[Q] NB4 phone with SS and installing ROM

Search This thread

pctechdroid

Mar 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I got the NB4 update and was able to re-root via an older version of Kingo. Got SS installed and want to install a custom rom on the device. When i'm reading through the instructions, it wants me to flash via ODIN some files.

Can anyone explain on why I have to flash via ODIN files to get the ROM to install on SS? I did install one before and it didn't need and re-flashing.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Because you are flashing a KitKat ROM.
You need the BL, AP and CP to be flashed in Odin in order for the ROM to boot and function properly.

You will also have to flash the ROM to the stock slot or it will not work correctly.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CtrlAltDeeleet

Mar 9, 2014
Kingo?

I got the NB4 update and was able to re-root via an older version of Kingo. Got SS installed and want to install a custom rom on the device. When i'm reading through the instructions, it wants me to flash via ODIN some files.

Can anyone explain on why I have to flash via ODIN files to get the ROM to install on SS? I did install one before and it didn't need and re-flashing.

What was the older version of Kingo you used? I am trying to re-root after this update as well. Thank you. =)

e_peres

Mar 16, 2014
Toa Baja
Thank you very much! Was hoping this was so.

I used the most recent kingo 1.2.2 a it gave me root, I had to make sure the I had no virus software's activated during the flashing or it would just sit there and do nothing and also make sure you put 10 min. on screen timeout............. Now all I need is to look for is some custom NB4 Rom's ( I think) 4.3 JB to flash and play, I finding that untill the OTA 4.4 KK gets rooted I won't venture forward........:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.1.5 has been reported to work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app