[Q] Google Search 3.5.14 Google Now anywhere

Search This thread

X-Nemesis

Jun 12, 2012
Kitchener
Is anyone successfully using this new Google Now functionality on their S3 where you can activate Google Now from your lock screen, screen shut off or inside any app? I installed it via another users instructions at Android Police:

You can force OK Google everywhere to be enabled. Enable debug/dogfood settings by using UnleashtheGoogle, found here. http://coggy.euroskank.com/APK...
Force stop Google Search once UTG has ran, then go into search settings, then config flags. Enable both e300 toggles, add your country code(en-US for USA) in "speaker_id_supported_locales". Save the config by tapping save config settings at the bottom.

But after doing so, it's not activating except from the home screen.

sam_1421

Jul 12, 2010
I second this question. Updated both Google Play Services and Google Search APK to the latest (manually, wouldn't show up the updates un the Play Store) but nothing new. The only setting I have is still to enable it from the home screen or Google Apps...

I'm on CM11 M7, if that matters.

izaakski

Feb 11, 2012
Ive also got an s3 running cm11. I manually installed the google services and google search but nothing has changed