Scosche Galaxy Tab Leather Case (from TMo Store) - Review

Search This thread

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
2. Handhelditems.com They also have a clone but this one has the carbon fiber look. I've ordered from here and they shipped quick. They list as shipping internationally as well.

http://www.handhelditems.com/luxury...axy-black-free-screen-protector-p-154711.html

Good luck.

I just ordered this one with 20% off code "galaxytab20" which still works. Based on the description it should be fabric-ish material on the outside, not leather. For ~$20 not a bad deal for the tri-level cover.

codewisp

Dec 4, 2010
Quezon City
I just got mine today, had my sister in the US bring it home to the Philippines. One of the downsides of being here, is that accessories like this don't exist.

I originally wanted the Zenus case, and found that there were a few people selling it here (imported of course) but for Php6500 (twice the price, equivalent to $150+). So I just had my sister buy this for me, and I can say that it's not what I expected.

It's very comparable to the Zenus case when I saw one and I'm loving it. :D

Guitar4Him

Nov 30, 2010
Can you check radio and gps signal with the case on and off. with my zenus I see drastic differences

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

I have the T-Mobile (official Scoshe version) of this case. I live in a low-signal area (Edge only) and I observe no signal difference with the case on or off.

This has to be the best-designed case for the Tab. It protects it very well and adds almost no additional bulk. I especially like folding the flap around to the back. That little tab really acts as a stabilizer when using the Tab in portait mode.

Ken

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
THANKS going to order this one. Did you get it is it good? For the price i am taking a shot thanks for the xtra discount.

I wish I had that coupon code when I ordered. But still, at ~$20, it isn't a bad case. I like the tri-level positioning it offers. Mine sticks a bit in the upper left corner when folding, probably due to inexact manufacturing tolerances, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Dec 3, 2010
I wish I had that coupon code when I ordered. But still, at ~$20, it isn't a bad case. I like the tri-level positioning it offers. Mine sticks a bit in the upper left corner when folding, probably due to inexact manufacturing tolerances, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Yeah its a good price either way. Mine comes today hopefully but now i just realized it probably wont work in the dock. So I am going to need to take it on and off (pain) and probably should have just gotten that little portable stand and a sleeve.

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
lol, I noticed the smell too, but I figured it would dissipate over time. I've had it for about a week now, and it's definitely not as bad as it was the first few days.

Dec 3, 2010
2. Handhelditems.com They also have a clone but this one has the carbon fiber look. I've ordered from here and they shipped quick. They list as shipping internationally as well.

http://www.handhelditems.com/luxury...axy-black-free-screen-protector-p-154711.html

Good luck.

I bought the same at Handheld items.

If you use the coupon code 'galaxytabcarbon', you can get it for $14 + shipping.

THANKS guys! LOVE LOVE LOVE the case WHAT A DEAL!!

I am send the SAMSUNG/VZW DOCK back for a refund now.

thanks for the info!

Aug 8, 2007
Thanks for this review. I just ordered one of these from amazon today, & it should be here next week. $45 with free shipping.

dudu7559

Oct 23, 2005
Milan
I just picked up the Scosche case from a TMobile store.. I had to hunt around for it, most stores only had the Incipio case. A warning on that one, do not buy the incipio case, the tab that acts as a stand is held in by 2 very tiny plastic nubs and mine broke within 1 hour of owning it.

On to the review!

5230222382_771af41968.jpg

5230221526_11f4954660.jpg

The case is extremely well built on the inside and outside, the leather is wrapped around a very sturdy frame. The case attaches to the Galaxy Tab at two main points on the top and bottom. It sort of hugs the tab, it feels extremeley secure, and no amount of shaking could free my tab from the case. All of the buttons/ports are open and every corner is cusioned from drops.

5230223194_8c0e14268b.jpg

5230225016_d76294f455.jpg

The case features a very unique method of standing up, that I find superior to any case I've tried thus far. Because the corners aren't secured to the case, the case can piviot around the device allowing the tab to sit within the grooves on the top cover. This allows it to have 3 levels of orientation, the back groove, the front grove and against the latch. The latter is preferred for typing on the device, as it places the tab at just the right angle. While angled, the device is very secure, and not wobbly at all.

There are two advantages of this case style over other cases.. one the top cover is hidden under the device while in use, and the other is that the angle can be changed, unlike most flip-out tab covers.

5230227154_992d94acd0.jpg

5229641125_4154425492.jpg

5229639147_8cb6172934.jpg

Finally, the case closes by 'hugging' the device in much the same way the case grips the device, there is almost no chance the case can come open accidentally.

That's all folks, if you'd like more pictures let me know! I hope this is helpful for anyone looking for a case. Right now I believe it is only available at TMo for $50. I would give it a look before spending $70+ on a similar case.

Great review man :)

The case is also available on www.expansys.com and the retail price is €38.08 shipping included.
This is such a real bargain. Compared to other crappy cases, this one fits the needs of everybody who aims at a safe protection for the SGT.

Cheers

Last edited:

jah

Great review man :)

The case is also available on www.expansys.com and the retail price is €38.08 shipping included.
This is such a real bargain. Compared to other crappy cases, this one fits the needs of everybody who aims at a safe protection for the SGT.

Cheers

I have ordered a similar looking case for $20 - I will post a review once I receive it. See here for a link: http://shop.brando.com/leather-folio-for-samsung-galaxy-tab_p05200c1229d011.html

Aug 8, 2007
Just received mine in the mail today & really like it! Got it propped up on my lap while typing this, and there's no movement from it at all as I type. Ordered it on Amazon Thursday morning and already got it today. Very slim case that adds virtually no bulk at all. If you're thinking of getting one, I highly recommend it. $44.99 with free shipping.

knut150

Jan 20, 2011
I have the same, got it from Tmo store for $34.00 and like everybody else I think this is the best case for the Tab.

HotInEER

May 22, 2010
Frederick, MD
I just picked up the Scosche case from a TMobile store.. I had to hunt around for it, most stores only had the Incipio case. A warning on that one, do not buy the incipio case, the tab that acts as a stand is held in by 2 very tiny plastic nubs and mine broke within 1 hour of owning it.

On to the review!

The case is extremely well built on the inside and outside, the leather is wrapped around a very sturdy frame. The case attaches to the Galaxy Tab at two main points on the top and bottom. It sort of hugs the tab, it feels extremeley secure, and no amount of shaking could free my tab from the case. All of the buttons/ports are open and every corner is cusioned from drops.

The case features a very unique method of standing up, that I find superior to any case I've tried thus far. Because the corners aren't secured to the case, the case can piviot around the device allowing the tab to sit within the grooves on the top cover. This allows it to have 3 levels of orientation, the back groove, the front grove and against the latch. The latter is preferred for typing on the device, as it places the tab at just the right angle. While angled, the device is very secure, and not wobbly at all.

There are two advantages of this case style over other cases.. one the top cover is hidden under the device while in use, and the other is that the angle can be changed, unlike most flip-out tab covers.

Finally, the case closes by 'hugging' the device in much the same way the case grips the device, there is almost no chance the case can come open accidentally.

That's all folks, if you'd like more pictures let me know! I hope this is helpful for anyone looking for a case. Right now I believe it is only available at TMo for $50. I would give it a look before spending $70+ on a similar case.

Thanks sooooo much. I have been looking for something like this. I bought it on ebay for $13. Best $13 I ever spent. Way better than the Samsung OEM one I spent $50 on. $100 if you count the one I bought my wife also.

curney

Jan 28, 2008
I got mine on eBay last week for $12 shipped. Love it.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Convertible Carbon Flip Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab

I bought the same at Handheld items.

If you use the coupon code 'galaxytabcarbon', you can get it for $14 + shipping.

On to the review!

There are 2 places you can get a clone of this from.

1. There is a clone on ebay. Here is a link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Screen-Protecto...456822?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5196afd576

Good luck.
    For those interested, Boxwave appears to have the exact same design except in a carbon fiber type pattern. You can view it boxware dot come. Sorry can't post links yet.

I think this one is a little cheaper as well.