Im Finally Back! With some big annoucements!

Search This thread

Nerz

Jun 19, 2008
I would like to see AdamOutler go also. Seeing what he has done with unbrickable and what he could do with it getting the info he needs would be awesome.

Sent from my I897 using XDA App

Reactions: AdamOutler

chewbz

May 26, 2011
Temecula, California
Big ups to Samsung for giving some love to the devs. Kind of off topic tho, will the unpacking have a live stream or podcast?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

imitebewrong

Mar 8, 2010
Iowa City, Iowa
SamsungJohn,

I'm not meaning to harrass you at all, but is there any way you could shed some light on whether or not the Samsung Vibrant will be getting a gingerbread update?

It has been in question for a long time now, seeing as the other SGS devices got it... we are all kind of wondering why it was left in the dust. I mean, Gingerbread improves on the CPU the Vibrant is equipped with, bringing it to its full potential more-so than Froyo.

I, and many others purchased the phone on a 2 year contract with updates in mind. Its only a year old phone, it seems kind of rude that it has already been abandoned (if that is the case) I know you don't make all the decisions there at Samsung, but If you can see it from our point of view, could you maybe speak with someone that does have control over the situation?

I love the Hardware, beautiful screen, and Samsung in general... But please John, tell them they are going to lose future customers if they drop phones after such a short amount of time. It irritates people who bought a phone with the SGS label, and already people are seeing it as inferior to device to those of the same timeframe, such as the G2... Because HTC has kept the phone updated and their customers happy, Many of them will return to HTC for their next device.

Thanks for your time, and being a part of this community. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdtolic

SamsungJohn

Official Samsung Rep
Feb 11, 2011
Dallas
Hello imitebewrong,

I haven't heard anything about the update for the Vibrant. As soon as I get some valuable information I will let you know.

Reactions: imitebewrong

Nitro_123

Feb 26, 2011
Sydney
Oh Please PLEASE let AdamOutler go !! he is one hell of a hardware modder/dev kind of a guy. We all know what he's done for the SGS series............
P.S. : i wouldn't mind if Cyanogen went :D:D
And IMHO only devs should be sent (IMHO again :D)

Reactions: AdamOutler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please allow me to go. I would be able to learn the most from this presentation and I would be able to provide valuable feedback. I would ensure that I relay as much as possible to members of this site as well.

It is important that I attend this conference as I have a lot of time invested in Samsung research and development. This conference has potential to tie up a lot of loose ends, answer my current questions and springboard me onto other open source projects.

From what I have seen, something big would be announced. With my background in hardware and software, I feel I could help others understand more then most. If someone less knowledgeable were sent, the finer points may be lost in the sauce.

A lot of top brass from Samsung will be there... engineers and developers which I may never have a chance to meet again. These people have information which I need, like Exynos processor technologies and OMAP signal descriptions. If they do not have the information, these are the people who would know where to find it. When I get this info, XDA wins with documentation and new recovery/hacking techniques... I've already uncovered a lot with UBM, UART Root and others... All of this has taken months to research. Can you imagine my joy if I had a chance to sit down with a Samsung engineer and get easy answers?

Please pick me to go out to this conference. I've hacked more Samsung devices then most people on this site. I've published the knowledge I've gained about my projects on this site. If you send me, you can be sure that I will relay any knowledge gained to this site.

It would be an honor to be selected for this and I feel I could learn a lot.
    Hello friends at XDA, I haven’t forgot about you. In fact, I want to invite three of you guys for free to our very own conference...SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE!” Svetius is in charge of selecting the three that will attend.

“The Journey Has Already Begun” – Converging TV, tablet computers, and mobile phones to create a “take anywhere” digital world for customers.

Time: Tuesday, November 8 8:00AM-8:00PM
    Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160009317422522

More big announcements to come :)

Follow me on Twitter: @SamsungJohn

Special thanks to: Captainkrtek & Egzthunder
    My Vote

Adam Outler ( unbiased also ;) )

Chainfire

Supercurio

:D
    Welcome (back) John. Glad to see you here again after our private chats :)

I would of course also hope to be one of those three selected (due to being a vocal Samsung supporter since the Omnia and most of my developments being focused on Samsung hardware for years now) - but I guess that goes for pretty much everyone :)

P.S. I do have an XDA t-shirt I could wear ;)
    IMO you guys should send Chainfire (King of Software Modding) , AdamOutler (King of Hardware Modding) & Supercurio (King of Voodoo). :)