[Q] Help getting my HTC One M7 to stock

Search This thread

kollarik

Mar 24, 2011
Hello guys. I'm having troubles getting my One back to stock. It is bootloader unlocked.

First the getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SERIALNO
(bootloader) imei: IMEI
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3883mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I tried everything i could find to go back to stock. I tried restoring a nandroid backup and then updating, i tried flashing RUU for my devices but that gives me an error everytime. I locked the bootloader and updating but that didn't do anything. I tried Stock ROM – Guru Reset but after OTA update to 4.4.2 the phone doesn't boot anymore.
Must be something i'm missing, there is allot of information about the One M7. Maybe there is a official rom that i could flash and go from there. Just want to have a stock rom with KK.

Thanks in advance.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Hello guys. I'm having troubles getting my One back to stock. It is bootloader unlocked.

First the getvar all:

I tried everything i could find to go back to stock. I tried restoring a nandroid backup and then updating, i tried flashing RUU for my devices but that gives me an error everytime. I locked the bootloader and updating but that didn't do anything. I tried Stock ROM – Guru Reset but after OTA update to 4.4.2 the phone doesn't boot anymore.
Must be something i'm missing, there is allot of information about the One M7. Maybe there is a official rom that i could flash and go from there. Just want to have a stock rom with KK.

Thanks in advance.

you cant use the guru-reset file because the version is too low for your HBOOT, the updates are failing causing a boot loop because they are trying to downgrade your HBOOT, not possible with s-on.

the RUU is also a lower version than you are currently running, and as you are s-on, you cant downgrade.

the only way you can get back to stock now is too unlock your bootloader, flash twrp recovery 2.6.3.3 and download stock odexed 5.11.401.10 rom from here: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co.uk/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

flash it through recovery, after its installed and your phone is set back up, if you want to be fully stock, download the recovery from the same page and flash that.

kollarik

Mar 24, 2011
Yep. I'm one of those that get this: whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix...

BTW, thank you for your qiuck reply.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Yep. I'm one of those that get this: whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix...

BTW, thank you for your qiuck reply.

Yup, I used to get that message too, I got s-off in the end with a java card by taking my phone to these guys, they also have a mail in service if your in the EU and can live without your phone for a few days:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/htc_s-off_service.htm

kollarik

Mar 24, 2011
Well if i can get it stock i will leave it like that. I had so much headache in last 2 days with this phone. :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First the getvar all:

Thanks in advance.

you cant use the guru-reset file because the version is too low for your HBOOT, the updates are failing causing a boot loop because they are trying to downgrade your HBOOT, not possible with s-on.

the RUU is also a lower version than you are currently running, and as you are s-on, you cant downgrade.

the only way you can get back to stock now is too unlock your bootloader, flash twrp recovery 2.6.3.3 and download stock odexed 5.11.401.10 rom from here: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co.uk/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

flash it through recovery, after its installed and your phone is set back up, if you want to be fully stock, download the recovery from the same page and flash that.