ParanoidAndroid CM10Hybrid by JamieD81 Q & A

Search This thread

Matt Bernius

Jan 17, 2008
Rochester
www.waking-dream.com
Update on this problem:
The first time I used a audio file player (typically either Mort or one built into file managers) after a reboot, the application hangs and eventually force closes without playing anything. The audio file's I use are located on the external SD card or being played off of the network. After that initial FC everything then plays ok every time..

I just flashed Jamie's amazing 4.2.2 ParanoidKANGDroid Build (with all the necessary data and cache wipes) and the problem continues.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what I did the to phone that's causing this (especially since it's continuing through multiple reflashes of the same ROM and now an update to a completely new ROM).

BTW, Jamie, thanks for all the amazing work. 4.2.2 is teh shizit!

Last edited:

cgg123321

Jan 12, 2010
Update on this problem:

I just flashed Jamie's amazing 4.2.2 ParanoidKANGDroid Build (with all the necessary data and cache wipes) and the problem continues.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what I did the to phone that's causing this (especially since it's continuing through multiple reflashes of the same ROM and now an update to a completely new ROM).

BTW, Jamie, thanks for all the amazing work. 4.2.2 is teh shizit!

I think its a JB problem with all i717 roms. Everynight I use my alarm clock (it plays MP3's) I have to force FC it by trying to play a song. It works after that.

You probably have to use ICS if you don't want that audio issue (im too lazy to switch but I might be forced to soon).

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
hey does anyone know why when i change the color of my buttons on my nexus 4 when it lock the screen and its in lockscreen mode it goes back to stock help me someone!!

I think you're lost, my man.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

there hasnt been facebook sync native in android for awhile now..

there is some program that will do it for you check out hacksync or something like that cant remember as i never sync social media with my phone contacts, just becomes a clusterf*#% mess

It's called HaxSync, available in the Play Store. For all JB ROMs, you also have to download the HaxSync JB workaround (also in the Play Store)...something with JB messes with the original app or something.

Matt Bernius

Jan 17, 2008
Rochester
www.waking-dream.com
A fix for the first song FC after reboot problem was posted on a i717 General discussion thread:

Common problem for jellybean roms.
To fix you need to edit your build prop.
Change the lines "lpa.decode=true" and "lpa.use-stagefright=true" so they are "lpa.decode=false" and "lpa.use-stagefright=false". [Make both values false]
Reboot.
then problem should be fixed.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but other report the fix works. If it does, perhaps Jamie can build it into the next ROM when he get's back to developing and past all the family stuff.

thekrush

Feb 11, 2007
Irvine
Instaplace - Blank Image

Have been using this ROM as my daily driver and it's nearly flawless however one app doesn't seem to work: Instaplace. Whenever I share images to my social networks (or even email), the end result is all I get is a black image with the Instaplace logo...does anybody else use Instaplace (and can confirm) that they are getting the same thing on this ROM? I am unsure if it's a CM-specific issue (or app incompatibility). I emailed byss mobile describing the issue but who knows when they'll get back to me.

Thanks in advance any help and/or direction.

NullUser

Mar 13, 2012
Greetings. I can seem to find any settings for the homescreen or launcher.
Without using a different theme, is it possible to do the following?

-remove fixed google search widget that is at the top of the homescreen?
-can I change from 5 screens to 3?
-can I remove the dock/launcher all together for using the device in table mode?

Many thanks to the dev, and thanks for setting up this Q&A

It's all under settings->Launcher->Homescreen

sakibchy

Nov 29, 2011
Sylhet
overlapping videos ??

Before i address the bugs, i must say, this is the fastest and quite stable rom i have used in i717 ! Now the bugs are listed below , so that i found :

1 : Reboots always when use for prolong time, say , editing photos , or watching videos for long ....

2 : Very rarely mobile network goes offline , you would only notice when you see empty network bar and angry messages from people who tired calling before,, !

3 : The most bothering , is The video playback issue,,,,, not smooth for a snapdraggon dual core !! 1080p always overlaps when played and settings , navigation etc are hidden behind the video when its playing .....

4 : same with youtube, when plays video, the video coversup and button fall underneath , meaning cant see volume or res changer..... etc/

please any fix possible... ????

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Before i address the bugs, i must say, this is the fastest and quite stable rom i have used in i717 ! Now the bugs are listed below , so that i found :

1 : Reboots always when use for prolong time, say , editing photos , or watching videos for long ....

2 : Very rarely mobile network goes offline , you would only notice when you see empty network bar and angry messages from people who tired calling before,, !

3 : The most bothering , is The video playback issue,,,,, not smooth for a snapdraggon dual core !! 1080p always overlaps when played and settings , navigation etc are hidden behind the video when its playing .....

4 : same with youtube, when plays video, the video coversup and button fall underneath , meaning cant see volume or res changer..... etc/

please any fix possible... ????

you do realize you are posting about a year after the fact don't you?

Jamie no longer develops here for the Note, no longer has the Note and don't believe he is supporting his threads here anymore. 4.2.2 is pretty much last years development and all these bugs were well documented and most have moved on as 4.3 and 4.4 have vastly improved our devices.

sakibchy

Nov 29, 2011
Sylhet
yet the finest rom i used !

Jamie no longer develops here for the Note, no longer has the Note and don't believe he is supporting his threads here anymore. 4.2.2 is pretty much last years development and all these bugs were well documented and most have moved on as 4.3 and 4.4 have vastly improved our devices.

i understand its been a while since this rom was build, but i have tested other roms , not to mention pure cynanogen , miui ... aokp etc. But this rom im using "paranoid 2.57 Cm10 JB 4.1.2 is the fastest , most stable among rest of the custom roms of JB . if the force restart could be fixed, i would never worry and use this rom as long as the i717 last :)

But, because S pen root and other apps require 4.2.2 i find it better if i could update to 4.2.2 with the same smoothness and fastness of paranoid rom .

So sir, please could you address me some threads or roms where i can get a stable daily use rom like paranoid, ....

(4.4 kills the camera and so no go for me, also less responsive and sluggish ...but that was cm11 i was trying )

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
i understand its been a while since this rom was build, but i have tested other roms , not to mention pure cynanogen , miui ... aokp etc. But this rom im using "paranoid 2.57 Cm10 JB 4.1.2 is the fastest , most stable among rest of the custom roms of JB . if the force restart could be fixed, i would never worry and use this rom as long as the i717 last :)

But, because S pen root and other apps require 4.2.2 i find it better if i could update to 4.2.2 with the same smoothness and fastness of paranoid rom .

So sir, please could you address me some threads or roms where i can get a stable daily use rom like paranoid, ....

(4.4 kills the camera and so no go for me, also less responsive and sluggish ...but that was cm11 i was trying )

Well, I am sorry that our definitions of stable are different. The random reboots you speak of are what plagued many and brought most to conclude that 4.2, while pioneering at that time, was considered the most unstable. 4.1.2 is going to be most stable of the JB roms and 4.3 was a dramatic improvement from 4.2. Personally I felt Hellybean was very well rounded. Remember every phone will run a bit different.

Make sure you are clean. It will prevent those little hiccups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan

I do too have a note it's just used as a paperweight now lol :)

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: captemo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM development thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686320

... Always READ the first FOUR posts in the development thread (again & again) ...

... Please post your questions & comments here, NOT in the development thread ...

see no-nonsense installation instructions >>here<<

:good:
    I am so ****ing aggravated. I cant manage to get everything to look nice on this rom. Either the lockscreen is too big, or the ****ing piece of **** slider for the phone is off centered. Im sorry but I am more than frustrated with this. I have spent all morning trying to get it to look nice and one thing just ****s up another. And why do notifications on the statusbar come up with 2 pictures? Can anyone help me Im seriously about to dump this rom it is way way too frustrating to deal with. And WHY THE **** WOULD I WANT TO SPEND HOURS setting all the apps individually? HOW ****ING STUPID IS THAT?! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SET A DEFUALT DPI, and then EDIT AS YOU SEE FIT with the DPI changer. I cant believe that this feature was available before, then they took it out to replace this pos system. Yeah Im well aware Im raging this was never ever an issue, I would get my rom running exactly the way i like it in less than 10 min. THis has taken over 6 hours. ****ing stupid.

Im aware you can change the default DPI in the properties thing I did that and its good but regarding the phone it doesnt seem to make much of a difference. My phone slider is still off center and its driving me ****ing crazy. How do i get it to stay in the middle? Ive searched and tried all the things other people said work and nothing works!

You do have an option mate...leave this thread and forum if you are so unhappy. No more posts like this where you felt that you did not get what you paid for...oh wait a minute, you did not pay for anything.

No more warnings....either chill out or I will take care of you personally!!! :cool:

Regards,

M_T_M
    Senior Moderator
    so...
    camera works
    video recording works
    adb works
    usb to pc works

settings-storage=fc

not bad :p
    From the Moderator

To All in this form stay on topic, do not bash this work or any other devs work in XDA....... It is a real low class thing to do and all you will get is nothing for the effort. Try to learn a bit more before complaining.... A great Idea........LOOK UP THE INFORMATION try to figure a plan for a fix (2-3) then come here and ask a question..... you will get alot more help demonstrating that YOU the question asker thought about and tried to figure a solution (s)

In a good mood, so I am going to shed some light on some of the problems people are having why on some ppl's phone... things work and others, it does not.........

All phones are not the same Even if you have a Note, it could be made in Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, China, Hungry(maybe) Vietnam...... etc ...... or a combo of all the above. So, even though the specs are the same....... the components are likely not the same and even if they are same part #...... the QC in Korea is way better than China (for example). So, a modem chip made in one country may be better than another even though they are from the same company. In my business we have to be very careful of this issue since in my line of work everything is 100% perfect only...... or if you have failure ppls lives are on the line in turn your job........career.

So, in short when a dev makes something it is based on his phone really, for the most part everything works right, but remember,... none of these phones were ever QC-tested for a bunch of geeks like us flashing a gazillion different roms on it...... Ergo by doing so, we are in uncharted waters....... and that is part of the coolness of flashing new roms.....along with a better phones......etc... hope that helps some understand the complexity of why things work the way they work.

Play nice...... and follow the rules

Thanks, ~~ oka1
    All snarkyness aside, if Jamie can't recreate the bug, it's not a bug. At least, it's not HIS bug.

CM10 has some issues. It's a fresh alpha, meaning that it isn't even ready for bug reports as of yet. Cyanogen and his crew are working on getting everything settled in, but we really don't even have a branch for the i1717 there officially yet. So Jamie is porting from CM10 for another phone (the SGSII) and is forcing PA in as well. PA is official and stable, but the base (CM10) is not even close.

Jamie can't fix the problems that Cyanogen and team is working on.

ahem.. i am NOT porting anything anymore :p we have a local manifest and full source for i717 cm10 its just buggy as you can tell :p and we got official nightlies last night. but that doesnt mean its all fixed :p , and pa fully supports quincyatt in their source so no more ports.

this rom is fully 100% built for the i717