[Q] P6200 kernel with overclocking by richardtrip??

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I think he's working with acolwill on testing and releasing. He's apparently a little more aggressive than garyd9 about blind development (I don't blame gary for this - blind dev is a high-risk process, I've been avoiding it even though the I777/I9100 differences are less than your P6200/P6210 differences.). Sometimes the problem is finding a tester whose technical skills you can trust. e.g. someone you KNOW can fix their device if it goes wrong without handholding.

Sometimes kernels show up on github and are never released as binaries - such as arighi's work.

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow... that's really flattering to see some of my commits copied to another kernel! That made my day. :) I do wish he'd have taken the time to drop a message to me... just a "fyi" type thing, but that's not a big deal.

I've done recovery blind for other devices, but I can screw up all kinds of things and recovery will still work.

However, normal boot kernels are an entirely different can of worms, and there are a LOT of things that might break on these tablets. In addition, I don't have any of the 3g models, so I would have no possible way to diagnose if things went wrong with the modem. Others might be willing to tinker there. I'm not.

Take care
Gary

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Yeah, I recommended that one guy from VillainROM IRC chat with you about P6200 support (he's competent enough to unfuck his device if something goes wrong without handholding), but I guess somehow he got hooked up with richardtrip.

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Wow... that's really flattering to see some of my commits copied to another kernel! That made my day. :) I do wish he'd have taken the time to drop a message to me... just a "fyi" type thing, but that's not a big deal.

I've done recovery blind for other devices, but I can screw up all kinds of things and recovery will still work.

However, normal boot kernels are an entirely different can of worms, and there are a LOT of things that might break on these tablets. In addition, I don't have any of the 3g models, so I would have no possible way to diagnose if things went wrong with the modem. Others might be willing to tinker there. I'm not.

Take care
Gary

maybe its not working yet.. that's why its not in the forum :D anyway.. i asked a friend to help to compile it(since idk how to.. :p).. will try it when he's done..

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, I recommended that one guy from VillainROM IRC chat with you about P6200 support (he's competent enough to unfuck his device if something goes wrong without handholding), but I guess somehow he got hooked up with richardtrip.
IRC with me? I haven't used IRC since... sometime in the early 90's, I think ... Perhaps in PM?

If there was someone with a p6200 that wanted to take on kernel development (and was technically able), I'd be happy to give them a hand. Chances are good that they'd be able to get the samsung code, manually bring over my changes to the defconfig and create their own initramfs - and it'd just work. Honestly, the hardest parts to get started are the defconfig and ramdisk. The rest of the kernel changes are really optional to start with.

Of course, "technically able" implies that they'd be doing 99% of the work, and I'd just have to nudge them in the proper direction (as has been done with me.)

Gary

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I told him to PM you and say I sent you... I chat with him on IRC.

I still don't know how Pershoot manages to support 4 Tab 10.1 variants - that guy is insane.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk