So what color m8 did you go with?

Search This thread

cksdayoff

Jul 25, 2011
i went with the silver. i was about to purchase the gunmetal grey at the att store but the employee told me they just got in a couple silver ones.

P05TMAN

Aug 15, 2011
Boulder, CO
Gray was all they had left, so I went with the obvious because I didn't want to wait. Gonna get a case anyway.

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Silver is the best. Did not care for the gold, looks a bit feminine to me!
Gunmental looks great but it shows scratches almost as bad as black and something about the speaker grilles made them appear to be stuck on decals.
Silver, OTOH, looks perfect. Same finish as a Macbook Pro!
And being the underlying metal is aluminum, scratches, even deep ones, won't stick out like a sore thumb.
Personally I like the appearance of black the best as was my M7 BUT you have to be super duper careful because scratches, even smaller ones, are GLARINGLY obvious. If you're even mildly OCD they will haunt you like a small, hard object in your sock poking at your foot with every step...

Silver is the best. Did not care for the gold, looks a bit feminine to me!
Gunmental looks great but it shows scratches almost as bad as black and something about the speaker grilles made them appear to be stuck on decals.
Silver, OTOH, looks perfect. Same finish as a Macbook Pro!
And being the underlying metal is aluminum, scratches, even deep ones, won't stick out like a sore thumb.
Personally I like the appearance of black the best as was my M7 BUT you have to be super duper careful because scratches, even smaller ones, are GLARINGLY obvious. If you're even mildly OCD they will haunt you like a small, hard object in your sock poking at your foot with every step...

Wouldn't the black one make the green LED stand out better?:p

nelonez

May 22, 2010
Gunmetal for me with a clear case to to show off this beauty...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Wouldn't the black one make the green LED stand out better?:p

Funny you mention this. The way it's implemented, probably not...

However, when the GS3 came out I bought one in white and liked it...sort of. Until the LED lit up and I could see the entire area AROUND the LED glowing. Hated how that looked. Of course on SEC and Apple devices black is the way to go because a light bezel around the screen doesn't do it for me. Just makes things harder to read.

Again, IMHO/E, of course.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Exchanged my Gunmetal Grey for the Glacial Silver, on the 14th last day I could. And I LOVE the Silver IMO.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Silver Here. Had all three colors and silver has been my favorite.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

adocorp

Nov 8, 2011
I saw the gold and was not a big fan of it. I got the gun metal color. Silver is pretty nice too..

> Ari

Aug 13, 2014
Gunmetal Grey! Too bad I waited so long and had to use Sunshine to S-off though :(