My N7000 project

Search This thread

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Samsung_Galaxy_Note_Blue.jpg

A friend of mine recently was playing with his Samsung Galaxy Note and the phone somehow froze during a flash and he got the battery out. The phone after that wasn't turning on and he sent it to a local service shop. The service shop tried JTAGing the phone with Riff box but probably the servicer who was trying the JTAG screwed the EMMC chip even more and completely fried it. He told me all of this and I thought of the idea buying the phone so I decided to offer him 100 euros... and he agreed.

riff_jtag.jpg

After 3 days of Google-ing, searching everywhere on the internet and trying everything (even for other phones), I found that the only solution for this phone is replacing the EMMC chip which costs 60 euros if I order it from here (I haven't found any other website to order N7000 EMMC chip but if you know some other, please share!).

Now I'm going to order this chip tomorrow and it should arrive in a week so I'll post the progress of my project. :)

Thought of sharing my experience with buying and repairing a completely screwed up phone that even JTAG couldn't fix it.

T19YjyXgRXXXXjVlE4_054025.jpg_310x310.jpg

Click here to read last update post...

Тоtal money spent: 125 euros.

Last edited:

gszabi

Jul 1, 2010
Do you have any kind of infrared soldering equipment? Are you removed the old emmc? Is it glued? (Ofcourse it is!) :)

Do you have any high level soldering skill? Special flux gel, reball equipment? Ok i dont bothering you more im just trying to told that it will be a very very very hard project for a man who dont trained specially for these kind of work.

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Do you have any kind of infrared soldering equipment? Are you removed the old emmc? Is it glued? (Ofcourse it is!) :)

Do you have any high level soldering skill? Special flux gel, reball equipment? Ok i dont bothering you more im just trying to told that it will be a very very very hard project for a man who dont trained specially for these kind of work.

I have a local electrician over here which is willing to solder the specific BGA chip. I know that is a hard thing to do by your own. :)

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
Everytime i started any such mission. It always leads to ruining the equipment. I have damaged my microwave, laptop operated it to clean the fan, my old tv and so many other goods.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Order placed

Guys I have placed the order of the chip at parts4repair.com . I hope the shipping time of the item will be fast because it's not a big thing and it will be processed fast trough postals and customs. It should arrive for about 2 weeks so stay put. :)

Everytime i started any such mission. It always leads to ruining the equipment. I have damaged my microwave, laptop operated it to clean the fan, my old tv and so many other goods.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

That's why is better to take the motherboard to a local electronics technician and he'll do all the nasty work.

Last edited:

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Guys I have placed the order of the chip at parts4repair.com . I hope the shipping time of the item will be fast because it's not a big thing and it will be processed fast trough postals and customs. It should arrive for about 2 weeks so stay put. :)

That's why is better to take the motherboard to a local electronics technician and he'll do all the nasty work.

Lol I can't wait to see the result of this :D

Tapatalking on my n7000

BojanMK

Oct 25, 2011
bojanstojanovski.com
Why would I need the old IMEI? After soldering the new chip on the motherboard, the new chip brings new IMEI to the phone. The phone has no warranty so basically I don't need any proofs for the IMEI or that stuff. I don't care about that at all.

Check the Desire S EMMC replacing thread on this forum and you'll see that the phone got new IMEI with the new chip and it works just fine. :)

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Why would I need the old IMEI? After soldering the new chip on the motherboard, the new chip brings new IMEI to the phone. The phone has no warranty so basically I don't need any proofs for the IMEI or that stuff. I don't care about that at all.

Check the Desire S EMMC replacing thread on this forum and you'll see that the phone got new IMEI with the new chip and it works just fine. :)

If this its true then I'm not sure about the legality of this thread/procedure anymore...

In a nutshell you are saying.. It doesn't matter if you get stolen notes.. You only need to replace EMMC and you even get a new IMEI? Erm

Tapatalking on my n7000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung_Galaxy_Note_Blue.jpg

A friend of mine recently was playing with his Samsung Galaxy Note and the phone somehow froze during a flash and he got the battery out. The phone after that wasn't turning on and he sent it to a local service shop. The service shop tried JTAGing the phone with Riff box but probably the servicer who was trying the JTAG screwed the EMMC chip even more and completely fried it. He told me all of this and I thought of the idea buying the phone so I decided to offer him 100 euros... and he agreed.

riff_jtag.jpg

After 3 days of Google-ing, searching everywhere on the internet and trying everything (even for other phones), I found that the only solution for this phone is replacing the EMMC chip which costs 60 euros if I order it from here (I haven't found any other website to order N7000 EMMC chip but if you know some other, please share!).

Now I'm going to order this chip tomorrow and it should arrive in a week so I'll post the progress of my project. :)

Thought of sharing my experience with buying and repairing a completely screwed up phone that even JTAG couldn't fix it.

T19YjyXgRXXXXjVlE4_054025.jpg_310x310.jpg

Click here to read last update post...

Тоtal money spent: 125 euros.
    Got the new chip...

Yesterday I received the new chip (without program) which is SanDisk SDIN5C2-4G. A 4GB chip almost the same as the original KMVISOOOLM-B503 from Samsung, but this mother****er didn't had any contacts (the chip was flat, I have no idea how they can send this stuff like this) so my technician had to make one for it and he really sweat on this one. After hour struggling with the contact, the chip got in place on the motherboard which the contact pins from the motherboard got revived again with some trick of his and I have seen members on this forum crying about the missing contact pins they can't get fixed! If someone is interested, I can ask my technician to share a tutorial or something on how to get the contacts fixed in no time. :cowboy:

Tomorrow is the D-Day... my technician will try J-Tag recovery on the phone with this new 4GB chip and if everything goes well, I should have my phone working with an IMEI and all other crap working flawlessly. So, I'll post the result tomorrow. :fingers-crossed:

Money spent till now: 180 euros (hopefully I'll get the refund from the old chip which is 60 euros)
    As msedek says, not sure how legal this procedure is, especially without restoring official imei. Sorry mate, gotta report it... But then again, I really wanna see how this turns out!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I'm sharing the procedure of how to fix a completely bricked Note. It your opinion if you're going to believe that I bought this phone for 100 euros or not. I got the original box of the phone and a statement from the official service for Samsung in Macedonia that they are not able to repair the phone and the only solution is replacing the motherboard which costs 200 euros.

This thread is made for educational purposes and if you report it, you definitely don't like helping people. What do you think, I can't just simply fix my phone without sharing the adventure I'm having? I have spent 100 euros on a phone that I had no idea what's wrong with it. You don't know how much 100 euros are worth over here and believe me, nobody likes to pay 100 euros for something that doesn't works. For 100 euros you can buy a good Android smartphone, for example Sony Xperia Tipo.
    The chip arrived today guys and I'm going to leave my motherboard with the new chip at the technician. I'll post the results later tonight, stay put. :p

QBmzI7v.jpg

391BFGl.jpg
    New n7000 Motherboard

I've read somewhere about how to find a new efs imei stuff for your phone, a new generic one. If you got hope, you might find it around.

mobi323, that is a resonable price! Where you've bought your motherboard from?

aliexpress.com