[FIRMWARE][6.0.A.3.67][LT26] Xperia S (2.3.7){Cust: 1252-3921 - UK Generic}[08.03.12]

Search This thread

electric0ant

Feb 9, 2011
I have searched the forum, but to no avail.

I am looking to flash the generic firmware for my new Xperia S, as I have an Orange branded device which is full of crap.

I have tried to use Xperia Flasher to flash the generic firmware, but I get the following error message:

For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

I go into connectivity settings, attempt to change USB connection mode but the only one available is MTP.

How can I either change this setting, or just the best way to flash the UK generic firmware? I have an un-lockable bootloader.

Thanks

you use flash tool to flash the generic firmware, just google it and you will find it. the issue is i want to make a backup of my firmware first but i can't find out where its been downloaded to.

TomReigate

Jun 22, 2010
The flash tool does not work!

I apparently need to change to a different

I go into connectivity settings, attempt to change USB connection mode but the only one available is MTP.

"For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mod"

I can't chnage the USB connection mode, meaning I can't flash the firmware!

arkedk

Sep 13, 2010
Copenhagen
ASUS ZenFone 8
you use flash tool to flash the generic firmware, just google it and you will find it. the issue is i want to make a backup of my firmware first but i can't find out where its been downloaded to.

If you use SEUS it's @:
Code:
%programfiles%\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\13XXXXXX\blob_fs

If you use PCC it's @:
Code:
%programdata%\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\db\13XXXXXX\blob_fs

In there is 3 files you need to backup.
One is the loader.sin the 2 others are the actual firmware.

Reactions: tot_anusak

WhiteHartMart

Jun 7, 2008
Cornwall, UK
The flash tool does not work!

I apparently need to change to a different

"For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mod"

I can't chnage the USB connection mode, meaning I can't flash the firmware!

I had the same issue the first time I tried - I just disconnected - turned off things like USB debugging and restarted the process.

Reentered flash mode and everything worked fine although that MTP mode message did pop up again at the end.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Thanks guys for this , de branded my 3 uk Xperia S

One question when I decrypt the files there's a simlock.da file. Does his apply the network lock and if it does if I take it out and flash will that remove the network lock.

If no I'll pop down to the 3 shop and unlock there.

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin

One question when I decrypt the files there's a simlock.da file. Does his apply the network lock and if it does if I take it out and flash will that remove the network lock.

Discard the ta file! Dont force a flash of it. It holds general simlock unit data. It is not for unlocking! If you flash it like it is in the firrmware you phone will be locked against ALL networks ;)

Regards

wardy

Jun 8, 2005
Discard the ta file! Dont force a flash of it. It holds general simlock unit data. It is not for unlocking! If you flash it like it is in the firrmware you phone will be locked against ALL networks ;)

Regards

Ahh so glad you said that as I added it to my bundle as it came out of the downloaded filexxxxxx that I got from the directory. I will decrypt my files again remove it and then create my bundle.

Thank you again

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
We are working currently on CM9 for Xperia S. Someone here explained me the difference between HK and World versions, but i forgot again :D

Regards

Awesome Bin4ry, seeing you in almost every xperia project now ;) One day I'm really gonna learn about building a full rom and start making something like a miui port or something, just to add flavors to the bunch.

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Ahh so glad you said that as I added it to my bundle as it came out of the downloaded filexxxxxx that I got from the directory. I will decrypt my files again remove it and then create my bundle.

Thank you again

No need to re-decrypt everything. Just open the FTF file with a Compression-Tool, we are using "just" zip compression. So open it with 7ZIP for example and simply delete the ta file :)

Regards

Reactions: Nimche and wardy

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Awesome Bin4ry, seeing you in almost every xperia project now ;) One day I'm really gonna learn about building a full rom and start making something like a miui port or something, just to add flavors to the bunch.

Hehe thanks ;)

i have the hong kong version of xperia s.. and i have upgraded to this firmware (67) via pc companion..
if theres any help i can provide, just let me know..

If you like to help others you could upload your HK Firmware and provide a download here. I think there maybe some people which are seeking for a HK version too.

Regards

Reactions: Nimche

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
If you like to help others you could upload your HK Firmware and provide a download here. I think there maybe some people which are seeking for a HK version too.

Regards

sure no problem..

forgive me as im a newbie in these stuff..

i read from other topics in this forum that the 2 largest FILE_XXXX files in my pc (which i have already located) are relevant backup of my phone's firmware..
and so how should i proceed then?

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
okay now i have downloaded flashtool and the firmware file.. but my phone does not stay in flash mode.. do you know how to fix this ? the bootloader is unlocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,
    today there is a Firmware Update for Xperia S.

Here is the new Firmware in Flashtool Format.
    Wipe of Userdata is NOT NECESSARY.

attachment.php

Download: (Reupp to rapidshare, feel free to mirror!)
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3281823426/LT26_6.0.A.3.67_Generic_UK__1257-3921_.ftf

Upload finished!

Don't ask me what this update is about. I have no idea :D Just providing it for you!

Regards
    Open SEUS or PCC and then click "repair" firmware. It will reflash your device and download some files called "FILEXXXXXXXX" where the XXXXXXX is a number.
    This files are in the folder /db/blobs/yyyyyyyy/ where yyyyyy is a number too.

Copy out the FILE_XXXXXX files to a backup folder. Now go into flashtool -> Advanced -> Decrypt .... Put into the files from your backup and Flashtool will create you a flashable version of your Rom ;)

Regards
    i have pushed the correct loader to FlashTool repo...

it will be included in next release...

if u want to download it u can find it here:
    https://github.com/Androxyde/Flashtool/raw/master/devicesConfig/LT26/loader.sin
    md5sum: c637baa0a240af2ed8afbf1f4f241bdf
    Anyone got the HK version of the phone? perhaps we can dump those blobs and put it in the repo? :)

We are working currently on CM9 for Xperia S. Someone here explained me the difference between HK and World versions, but i forgot again :D

Regards

Regards