locking up the phone all together. If I get a call during a time when it's locked up, it ends up ringing but won't let me click answer or ignore. It seems like it's memory but at all times I have between 14-16 megs of program available with over 26 megs of storage. SOMEONE here has to have an idea, right?

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
The stock T-mobile Wing rom sucks... it has memory leaks and it doesn't work very well. Very often, you try to open a program like the camera, and it will say "not enough memory to run" ... or texting will freeze up ..etc...

Best thing to do is install a 3rd party rom...
go here to find one
http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=349

I personally reccommend ITJE or ASERG roms... I've used both of their roms extensively and have found them to be the most professional, fast and stable.

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
Awesome man! I will look into them when I get home and will try them out on my Wing. I'll look into the rom you're running because I'm sure it's stable enough. My question is, do any of these roms or are there any plug ins that can let me use multiple schedules on the calendar? If I could have up to 4 or 5, that would be ideal! I use 4 different schedules for work and would like to have a personal one as well. You're my hero.

Toxis

Mar 31, 2008
Kansas City
anyone think this is a stock Rom issue? It's now starting to lock up anytime I try to use the keyboard. No matter the program. Thoughts?

Audiopro

Dec 31, 2007
Cleveland, OH
anyone think this is a stock Rom issue? It's now starting to lock up anytime I try to use the keyboard. No matter the program. Thoughts?

I still use the stock rom, of course, I haven't had any of the problems you do. It acted up when I first bought it, but I hard reset and followed the steps in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=326655.

From what I've read, T-mobiles roms are highly inconsistent. (surprise, surprise...) Some work decent if you don't mind a soft reset every morning, and some are just rotten apples. Try the mods and a hard reset 1st, but it sounds like you need a new rom.

Audiopro

Dec 31, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Huh?

Awesome man! I will look into them when I get home and will try them out on my Wing. I'll look into the rom you're running because I'm sure it's stable enough. My question is, do any of these roms or are there any plug ins that can let me use multiple schedules on the calendar? If I could have up to 4 or 5, that would be ideal! I use 4 different schedules for work and would like to have a personal one as well. You're my hero.

I'm not sure what you mean by "schedules" but there a lots of calandar .cabs out there like today agenda and pocketcm calender. Check out http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=341867