[WIP/DEV] ICS (CM9) for Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lagloose

Feb 11, 2008
It's in CM9 sources already...

Indeed it is... Interesting. I didn't check that before i had a look at the patches. But i still have some other ideas in mind...

Some notes to my config files for cooper: as i already said, it compiled out of the box. djsky already checked that all files in 'prebuilt' dir should be correct. I didn't check everything but what i can say is, that after flashing my build wifi, rotation and Networkstats didn't work. So if you'll find some errors and/or things to fix in my config files please do so...

Oh, i used the kernel of Wayland's alpha13 build...

Reactions: prateek_gemini

djsky2011

May 12, 2011
London
I want to compile first release of new cm9 for Ace at Saturday. Is device ready?

Wysłane z mojego GT-S5660 za pomocą Tapatalk

device is ready but not too sure about kernel, my port is basically identical to urs but still i think ur UI is a bit smoother on the GIO... i use this port daily angry birds and fruit ninja plays without lag (much better than gingerbread) scrolling just needs tweaking. WE need to work on slight flicker, camera is another story :confused:

edit: @lagloose, did u flash the port i sent u, have u tried using my hw and wifi directory on ur compile?

Last edited:

lagloose

Feb 11, 2008
device is ready but not too sure about kernel, my port is basically identical to urs but still i think ur UI is a bit smoother on the GIO... i use this port daily angry birds and fruit ninja plays without lag (much better than gingerbread) scrolling just needs tweaking. WE need to work on slight flicker, camera is another story :confused:

edit: @lagloose, did u flash the port i sent u, have u tried using my hw and wifi directory on ur compile?

On my way home now. Will try later...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

KcLKcL

Dec 3, 2011
Jakarta
Hm. My guess for the flicker is because the LCD difference between Gio and Cooper. Maybe we need to tweak something but I'm not sure which should be changed..

M

Macław

Hm. My guess for the flicker is because the LCD difference between Gio and Cooper. Maybe we need to tweak something but I'm not sure which should be changed..
Please....

Flickering is comming from missing latest KGSL libraries ported from 3.0 kernel to yours.... Not by LCD difference, because Gio kernel hava partly ported kgsl...

I'll fix Ace kernel at Saturday. djsky2011, can you be a tester?

djsky2011

May 12, 2011
London
Please....

Flickering is comming from missing latest KGSL libraries ported from 3.0 kernel to yours.... Not by LCD difference, because Gio kernel hava partly ported kgsl...

sure, i'll test it saves lots of people reporting errors and reduces trolling

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Please....

Maybee this will help u with Kernel: https://www.codeaurora.org/contribute/projects/qaep

MSM/QSD Android Enablement project allows users to build an Android based platform containing additional enhancements for Qualcomm chipsets.

Reactions: Vb.net.dev

lagloose

Feb 11, 2008
Latest Testresults for port from djsky...

- Boots but have reboot issues we've already seen with Waylands builds.
- Then tried my build with libs and wifi files from djsky's port. Wifi driver is loading but obviously device can't be configured. Bluetooth ok, GPS doesn't work (LOGCAT: 'failed to load location provider')
- Had the feeling that UI of my build is a little bit better, but that can be a 'placebo' feeling.

IMHO we should publish the links to the builds in this thread. So the people can play around with it and perhaps fix some errors. What do you think Maclaw, djsky ?

djsky2011

May 12, 2011
London
Latest Testresults for port from djsky...

- Boots but have reboot issues we've already seen with Waylands builds.
- Then tried my build with libs and wifi files from djsky's port. Wifi driver is loading but obviously device can't be configured. Bluetooth ok, GPS doesn't work (LOGCAT: 'failed to load location provider')
- Had the feeling that UI of my build is a little bit better, but that can be a 'placebo' feeling.

IMHO we should publish the links to the builds in this thread. So the people can play around with it and perhaps fix some errors. What do you think Maclaw, djsky ?

Ok but create a new thread for that and post both versions, let's see if maclaw agrees first

M

Macław

This topic is outdated :)

Wysłane z mojego GT-S5660 za pomocą Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts