[REF] Your One-Stop Shop for the Note II (Kernels, Roms, Guides, Modems, Etc.)

Search This thread

Dr. Evo

May 24, 2010
Washington, DC
I had no experience as of 1 month ago when I got my first Android phone... I was able to search and read and follow the directions to root and rom my SGN2 with 0 problems. You just need to spend the effort to read some threads and figure it out instead of expecting people to hold your hand and spoon feed it to you. You won't learn by having people do it for you - you learn by reading and doing.

I'll give you a hint though... I learned all I needed to from the "no tripping flag counter and stock rooted" thread. You can find the link in the OP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

I appreciate your last sentence, but perhaps you should have read my statement a bit more. As I said, my time is limited. I don't have hours and hours and day and days to sit around reading the endless threads on rooting. Considering you can easily end up bricking an $800 phone by just one misstep, I don't want to have to read some thread on rooting that was thrown together by someone, that reads like you should already be familiar with rooting. That's my main problem. A lot of these rooting threads have this tone that assumes you already have some experience with rooting. So it's not about "spoon feeding." It's about wanting to take the proper precautions, and I think my question clearly alluded to that.

Last edited:

reubendevries

Jan 18, 2011
Langley
I appreciate your last sentence, but perhaps you should have read my statement a bit more. As I said, my time is limited. I don't have hours and hours and day and days to sit around reading the endless threads on rooting. Considering you can easily end up bricking an $800 phone by just one misstep, I don't want to have to read some thread on rooting that was thrown together by someone, that reads like you should already be familiar with rooting. That's my main problem. A lot of these rooting threads have this tone that assumes you already have some experience with rooting. So it's not about "spoon feeding." It's about wanting to take the proper precautions, and I think my question clearly alluded to that.

Yeah everyone here has limited time. If its worth it you will do it. If it isn't then don't do it. There is no shame in not rooting your phone. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to root your phone. I have friends that just prefer not to have the hassle. In fact I bet my girlfriend would love it if I didn't root my phone as she thinks I spend too much time "improving" my phone. That being said the easiest way is to use the note 2 toolbox it basically roots the phone for you. Just download it and run for the most part.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland

The fact of the matter is that if you are worried about bricking your phone, then you SHOULD spend all the time necessary researching the process, so that you understand the procedure. This way if you read some "thrown together" instructions, you'll have enough sense in your head to not follow the instructions and brick your phone.

You can't have it both ways: too busy to spend an hour learning the process but expecting perfect instructions so you don't brick....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

marcini

Mar 30, 2006
At&t Radio on T-Mobiles Phone

Hi Guys i've seen this done in the past on other phones. So is it possible to flash T'mobiles phone with Att radio/modem, so i can use it on att's frequency?
Thanks

mdulku89

Mar 27, 2009
sgh-1317m

hi guys need ur help i have a rogers sgh-1317m (now use it on bell)that i unlocked via the whole give ur imei they send u a code then rooted it and installed avast phone worked fine for 2-3 weeks dint do much else to it now my phone will not register to the bell network rogers seems to work but bell will not at all i have tried flashing it with bell stock rom rogers stock rom ive taken it into a local store to fix but no luck no idea if its a currupt imei or whaat can anyone help its been 3 weeks i need my phone backkkkkkk!!!! thank you in advance and this is my first android so bare with me complete noob

Reactions: JrkSoldierX

wasimahmad

Nov 1, 2011
canada ont. brampton
If your phone is rooted you can try cleanrom 3.5 which comes with rogers.bell and telus.i hop should works wen you installe rom its taks aroma setting then you can chose rogers or bell i can say try bell i think comes with bell modem .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Last edited:

ViciousMo

Dec 2, 2012

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2031989&postcount=45

Reactions: Meinlein

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
OP has been updated with new AOSP-based roms, kernels, and tools.

Will update the rest sometime this week. Unfortunately the version number won't always be the same as the most up-to date one, as I do not have the time to be on here everyday editing the dates. I will try my best to keep up with the devs updates.

srkoza

May 6, 2011
Ottawa
Apn for bell

hi can anyone add the LTE Bell APN? i flashed mymiui and everything works great except im only getting 3g and i forgot to save my APN settings lol silly me if any one can send theirs id be grateful :)

plemen

hi can anyone add the LTE Bell APN? i flashed mymiui and everything works great except im only getting 3g and i forgot to save my APN settings lol silly me if any one can send theirs id be grateful :)

Here you go:

APN - ltemobile.apn
Proxy - <not set>
Port - <not set>
Username- <Not set>
Passwors - <not set>
Server < not set>
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS - Port 80
MCC - 302
MNC - 720