[MOD]Beats Audio for all apps

Search This thread

kkeller87

Feb 20, 2009
Rochester, MN
So, before I flash I just wanted to ask this question. People seem to be confused with it being on or off. Does it not show the little 'b' in the notification bar? Even with the stock app?

And forgive me if I'm asking a silly question. What is " A/Bd" from the OP?

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
I have a Galaxy nexus (LTE) here, a Rezound, and 2 pairs of the same Dre iBeats. Using Play Music on the Nexus, Using HTC Player on the Rezound, same song, hitting play at the same time, 1 earbud from each phone in each ear... I can say that it definitely is not working on the Galaxy Nexus.

Not here to bash... Just posting my results. You have no idea how bad I really want beats on my Nexus. Makes me so jealous of my GF's Rezound. We're always using her phone in the car because it really does sound amazing :)

I applaud your efforts though! Thank you anyways.

Edit: I'm going to disable MusicFX.apk on the Nexus, clear dalvik/cache, reboot and see what happens. I'll be back shortly..

stoffelck

Aug 30, 2010
I hadnt seen this posted anywhere here. I found several threads where the OP had pulled this or links just went bad in other forums. From what i can tell, the first guy to make this happen was RockoDev. I dont know if he made this or if someone else did based off his work..just trying to give credit where credit is due.

That said , I have A/Bd this with the stock music app that uses Beats Audio officially...i then had the same song queued up in Play Music where i could multitask and hit play on both players that way i didnt have any pause in audio for my ears to readjust. And in my honest opinion this is the real deal.

I tested on a pair of Beats Studios , Yamaha NS10 monitors, as well as M-Audio BX8A reference monitors. Also tested in my car audio setup which isnt too shabby.

That said .. yeah guys this pretty much is just EQ . BUT , having a rather extensive background in audio engineering , i think there is an added component that doesnt get enough credit.. I believe they use some sort of software compressor that rolls off the highs as the source becomes louder , which helps reduce distortion at louder volumes and keeps that "full" sound even at capacity.

Well thats my two cents ... flash it .. bash it .. whatever :)

Take care guys .

First off dude, I like the cut of your gib. Flash it bash it whatever. Love it.

I flashed it. Awesome. Clutch got all up in my ears loud and clear over BT. Made a huge difference.
Thanks for posting this dude. Righteous find.

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
I have a Galaxy nexus (LTE) here, a Rezound, and 2 pairs of the same Dre iBeats. Using Play Music on the Nexus, Using HTC Player on the Rezound, same song, hitting play at the same time, 1 earbud from each phone in each ear... I can say that it definitely is not working on the Galaxy Nexus.

Not here to bash... Just posting my results. You have no idea how bad I really want beats on my Nexus. Makes me so jealous of my GF's Rezound. We're always using her phone in the car because it really does sound amazing :)

I applaud your efforts though! Thank you anyways.

Edit: I'm going to disable MusicFX.apk on the Nexus, clear dalvik/cache, reboot and see what happens. I'll be back shortly..

Yeah man let me know. it tested fine on my nexus Running the newest bamf paragim rom.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

It IS Lupus

Jun 26, 2010
So I rooted shortly after getting this phone and haven't really used the stock music app. Is there an audible difference?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

derickmc

Jun 18, 2010
Nampa, ID
Does this work with Pandora is it it just for music apps that read from storage?

derickmc

Jun 18, 2010
Nampa, ID
have you read the thread title? it's for all

sent from my ICS flavored HTC Vigorous Vigor. If I helped please use the "thanks" option!

Yes but the following description and comments suggested otherwise... Was just wondering if anyone had confirmed that it works with internet radio....

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
It should add the effect to all audio that passes through the headphone jack. My testing did not include pandora, but when I was A/Bing between stock and Google Music... The Google Music was being streamed so I don't see why pandora would be different.

Reactions: rpalmerin

derickmc

Jun 18, 2010
Nampa, ID
I flashed and am listening to Pandora now... It seems a bit louder but honestly i cant really tell if it works or not... Sounds good either way though. :)

rpalmerin

Mar 26, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Yeah I was hesitant about this, but I tried it anyways, running tune in music player, and wow! So much better, and cleaner ....... I love it thanks! And it being combined with Chad Goodman's anthrax kernel ...... My music never sounded cleaner !

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
Did Dr. Dre personally design this software?

I think he gave the software engineers the parameters of what they should do and they execute his vision(bad metaphor). And ultimately he signs off on the sound signature of all the products. The company, Beats Electronics LLC was co-founded by Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine (I think he's a manager or some type of Music Industry Exec) in 2006. HTC bought 51% in 2010 for $300MM. Monster is only a OEM for Beats Electronics and their relationship will end in 2013.

So no he didn't design the software but the software was designed to sound the way he wants it to sound. The headphones are designed to sound the way he likes them to sound. And they are both designed to compliment each other.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hadnt seen this posted anywhere here. I found several threads where the OP had pulled this or links just went bad in other forums. From what i can tell, the first guy to make this happen was RockoDev. I dont know if he made this or if someone else did based off his work..just trying to give credit where credit is due.

That said , I have A/Bd this with the stock music app that uses Beats Audio officially...i then had the same song queued up in Play Music where i could multitask and hit play on both players that way i didnt have any pause in audio for my ears to readjust. And in my honest opinion this is the real deal.

I tested on a pair of Beats Studios , Yamaha NS10 monitors, as well as M-Audio BX8A reference monitors. Also tested in my car audio setup which isnt too shabby.

That said .. yeah guys this pretty much is just EQ . BUT , having a rather extensive background in audio engineering , i think there is an added component that doesnt get enough credit.. I believe they use some sort of software compressor that rolls off the highs as the source becomes louder , which helps reduce distortion at louder volumes and keeps that "full" sound even at capacity.

Well thats my two cents ... flash it .. bash it .. whatever :)

Take care guys .
    i made it but thanks for the credit!!!! new update coming soon!!!!
    Did Dr. Dre personally design this software?

Do you really think Dr. Dre could design software like this? You do know he's not a real doctor right?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
    I was also wondering...does someone have a version of the DSP Manager that was on CM7 that can be used with our ROMs?
    Heres a newer one
    no problem we do it for xda'ers